This one is for Warlock, another paddle tire thread

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com

Last week I had the chance to spend a day at DWT building (and I mean actually building) my very own set of new 15" DET Sector 3-piece wheels. In the process I had decided to use these for paddle tires on my new XP4 Turbo FatRod V2 Build.

I met the guys from Skat-Trax at the Off Road Expo and we struck a deal to help change my mind on paddle tires. As most of you know I have been pretty outspoken on he fact that most paddle tires are overrated and many actually ruin performance va increase it.

What you see pictured are a brand new set of 31.5" tall paddles and buffs that I will test in Glamis over Camp RZR weekend.

Here we go... let's see if Warlock has been right all these years.

Reactions: Glamisfan

Sandman365

Booze Cruzin'
May 24, 2013
Escondido
Joey, are the blades a new style from Skat Trak? Looks like a whole lot of flat base under the blade where they're vulcanized on the carcass. Looks different than other Skats.

warlock

Wanna Go Fast? - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 23, 2009
az
Joey, are the blades a new style from Skat Trak? Looks like a whole lot of flat base under the blade where they're vulcanized on the carcass. Looks different than other Skats.
That's the New wider Glider Blade.
It's a little shorter than the Extreme Blade and its thicker so it doesn't flex back under acceleration and the 13" long so we believe that you can run a few more blades but not a lot more since the blade is 13" across so it moves some Sand and at speed it will hopefully be riding in the center of the tire so the extra wide blade is not all in the sand. Molded tires have a flat surface and that's extra drag and resistance since the tire rides on its face the whole time.
We are all about light weight and I'm sorry but beadlocks are never really light. The least amount of weight possible the better.
My Truck makes 800 ft Lbs of Torque and 400 hp and who would think that a Tire that's just a few sizes larger and heavier than stock would be that big of a deal right. Well it's frickin noticeable as Hell on take off and braking and the fuel mileage suffers. So on these 150 hp range crankshaft Hp cars its a big deal to keep drivetrain mass low. It makes a huge difference in how the car reacts and performs.

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

Seaver

Jul 13, 2010
Boise ID
Just bought a fresh set up from Skat trak for my stock YXZ, They are light weight and work awesome. Love them.
Being in the sport this long Joey you should know who makes the lightest best working sand tire!?

Reactions: warlock

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000