the first Yamaha R1 alternator pully adapter kits

megadesertdiesel

Jan 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ
Well another small product born out of necessity for the R1 engine. this adapter will allow you to run a 1/2" or 3/4" inside diameter pully off the end of the R1 crank which can then be connected to a fullsize alternator of your choice. it will fit 2004 to 2008 Yamaha R1 engines. this will be a great addition to any R1 powered UTV, it will give you the much needed power to run all of the necessary accessories like race radios, off road lights, fuel pumps, and whip lights without worring about drainning your battery.

This kit is easy to install and will leave room for your engine mounts. everything you see is included in te kit except for a pully. due to the end users requirements i felt the added cost of a pully that would not suit all was not needed. there are lots of companys that can provide you a pully at the size of you liking. i included a 1/2" to 3/4" i.d aluminum bushing to allow more choices in pully sizes.

I would recomend running a Power Master alternator due to their claim of a 15,000 RPM max which will be ok for these high revving engines. you can reduce the rpm with different size pullys to keep the alternator from spinning in its high rpm range. Summit racing has ok deals on them, but drop shipps them so shipping could take a couple weeks.

i normally dont make products and sell them but figured this was something a few people need and i wanted one so i had a few made.

i am selling these for $212 shipped to your door.

12mm stud, heat treated and zinc coated shaft, bearing carrier with oil seal, 1/2" to 3/4" pully adapter, 1/2" grade 8 washer, 1/2" grade 8 nyloc nut

completed installation

install 12mm stud with red loctite and tighten with 6mm wrench

install shaft to stud with red loctite nd torque to 43 ft lbs with 6mm allen key

install pick up rotor cover and torque cover bolts to 8.7 ft lbs

remove o-ring and install in bearing carrier

install bearing carrier with red loctite to pick up rotor cover, make sure to lube shaft with oil to ensure oil seal is not damaged during installation

slide on 1/2" to 3/4" pully adapter

pully not included in kit, sizes vary too much to include

15/16" clear between pick up rotor cover and inside edge of pully

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
Thats a nice piece.....unfortunatly for me my header will wrap very tight around right there so that it clears my seat mounting :( It should be done by monday and there is no turning back on it at this point

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
Have you confirmed it will clear the Weller SR1 motor mount?
By the looks of it....it should clear. My header is being built off of a car with the weller kit since my car is off for sheet metal:cool:and it had to be a little tighter due to the weller front engine mount.

trunknuts

Jul 11, 2010
I dont think he has plans to update. I think the old kit had a slight malfunction and damaged his motor. I'm not speaking for him though. This is just me "thinking."

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

STETLER

R1-Custom - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 24, 2009
Orange, CA
That sucks to hear. It just wouldn't work huh. I'd like to throw on a alt. in my car. Think I'll just install a second battery up front in the meantime.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000