Trail etiquette

Rokitman

UTVUnderground La Familia
Mar 11, 2013
Nipomo, CA
The story about Goat Brekker was very cool, but the reporter should know we don't operate "ROVs". The military does that. We operate "UTVs".

steino411

American Pride
Jan 3, 2011
San Diego
I like the hand signal system, however it does get a little old on a really busy "trail" like Shell Reef Expressway in OW on Thanksgiving Weekend. It should be reserved for single track trails. It is kinda obvious when you can see everyone coming, and the trail is 15' wide.

kennyo15

Paramount Motorsports / Black Rhino - UTVUndergrou
Aug 19, 2009
Alpine, CA
All trail rides turn into a race. I can't follow. I have push people and go fast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rusty you are probably the one that get the half piece sign hand signal from everyone, right... haha

Sandman365

Booze Cruzin'
May 24, 2013
Escondido
I like the hand signal system, however it does get a little old on a really busy "trail" like Shell Reef Expressway
Yeah, not necessary for trails with 2 way traffic. Growing up in Glamis, our group used the generic left hand up for caution, typically when about to take handlebars to chest in a witch's eye. Works well within your riding group, and use it nowadays with UTVs when needed.

I'll use the finger system on one way trails when a group has pulled over to let us by.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000