Tierra Del Sol 50th Aniversary March 2-4

JimandMelissa

UTVUndeground La Familia
Oct 4, 2010
I will be doing the run, as for me why, that's the fun of doing a group ride;) Otherwise I can go to S-22 any time, the fun is watching all the other folks and doing the challenges a run provides! If you don't like crowds it is the wrong place to be! Anyone wanting to represent La Familia as a group I will be there to ride with Terra Del Sol;):D:cool:
The whole course is marked. We did it last year the day before and had a blast. Saved the 60 bucks and spending all day in a line going no where fast on a ride that takes an hour. Spent the rest of the time in the park watching some real cool 4X4's doing obsitcles and checking out all the vendors. Much better way to spend the day.

JimandMelissa

UTVUndeground La Familia
Oct 4, 2010
Toni here...again! If its ok with everyone, we can bring hamburgers/cheese/bread to make around 30 burgers ( saw a great deal at Sam's). If everyone else wants to bring something else, more burgers, trimmings, side dish for Saturday night.
Sounds good :cool:

JimandMelissa

UTVUndeground La Familia
Oct 4, 2010
If I had a weekend I would agree, but it supports a good club and cause, and I enjoy the ride! I am all about the ride, there is not much out there I haven't done, so watching the jeeps try and me buzzing right up is cool;) If I was going to camp there it might be a different story? One way or another I was planning an all day deal, I might as well do it on the trail, and help keep land open;) If I hadn't gone ridding with TDS 30 years ago we wouldn't be cruising some of the trails we do today! Besides what else would I do? Stay home and work?:(
We'll be supporting the cause by buying raffle tickets. I wouldn't exactly call this a ride but I'm glad you enjoy that sort of thing and hope you have a great time. Since they built the new park, it's way more fun to watch and play there. On the trail, you can't really see as much when something happens 50-100 cars in front of you. I can do that on the freeway twice a day in rush hour traffic.

I'm not sure what you did 30 years ago but I am sure I would be doing the same rides either way.

Might be a good idea to start another thread and sign up list for those that take their off-roading as seriously as you do. We'll pretty much be talkin about hamburgers, beer and enjoying the desert our way here and I wouldn't want you to get upset with us. :cool:

Socalroy

UTVUnderground La Familia
Nov 11, 2011
Murrieta
WAIT A MINUTE YOUR AT HOME..............AND I HAVE BEEN AT WORK FOR 10 HOURS.......SO AT LEAST LET ME HAVE THE FIRST BEER WHEN WE GET THERE!!!!......LOL:D

Deb&Roy

UTVUnderground La Familia
Nov 27, 2011
Ernesto - I'm not working - I'll come drink Coors Light with you guys LMFAO.......:D

JimandMelissa

UTVUndeground La Familia
Oct 4, 2010
Jim, I don't care who goes or not? No drama, just saying you started this as TDS 50th? So thought you were there for it? No problem at all, anyone wanting to do the ride or rides can or just camp and ride? No obligation by anyone for anything! I will be there early and then out and line up, the action is in the group your in, and have never been disappointed! A lot of the trails I know have come from my years traveling Jeep trails and doing these kind of rides rides! As I said you can do S-22 anytime without all the crowds and dust;):cool:
You are correct. I did start it as TDS 50th. Where we may have some differences, is in what we want from our experience while there. I think it's kinda like goin to Disneyland. Some go for the Matterhorn, some go for Mr. Toads Wild ride. But everyone goes to have a good time. What's fun for me at TDS might not be the same as others and that's cool with me. I had hoped that those with similar expectations would post in this thread and join us for the weekend.

TDS is not just about the one ride for me. They have lots to see and do including fire works this year. Hell, they even have a SxS ride this time but I don't know of any SxS's that meet all the "stated" requirements of their tech inspection. Guess they'll figure it out somehow.

JimandMelissa

UTVUndeground La Familia
Oct 4, 2010
BTW, just remembered I started this thread:eek:;):cool: I was promoting TDS and the whole experience and seeing who was going? So I did start a thread for serious off-roaders, but if you want to talk Burgers and Beers I'm okay with that;)

Riding With TDS:

1. Papa Bear
Please refer to page 1 post 1

http://www.utvunderground.com/f69/tierra-del-sol-50th-aniversary-march-2-4-a-9230.html

You might just be incorrect :cool:

But thanks for letting me talk about what I want in my thread :cool:

You can even keep your list here if you like :cool:

Reactions: 1 person

steino411

American Pride
Jan 3, 2011
San Diego
I want to come by and say Hi, and have a cool one! I met you on the NCY ride at Truckhaven. I am probably just going for the day. I might park at County Line Rd where some friends are going to be, and ride over. Or can I park for the day where you guys are? :D

JimandMelissa

UTVUndeground La Familia
Oct 4, 2010
I want to come by and say Hi, and have a cool one! I met you on the NCY ride at Truckhaven. I am probably just going for the day. I might park at County Line Rd where some friends are going to be, and ride over. Or can I park for the day where you guys are? :D
Welcome to park by us :cool:

JimandMelissa

UTVUndeground La Familia
Oct 4, 2010
Sorry Jim, I thought I posted a thread about TDS? I can move the list, now problem, just thought it was funny you were promoting the event and staying out of it????:confused:
No worries - Not sure what's funny. I'm not staying out of it. I'm just not doing it the same way you would. When I read the schedule, it seemed to me there were 3 days of events and I must have missed the part that said if you didn't do the main ride it means you weren't there or didn't participate properly.

I'll go re-read it now. :cool:

dkiewicz

Space Cadet - UTVUnderground's La Familia
Nov 28, 2009
Hesperia Ca
Hell, they even have a SxS ride this time but I don't know of any SxS's that meet all the "stated" requirements of their tech inspection. Guess they'll figure it out somehow.

Requirements? How about we show 'em all our battle scars, that should be suffice, don't you think?????

Requirements, Ha, Ha, Ha!!!!:rolleyes:

dkiewicz

Space Cadet - UTVUnderground's La Familia
Nov 28, 2009
Hesperia Ca
Yep, I have the extinguisher, I'm looking for a solid mount that will take our driving habits. Most are uber expensive, but if I must, I will spend the $$$.

Dan ...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000