Testing the 2013 Arctic Cat Wildcat X

waytay

Get Outta MY Waytay - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
At a glance those things look like a large honda pilot............I heard they performed really well !!!!

az_amsoil

Amsoil Arizona - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 22, 2009
My only question is how do you fade from Lamb of God into some fuggin' rap/Enigma tune to start the video...FAIL!!! :D

Looks cool :cool:

sand shark

Mar 30, 2009
West Hills, CA
Nice Video!

I test drove the X this weekend in glamis along with the 4 seat wildcat. The X is a huge improvement over the regular wildcat. The new clutch makes it respond really well and it actually feels like a 1000cc motor.

The X had no problem at 60 MPH plus in the whoops. In the dunes it is a blast to drive. The suspension is the best stock suspension of any SXS. It soaks up anything you can throw at it.

The biggest improvement is the motor and clutch. You now hit the go pedal and there is some go. It gets up to to speed pretty quick.

Awesome machine and it will be a contender.

RHINOdan

RHINOdonkey
Oct 11, 2009
Nice Video!

I test drove the X this weekend in glamis along with the 4 seat wildcat. The X is a huge improvement over the regular wildcat. The new clutch makes it respond really well and it actually feels like a 1000cc motor.

The X had no problem at 60 MPH plus in the whoops. In the dunes it is a blast to drive. The suspension is the best stock suspension of any SXS. It soaks up anything you can throw at it.

The biggest improvement is the motor and clutch. You now hit the go pedal and there is some go. It gets up to to speed pretty quick.

Awesome machine and it will be a contender.
Outta curiosity, what was is your opinion on the wildcat X 4 seater?

sand shark

Mar 30, 2009
West Hills, CA
Outta curiosity, what was is your opinion on the wildcat X 4 seater?
When you first look at it all you see is a giant 4 seat bus. I think it is 13' long or pretty close to it. But once you start driving it you quickly get over that. And actually the looks of it start to grow on you.

The 4 seater is actually very fun to drive in the dunes. It is the smoothiest SXS you will every drive or be in in the whoops, chop or rough terrian. The artic cat person told me to pin it in the whoops from vendors row to Olds. It was absolutely insane how smooth it was. I picked the gnarliest line I could fine and it did not matter. It easily got up to 60 MPH. On the way back from about a 200 yards down the sand highway to old to vendors I had it pinned and got it up to around 65. It took the corner at speed very well planted. I passed a long travel sandrail. The look on the owners face was priceless.

In the dunes it was way more nimble than I expected. You quickly forget about the extra seats and length. The power stearing in very nice. The demo ride took us through some medium and small dunes with various transitions and it handled everything. This was not the slow paced demo ride I took through the dunes in the Maverick. The artic cat person leading us was moving at a very fast pace. I was the second car behind the lead and we lost the rest of the group and had to stop and wait for them.

I also rode as a passanger in the 4 seater in the back seat. I made my friend drive it after I drove it. We had four adults in it and it was still smooth through the whoops and dunes. With the extra weight in the back we did bottom out the shocks a few times. Nothing a few clicks on the adjustable shock should not take care of. It was comfortable in the back seat for my friend that is 6' and a little over 200lbs. By the way we were able to get it to 60MPH in the whoops will four us in it.

The four seater is not going to be the fastest SXS out there, but it moves very well. It will cruise through the dunes no problem and at a good pace. With the right paddle combo it will be even better in the dunes.

It is certainly another option over the XP900 four seater. No it will not be as fast as the XP900 four seater, but the suspension and overall handling makes up for that. Also the extra leg room for the passengers in the back is nice.

If you ride only in tight trails, I think it maybe to long and difficulty to get around. But for fireroad type trails, desert and dune riding it is a good machine.

It is certainly a machine I would consider. I like the fact the only thing you need to add is some harness and you are good to go.

sand shark

Mar 30, 2009
West Hills, CA
Glad I am not the only one that thought it was a whoop eating machine.

I told my friend with a new Maverick about it and he did not want to hear about it. I told him I think I could beat him down sand highway! That peak his interest. Then I told him I could beat him drinking coffee, flipping him off when I pass him while driving with my knee! Lol!

I think the wildcat 4 is going to surprise a lot of people.

I would strongly suggest going for a demo ride, if you can make it to Glamis.

Crazy to think we have all these great choices for a 4 seat SXS!

I can't wait until one of the desert race guys converts one to a two seat racer

Simi Dude

La Familia For Life !!
Feb 25, 2010
Simi Valley Ca.
Ok Noel, we all know that you are a AC rep just camouflaged in that Rhino to look like us common folk. Lol
So when you getting one??

RHINOdan

RHINOdonkey
Oct 11, 2009
When you first look at it all you see is a giant 4 seat bus. I think it is 13' long or pretty close to it. But once you start driving it you quickly get over that. And actually the looks of it start to grow on you.

The 4 seater is actually very fun to drive in the dunes. It is the smoothiest SXS you will every drive or be in in the whoops, chop or rough terrian. The artic cat person told me to pin it in the whoops from vendors row to Olds. It was absolutely insane how smooth it was. I picked the gnarliest line I could fine and it did not matter. It easily got up to 60 MPH. On the way back from about a 200 yards down the sand highway to old to vendors I had it pinned and got it up to around 65. It took the corner at speed very well planted. I passed a long travel sandrail. The look on the owners face was priceless.

In the dunes it was way more nimble than I expected. You quickly forget about the extra seats and length. The power stearing in very nice. The demo ride took us through some medium and small dunes with various transitions and it handled everything. This was not the slow paced demo ride I took through the dunes in the Maverick. The artic cat person leading us was moving at a very fast pace. I was the second car behind the lead and we lost the rest of the group and had to stop and wait for them.

I also rode as a passanger in the 4 seater in the back seat. I made my friend drive it after I drove it. We had four adults in it and it was still smooth through the whoops and dunes. With the extra weight in the back we did bottom out the shocks a few times. Nothing a few clicks on the adjustable shock should not take care of. It was comfortable in the back seat for my friend that is 6' and a little over 200lbs. By the way we were able to get it to 60MPH in the whoops will four us in it.

The four seater is not going to be the fastest SXS out there, but it moves very well. It will cruise through the dunes no problem and at a good pace. With the right paddle combo it will be even better in the dunes.

It is certainly another option over the XP900 four seater. No it will not be as fast as the XP900 four seater, but the suspension and overall handling makes up for that. Also the extra leg room for the passengers in the back is nice.

If you ride only in tight trails, I think it maybe to long and difficulty to get around. But for fireroad type trails, desert and dune riding it is a good machine.

It is certainly a machine I would consider. I like the fact the only thing you need to add is some harness and you are good to go.
Thanks Noel. I know you are always an honest man with your comments and also not working nor sponsored by the manufacture! :p LOL

I guess Ill need to drive the wildcat 4 for myself now cus I just cannot get over how long that bad boy is!

And with this new 4 seater stupid law, a manufactured 4 seater is the route I gotta go. And I know daymn well I aint going with a XP 4 nor a kawi 4!

Spicoli

Feb 26, 2011
So Cal
Dan why not go with xp4 or kawi 4? They are two completely diff machines. The xp4 is a great performance machine but lacks interior comforts for sure. The kawi is the complete opposite

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

RHINOdan

RHINOdonkey
Oct 11, 2009
Dan why not go with xp4 or kawi 4? They are two completely diff machines. The xp4 is a great performance machine but lacks interior comforts for sure. The kawi is the complete opposite

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
Jonathan, the reasons behind not wanting to go with a XP4 is the two piece frame is a lil sketchy and scares the crap outta me! Also the minimal leg room in the rear as well as a few cases of units catching on fire, steer me away from it.

And as for the kawi, with only equipped with a 750 FI engine and no long travel kit? If kawi were to add more in both those departments, I would probably be sold on a kawi 4.

Dont get me wrong, both manufactures are proven and make great units. Thats just my honest take on both.

And also, I am not completely sold on the Wildcat 4 either. Just looking at the selection being offered by the different competitive manufactures.

I got a 4 month old and now need to get a "legal" 4 seater for the fam. And now with the helmet law coming into effect towards the middle of the year, I probably wont take my son on a ride with a helmet on, in a UTV, til he is about 2 years old, which is when I plan to make a purchase AND cant wait to see whats available by then since the manufactures keep pushing out better and more improved units each year to suit and fit our expectations! :)

crazywatson

#13 - UTVUnderground Approved
Jul 30, 2009
Redwood City
Becuase he is RHINOdan! He wont buy a rzr for the same reason I wont buy a Chevy. We have talked so much crap about them are friends would never let us here the end of it! Lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

RHINOdan

RHINOdonkey
Oct 11, 2009
Becuase he is RHINOdan! He wont buy a rzr for the same reason I wont buy a Chevy. We have talked so much crap about them are friends would never let us here the end of it! Lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
LMAO! Hi crazy Steve! Hows is going? How is your buddy Blue / scorrs-racing doing? You miss the 4 1 1? :rolleyes: Haha

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000