True 4 Seat DSR1 build

Kustomfab2003

Jul 24, 2011
Here are some teaser pic's of my version of a 4 seat Rhino with a 2006 R1 engine. This will be much like a RZR4 but with about 20" wheel travel on all sides etc.

109" Wheel base x 76" wide track width front and rear

Class 10 bulkhead and front arms scaled down for width with 1" uniballs top and bottom.

Rear boxed trailing arms 27" long

Wilwood 5 x 4.75 10.75" rotor with 4 piston brakes

Spindles/uprights will be a custom set using a S-10 spindle spud

Rear drive is a Weller unit with 930 Flanges welded on and race prepped and lightened 930 drive system. 12/55 gearing for now.

Wheels - Jegs 15x4

Tires 215 75 15 BFG Km2 with custom cut pattern for rear

Pro-Am stearing Rack

CBR Radiator

PRP Seats

Jazz 10 gallon foam filled cell

Envy Concepts front hood and rear bedsides

Chassis - All 4130 1 1/2" tubing

Magnaflow exhaust

I will get the pic's flowing now and update as it comes along...

-Josh

Attachments

Last edited:

Kustomfab2003

Jul 24, 2011
Ben is correct, not a race car... a 4 seat car for my kids and I to romp around the desert in. If I were to build a racer, I would stay within spec's. I just wanted to have a unique 4 seater that was not on the market. This would have been out about 6 months ago, but the builder and I got behind and focused on other commitments.

Kustomfab2003

Jul 24, 2011
Basic skeleton started... going to need a wider and deeper hood. Changing the front to a J Arm instead of a A-Arm top and bottom. Will post more over the weekend as progress continues...Wheels are set at full bump with 5" of clearance under the chassis.

Attachments

Kustomfab2003

Jul 24, 2011
I am going to need a wider hood then the Empyre I have... JoeyD any ideas? My chassis is about 60" wide at the A-pillar and would like something just as wide.

Last edited:

rappy60guy

Jan 24, 2010
world ag expo is my in my backyard !!! i just ended up buying a new toy there a new millere 252 mig welder cheap!!! love the FARM SHOW

Kustomfab2003

Jul 24, 2011
I've got a Hellion hood that would be fairly easy to widen/lengthen. I don't think anything exists wider than an Empire.
I mostly need it wider where it mouts towards the A Pillar. The empyre is still set up to use the stock style dash insert so it narrows up quite a bit up front. What type of price are you looking at for the Hellion? I found a Frod Ranger one piece clip that would possibly work as well....

Wild Earp

50Fifty Racer - UTVUnderground Approved
The Hellion hood is 61" wide at the A pillar. Its made for widened a-pillars cars, thats why I didn't use it on mine. Id like to get $200 for it. If your interested, shoot me a PM with your email, and Ill send you some pics.

But yeah, with as big as your car is, a mid size pickup hood would fit better, but would loose the look of a UTV.

Kustomfab2003

Jul 24, 2011
The Hellion hood is 61" wide at the A pillar. Its made for widened a-pillars cars, thats why I didn't use it on mine. Id like to get $200 for it. If your interested, shoot me a PM with your email, and Ill send you some pics.

But yeah, with as big as your car is, a mid size pickup hood would fit better, but would loose the look of a UTV.
PM sent... sounds like a perfect fit!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000