The Dark Horse...

roostingrhino

Roost That Rhino - UTVUnderground Approved
Jun 21, 2009
i am rebuilding my rhino... i have learned alot from building the r1 rhino the first time, and am using my past experiance to build a real bullit proof machine... better looking, wheight bias, oil bath chain setup for no maintince a longest chain life possible... the weakest like with the R1 rhino is the chain drive setup, the rhino needs to be geared low which cuases heat build up from so much rotaion.... i have changed how the gear box was mounted to double the chain links and it made the chain last twice as long but still it would burn the o rings if i rode at a high rate of speed for a extended period... the new solution is a sealed oil bath which will drastically reduce chain and sprocket wear and the heat build up... so here is The project Dark Horse...

Reactions: 1 person

roostingrhino

Jun 21, 2009
i will post them once i get started on building it... gotta get a new header and mount my motor up higher first... soon i will tho

roostingrhino

Jun 21, 2009
moved the gas brake and clutch pedals over today only spent about 2 hours on it today...

roostingrhino

Jun 21, 2009
i have been looking at getting a garmin nuvi 550 gps becuase it can be used in my truck as well as the rhino... anyone have one? do you like it? also i am wanting to get a rugged radio set maybe for christmas...

roostingrhino

Jun 21, 2009
i have the stock rhino outter cv machined down and welded a 930 flange on it... it holds up well and is a blast to drive... caint wait to get it running again, gotta a few more parts to buy soon. i am trying to get all the work done i can before i buy them... thanks for the compliments!

roostingrhino

Jun 21, 2009
got a bit more work done
the car is 67" wide and 10'1"long
i am slowly getting there

roostingrhino

Jun 21, 2009
got the chassis nearly done.
it has 210' of 1 1/2" tubing, 50 floor tabs, 25 corner gussets, 100 dzus tabs, 20lbs welding rods, 4 bottles of argon gas, and about 80 hours of my time. what do you guys think?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000