Yamaha Truly Unlimited UTV - Rustfish Racing 2921

kornfed

May 13, 2015
Costa Mesa
www.tetraracing.com
How's testing going? Can't wait to hear a full ride report in race trim.

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk
It is everything we hoped it would be. Like anything we want more power, but it is light, skips over the bumps and nimble.

The race will be interesting... We are still doing wiring and still don't have front axles.

It will be ready, but damn this is tight....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kornfed

May 13, 2015
Costa Mesa
www.tetraracing.com

Thanks for everyone that can to see the car at contingency. Lot of what the and oh my God and the like.

Time to go to work. Pfeiffer brothers of the line at 10. Let's see how this car does in this insane race format.

badassmav

Jun 11, 2013
Jamul
Well, tell us how the day went. I don't know any results, and will be happy to wait if you're gonna do a race report. Hope it went well for you.

kornfed

May 13, 2015
Costa Mesa
www.tetraracing.com
Collision on first lap. Car was flying until the pile up. Everyone is ok and live to fight another day.

FYI, this car is better than we thought. Going to be a fun year. Just need people to get out of the way...

NIKAL

May 13, 2012
Sounds like a lot of carnage out there today. Heard pretty much the same thing happen to the Redlands guys. Broke cars in the middle of the course with no one around flagging or let others know. They collided in the dust and ripped the whole left front suspension off on lap 5.

kornfed

May 13, 2015
Costa Mesa
www.tetraracing.com
Sounds like a lot of carnage out there today. Heard pretty much the same thing happen to the Redlands guys. Broke cars in the middle of the course with no one around flagging or let others know. They collided in the dust and ripped the whole left front suspension off on lap 5.
Yep. It was tight....

tatum

Hans Solo - 2009 UTV Baja 500 & 1000 Winner - UTVU
Feb 10, 2009
arizona
Man that sucks! I was looking for you guys and you never came around on the first lap.

tatum

Hans Solo - 2009 UTV Baja 500 & 1000 Winner - UTVU
Feb 10, 2009
arizona
Yep wreck happened at RM10. All that prep and build up and we get taken out in 10 miles. Oh well that is racing... Good seeing you out there....

Nice meeting you and better luck next time. Everyone I know that saw the car was blown away by the build. Hopefully it kicks ass and Yamaha will take note.

Reactions: kornfed

Sport10

Feb 14, 2015
I have no idea who was driving the car...but what a bitchen move going into the first turn that picked off a few cars that were hanging back! That car is nice!!!!

Reactions: kornfed

badassmav

Jun 11, 2013
Jamul
That's a shame Dave, sorry to hear it. Nikal made a good point about carnage, and no flagmen available to warn oncomers. With such a large field competing on such a short loop, perhaps it makes sense to have officials posted frequently enough along the course, as to respond to the likelihood of multi-car crashes. I expect that a flagman could have helped avoid some of the carnage (and cost of repairs to the racers) that occurred.
I'm aware that you had a collision, but please don't tell me that the bearing plate at the end of the trailing arm is what broke. Your car is well built to see some heavy abuse at high speeds. Even if you think it is overkill, a few pounds here and there is not a penalty when compared to the ability to take a hit, and still get finishing points for your efforts. IMO, based on your cars weigh in, there's ample room there to add more beef. It is a given that you will be mixing it up with other cars as the season progresses. Don't allow that to be a weak point of your chassis. Off road designers don't enjoy the luxury of constants, or maximum loading parameters like road racing engineers can. We have to build for the unseen, and expect the unexpected..

Some food for thought: The Monster Mav had a wet weight of 2,365 lbs. minus occupants, with stock HP around 100. Yep, each pony was responsible to haul over 23 lbs. Although Marc is no slouch behind the wheel, it was the durability of the chassis, along with thorough preparation that allowed us to finish every mile of the season en-route to winning the points championship. To quote Claire Peller, "Where's the Beef"?

facteryfmf

Looking For a Few Good Men - UTVUnderground Approv
Feb 8, 2009
Phoenix
I hate to tell you guys, but flag men's lives would have seriously been in danger. Ultimately 120 cars in 16 miles is a flat out joke. Even with wind you were forced to drive in the dust or risk being slammed from behind. I know this is off road racing but this turned into demolition derby with people driving with their eyes closed unfortunately.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000