The Racing Dreamz Back to School Newsletter

The Back to School Racing Dreamz Newsletter

Hi folks. Yea, it's that time again it seems. Another newsletter. This one is the Back To School newsletter. Alot has happened this summer. A great many good things happened to and with Racing Dreamz. And some, not so good. So, let's get into it.

First, I'd like to pay tribute to one of our Mascots. Cooter. Cooter was our 12 yr old Pomeranian. He passed away on July 4<SUP>th</SUP>, late at night. He had gone blind and was loosing his hearing in his later weeks. So, I guess he just wanted to go home. He barked late that night, like he wanted to go outside. I got up to take him out and as he was trying to find his way in the grass, he laid down and died. It broke my heart like I had never had before. It's weird, having your own children grown and gone and a little dog comes into your life. After twelve years, it's like loosing one of your own. But I know that he's in a better place and young again. So, with this, I am officially naming the first racing series, the Cooter Nationals. As he loved to run fast. God speed, my friend. Until that day, wait for me.

Now onto the news. In May, we met with the Carter County Car Club to ask that we be able to promote and host the 1<SUP>st</SUP> Annual Racing Dreamz Benefit Concert. We had invited the bands, Grits from Dumplin Valley and Cuz, from Nashville to perform. They generously donated their time and talent to help us. The CC Car Club voted on our proposal and approved our request. So the concert were to be held September 22<SUP>nd</SUP>. We did manage to get a vendor to prepare the food that was to be sold, numerous racing memorabilia items to be given away and a promotional marketing scheme ready to go into play. All this hinged on our office in downtown Elizabethton, being ready for occupancy by June 1<SUP>st</SUP>. Just rolls around, office not ready. July rolls around, still not ready. August rolls around, not ready and we were told that it would never be ready. So, with this development, we decided to cancel/postpone the concert. We want to thank the CC Car Club for their generosity, along with Grits and Cuz. The office that we were supposed to rent, had heating and air conditioning, flooring and painting issues. So with the month of July, the hottest in history, there was no way we could house our simulation equipment in these conditions and allow the kids to be in an unsafe environment. So, our summer training went down the tubes. We withdrew our contract to rent the office after all this happened. Now, we're still looking for another space that we can house the simulators and the official Racing Dreamz office.

Now, during this time, we did manage to have some good news. We were graced by the very generous donation by Ricmotech Simulators, LLC. Frank Rico donated 4 complete templates and plans to us to build his custom built simulators. So a big thanks goes out to Frank(www.ricmotech.com). Please visit his site, send him an email and thank him for his support. As some of you that know me know, I'm handy with wood, but not the best. So I solicite Peerless Woodworking in Bluff City, Tn., to give us a hand at cutting the wooden panels. Bob Gagne was very kind to offer their help. Peerless is a family woodworking business that builds custom cabinetry and interiors. They should be ready next week, before the Bristol race. We're really looking forward having these panel back. I know they will be expertly cut. We already have the paint and striping ready. Candy Apple Red and White. We plan on pin striping and placing the Ricmotech decals on them. We'll share pictures when they are finished.
TagTeam 1 and Mr. Steve Watson donated 4 brand new Polaris RZR seats to complete the simulators. This will give a very 'off road' feel to them. And of course, off roading is the name of the game with Racing Dreamz. :) A HUGE thanks to Frank, TagTeam1 and Steve. It's folks like these that keeps the mission of Racing Dreamz alive.

Associated Electric or Team Associated, generously donated a 1/10<SUP>th</SUP> scale off road Radio Control truck to Racing Dreamz. This RC vehicle will provide excellent hand/eye coordination. Plus, hours of fun. Please visit their website and show your support for their company.

Mr. Simon Hayes, CEO and chief trainer at Performance Physixx(www.performancephysixx.com) is the official physical fitness coach for Racing Dreamz. His experience coaching Formula 1 drivers, Nascar, ARCA and IMSA drivers will be a huge benefit to the kids. Human fitness training and mental focusing is a great addition to our program. Racing Dreamz will be the only organization that will have driver coaching from professionals like this. We are extremely happy and proud to have Mr. Hayes and Performance Physixx on board.

We learned how to apply for grants during the last of spring and all during summer. We had applied for several small grants from companies like CVS, Finish Line, Home Depot, etc. These were small community grants. Unfortunately, new non profits, as ours, are generally turned down the first round. It's been said they turn us down to make sure we are around for the next round of grants. So, when we are turned down, we'll reapply for the next round. Racing Dreamz's mission is very important to Donna and I and we'll strive to make this go. We realize there are a great many children out there that have that dream to race but feel that they may never come true. We aim to help these kids. I know what it feels like and I'd hate to see others go thru their life not knowing and experiencing their dream. So, we're gonna keep building. :)

Last week, we realized that as a non profit, we were tax exempt. A little late as we have personally bought and paid for a lot of expenses out of our own personal funds. The sales tax exemption would have saved us a lot of money. But, now that we know, we're going to take full advantage of it.

We are still looking for investors/donators to help with the 95 acre property that we want to purchase. It is in Carter County. The property is a forclosure by a bank in Florida. We have spoken with them several times. The listing price is $175,000. They will sell it to us for $150,000. We are looking for investors to help with $75,000. I've spoken with the local government and all is clear for racing. So, if anyone knows of someone looking to invest or helping Racing Dreamz build, send them our way. We'll gladly entertain offers.

We'd also like to thank Outlaw UTV's for their very generous donation, time and expertise. Mr. Mike Brown has offered to build the Racing Dreamz off road karts. They will be patterned after the Trophy Karts. We will need to supply the tires/rims, shocks and drive train. Once we get the specifics from Mike, we'll start looking for companies to help with these. We talked with Harbor Freight today and things look promising . So, a big thanks to Outlaw UTV's and Mike Brown. We're really looking forward to seeing the karts and his excellent craftsmanship.

A big thanks goes out to Mr. Jason Halls, CEO of Quantum Racing, LLC. He has pledged his and Quantum's support to Racing Dreamz. I'm sure when we get the property and karts, Mr. Halls will be stepping in to fulfill that pledge. Racing Dreamz will be very grateful.

Last but not least by any means, we'd like to officially welcome Mr. Scott Rehn to our Advisory Board of Directors. Scott brings with him years of experience in off road racing. He is the track announcer and TV personality for all the TORC/Amsoil racing series. Along with that, he travels the country with the Monster Truck series in the off seasons as their official announcer. Scott has been a very vocal and valuable instrument in getting the word out about Racing Dreamz. Just about every race this year, Scott's been there promoting us to the masses. It would be insane of us if we did not extend this invitation to him. He has been our biggest fan and supporter. So, please welcome Scott to our organization and we're just thrilled to have him. Be sure to look for the TORC series on the internet and TV. He's the big guy with the loud voice. :) Welcome Scott.

So, that's about it for now. Please direct your support and prayers our way in the upcoming grants that's about to be awarded. If all goes well, we'll be able to get the kids racing by next spring. If not, we'll keep working at it until we do.

Oh, one more thing. We have changed the Racing Dreamz office phone number. Everything else is the same. You can reach us now at 423-297-8228. Feel free to call anytime during normal business hours. Thank you for reading our newsletter and for your support. See ya around at the next pit stop.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000