the 2014 maverick specs are out, what do you think?

megadesertdiesel

Jan 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ
The info is on other forums. I don't want to link to them out of respect to this forum.

But is has me thinking this forum might be under polaris controll.

XPirate

Sep 9, 2011
Bakertucky
The new color combo looks sick!!!!!! i also liked how the MB racing teams maverick looked for the Baja 500..... Sweet looking car, haven't driven one yet, but I hear they handle well

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
Under Polaris Control... lol As I write a Can-Am PR for their race team.. hahahaha Polaris vehicles get their share of love around here, thats for sure, but its not because they control us. Rather, they like to work closer to UTVUG and utilize us and our services more than the other OEM's at this point. With that said we always are having discussions with the other OEM's and offer them the exact same opportunities to utilize UTVUG. Polaris just happens to take us up on more ideas then the other guys today. However, John Deere has been extremly proud of the work we are doing with them and Can-Am is always dabbling with us in regards to photography, editorial and hopefully soon video work. So to say we are under Polaris control reminds me of when people used to say we are JUST a "racing site". The fact is, we just are the ONLY forum that seems to give a sh*& about the racers, and there happens to be a ton of racing going on from week to week so as we try to give everyone love there is naturally going to be a lot of Race COVERAGE. BUT, when you actually surf our archives or our homepage you see there is a TON of content and information surrounding MUCH MUCH more than just racing and that goes for Polaris content. While we have a TON of awesome Polaris related stuff, it should come as no surprise when you consider the popularity of the machine amongst extreme entusiasts, racers. Pile on that they as an OEM look to UTVUG as a preferred outside media resource to work with and it seems that we have more Polaris then anything else. But saying we are controlled or favor couldn't be further from the reality which is that we offer every OEM the same opportunity to work with us and that we feature ALL cool content from all makes, models, and riding styles.

SORRY FOR THE RANT... lol BUT, you hit a chord with me... I am sure you were just kidding Mike but its best for me to clear that up as I am sure some may think thats really the case.

Actually, I am not sure what happened, I was asked to sign an NDA for info on Thursday but I was on the road to Baja so I couldn't sign it. They released the info today and none of it reached my inbox which tells me the info they were releasing to us early is exactly what you see on their website. Usually the OEM's don't have us sign an NDA the day they release information, they give us some time. I dont look at other forums regularly anymore due to my schedule and I didn't see one post on facebook, twitter or instagram about it.

EDIT:
As I typed this, I recieved an email from Can-Am apologizing for the mistake in not getting us the information. Seems to have been a mailing mishap as they asked for an address in the NDA in which they mailed out a hard drive....

I will have all info up shortly!

blacksheep10

Jan 12, 2013
Is it the same power steering that was on the commander x in 13? I worked on a customers' new commander and ripping around his lake the steering wheel felt incredibly heavy for the first 1" of steering wheel movement, almost like forced resistance on an arcade racing game. After that I felt like I could push the machine sideways with the tire with very little wheel input. Kind of weird, but for those minute corrections needed at high speed when you're at top speed and dancing a bit, it seemed too heavy. Either way, the 4 that ride with us are pretty impressive, the new colors look good and power steering can't hurt. One of the Mav guys in our group on 30" mongrels gets his ass handed to him regularly by the wheel.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000