Trailer Clean up - Zep

mosslager

STEEEEEEEEKERZ - UTVUnderground Approved
Nov 4, 2009
Dd you do the TSP prep also...if not, how did you prep it....I am considering ths also.

JimandMelissa

UTVUndeground La Familia
Oct 4, 2010
Dd you do the TSP prep also...if not, how did you prep it....I am considering ths also.
First I did the BarKeepers with a Scothcbrite doobie pad. Went threw a couple pads. Cleaned up the caulking and took my time to do a good prep.

For the TSP, I mixed it in a bucket and used a flow through brush on an extened pole to apply. Got that at Home Depot.

Then 4 coats of ZEP lightly applied making sure there were no drips or runs. It really starts coming out good on the 3rd and 4th coats so don't worry if it's not pretty on the first 2.

I'd also caution to not put the ZEP on in the hot sun. Seems to work better in the morning and evening when it's cooler.

JimandMelissa

UTVUndeground La Familia
Oct 4, 2010
The real prep is the BKF and Doobie pad. The TSP is just a wash and rinse kinda thing to get it ready for the ZEP.

mosslager

STEEEEEEEEKERZ - UTVUnderground Approved
Nov 4, 2009
What kind of time frame start to finish....how many feet is the trailer?

JimandMelissa

UTVUndeground La Familia
Oct 4, 2010
What kind of time frame start to finish....how many feet is the trailer?
I just did the front cap to test it out. All done in an afternoon including 30 minute breaks for ZEP to dry. Our Trailer is 35'. I'm just gonna do it a little each day on the prep now and then do the ZEP once all the prep is done on each side and the back.

It's really easy to do. The BKF cleans it up pretty quick. I'm basically very lazy when it comes to this stuff. I've tried the whole buffer machine wax on wax off thing before but always quit and hired some else to do it. :cool:

warlock

Wanna Go Fast? - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 23, 2009
az
I would probably have it buffed with a Machines cause the Scarring or shadows is pretty much permanent. I have seen some trailers scarred even being a month old. So just have it buffed hard first then maybe clean it good like they say and apply the ZEP Floor Wax.

JimandMelissa

UTVUndeground La Familia
Oct 4, 2010
You could also try a small section first and see if it works but Warlock is right. It's hard to cover that.

If it works great, if not, you're not any worse off.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000