TORC series anyone ?

fortune46x

Aug 1, 2013
Iowa
Anyone coming to the Twin Cities next weekend at ERX ? or Bark River, Crandon?

Heard a lot of people talk about it but no one is committing from our area.

fortune46x

Aug 1, 2013
Iowa
We are coming out for this one......planning on all 3, actually!
Awesome! I will be at all 3 with any luck too, What classes are you and Jason racing ?

While you're out here you need to convince them to add a SR1 class for next year.. I know a guy that wants to build one in the worst way but has no reason to yet ha-ha.

450grl

The First Lady of SXS - UTVUnderground Approved
Mar 15, 2009
I will be racing the Pro Stock class in my YXZ....and YES....I'd like to talk to them about the SR1s. If we can get some out to Crandon to demo, that would be SICK!! :)

tim

Jul 12, 2016
Anyone coming to the Twin Cities next weekend at ERX ? or Bark River, Crandon?

me and a buddy will be there.. ill be racing in the stock class

Heard a lot of people talk about it but no one is committing from our area.

bluediamond

Jun 24, 2015
The UTV classes will grow fast . People up there have been waiting for a good short course series to compete in. Racing in the woods is fun but including UTVs in the series will be a big hit I would bet.

fortune46x

Aug 1, 2013
Iowa
The UTV classes will grow fast . People up there have been waiting for a good short course series to compete in. Racing in the woods is fun but including UTVs in the series will be a big hit I would bet.
No doubt , We run Erx's regular short course series on the track you can see from 169 , they run it on a Thursday which seems to be the biggest hindrance in participants from what I hear/read , but they still end up with 5-10 cars in each class.

I cant imagine how big Torc will be if they run it right and keep expense down (not sure what LOORS charges but 150 for a license for 3 rounds and 300 for each class raced on top of facility parking seems steep) - they're really limiting themselves right now though by not putting the info on their website and relying on word of mouth to get the rules/info out there.

BOBONTHIS

#64 PRO UTVUNDERGROUND RACER - UTVUnderground Appr
Jan 27, 2009
Mesa, AZ
We are committed to Crandon only this year. Also draaging up
Drew Schultz with me. He is running the stock class and I'm running the Turbo class.

spangs

IlliNOISE - UTVUnderground Approved
May 25, 2009
illinois
www.spangsfab.com
I don't think I Would get my turbo done in time for anything this year. but would like to get to one of the races. help someone in the pit or just go.

fortune46x

Aug 1, 2013
Iowa
Crandon is the shit. Been speaking with Crandon for years about UTV racing so glad to see its finally happening.
I'm hoping it takes off , Can you imagine a sr1 screaming around Crandon... then again it might be better if it didn't happen so I might have a few pennies left in my pocket..

Reactions: 450grl

Kilgore23

Dec 12, 2012
Hey us SR1 guys are all about Crandon, full race/demo whatever. Give us a shot and we'll put on a show.

fortune46x

Aug 1, 2013
Iowa
While our weekend didn't go as planned it was an amazing weekend for the first round ! We had what seemed to be a strong car in practice Friday , went out for the first race Saturday and after making a clean pass Jeremy Houle had someone steer into him (Live feed/recording is on FB for those that missed it) and it sent him into a 3 to 4 roll barrel roll. We used all of our spare parts and some off the Supercharged Pit Car and were able to get setup yesterday for him to bring home a 4th overall with a less then perfect Wildcat.

Erx had great track , I got to meet up with the legend herself Corry Weller and check out her Honey Badger , and had a great time all and all , I cannot wait for Crandon!

Attachments

Reactions: JoeyD23 and 450grl

bluediamond

Jun 24, 2015
What an awsome weekend with a killer course. My only complaint of the entire weekend was how slow the course workers were in dealing with the carnage on Saturday. Took way too long to go back to green.

450grl

The First Lady of SXS - UTVUnderground Approved
Mar 15, 2009
Had a blast out there in MN!! So cool meeting so many new UTV racers, and being able to race that track for the first time....what an amazing facility!! I think we had a great turnout for a first time event!! I want to say 15 or so UTVs?? And I know those numbers will only go up, especially when others see the great coverage we get, and how much fun it is out there! TORC treated us VERY well, and it's a privilege to be a part of their Pro Series!!

We are all being tech'd on a regular basis for rules compliance, which is really good and will keep the classes fair as this class grows larger and larger, and TORC and USAC are excited to have UTVs on board.

I personally can't wait to go back and race Bark River in two weeks!! Again, it was great meeting you guys out there, and we will see you all again soon!! :)

spangs

IlliNOISE - UTVUnderground Approved
May 25, 2009
illinois
www.spangsfab.com
This should be a great series for us. hopefully I can get mine up to race spec before the last race for the mod class. If not will be there next year.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000