Toy Hauler tie down system

G.T.

Jan 15, 2010
Gilroy, CA
So for Christmas my wife got me this sweet tie down setup from a company called Bolt It On. In my toy hauler I typically haul dirt bikes and my T4. Im always getting creative on how to strap everything down securely. This setup allowed me to haul three bikes in the front half and my T4 behind them. The quality of the product was top notch and they went out of their way to make sure I had the product by Christmas just in time for our Dumont trip.
View attachment 11463View attachment 11464

Attachments

G.T.

Jan 15, 2010
Gilroy, CA
Do the 3 bikes weigh more than your T4?
No. The combined weight of the dirt bikes is around 600 lbs. The T4 is in the neighborhood of 1600 lbs. I tie the teryx down using separate tie down points from the ones that the dirt bike tie down system is attached to and I made sure that the front tires weren't against the cross bar. I didn't want to place any more load than just the bikes on the tie down setup.

dkiewicz

Space Cadet - UTVUnderground's La Familia
Nov 28, 2009
Hesperia Ca
O.k. I was thinking you might want to have the heaviest part of the T4 over the trailer axles and the bikes in the back by the ramp. You may have too much weight on the rear set of trailer tires in your current configuration. Keep and eye on the rear tires for abnormal loading and wear.

That tie-down looks cool and looks like it keeps the bikes where they need to be.:cool:

Dan ...

onerich

The Carpenter - UTVUnderground's La familia
Jan 29, 2011
Elmonte, SOCAL
It looks like it can be adjusted in many ways, does the rack have front wheel locks our do you still need to use tie downs on the handle bars ? A nice gift for sure . LOOkED at the bigger pix and I now see the tie down points now .

G.T.

Jan 15, 2010
Gilroy, CA
It looks like it can be adjusted in many ways, does the rack have front wheel locks our do you still need to use tie downs on the handle bars ? A nice gift for sure . LOOkED at the bigger pix and I now see the tie down points now .
You still use tie downs on the handle bars. The rack has multiple holes that both the wheel chocks, tie down brackets, and stands can be moved to. They use spring loaded plungers to hold the bracket in the location of your choice. I also like the fact that the center wheel chock is about 12" off of the crossbar to eliminate any interference with handlebars when hauling 3 bikes.

honda1971

How BAD do you want your LAND? - UTVUnderground Ap
Feb 11, 2009
Litchfield Park
Cool product. Also love the wood floor, just to be curious is it very expensive to do? Thanks

G.T.

Jan 15, 2010
Gilroy, CA
Cool product. Also love the wood floor, just to be curious is it very expensive to do? Thanks
That wood floor is linoleum! I just put it in about a month ago. I had to buy a whole roll for about $500 and I did the bathroom as well. I used some quarter round around the perimeter to help hold the edges down. I also powder coated all of the tie down rings and table bases to match.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000