Test Drive - 360 Camera View Jib

poison

Jan 8, 2015
Please leave your thoughts and comments. All is appreciated. The arm is still in the progress of tweaking for specific places and situations of use.

[ame="http://youtu.be/91kU2X9hxH8"]http://youtu.be/91kU2X9hxH8[/ame]

megadesertdiesel

Jan 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ
While the camera view is awesome the continous rotating is very annoying and does not make for a good video in my opinion. I think a fixed position and maybe a couple of different positions during a 3 minute video would be plenty.

poison

Jan 8, 2015
Thank you for your comments. We are still looking for more ideas and opinions on if there is a place on the market for this arm. There will be multiple uses of this arm (on vehicle and off vehicle) and control from the inside of the cab to lock the positions of the camera view. We would very much appreciate if you can share this video and leave a comment on YouTube so that we are able to receive as many opinions as possible. We will also need a little more time for testing due to weather conditions, thank you for your understanding.

Thanks again.

Dec 8, 2014
The camera view is awesome indeed, but yes, maybe more wide fixed positions and a few of the 360 view here and there. Great setup though!

poison

Jan 8, 2015
something is telling me, that you didn't build a snowman yat- :cool:
looking at your avatar pic:D

BlackDog

Jan 21, 2013
San Diego
Awesome! I actually like the shots the swinging provides sometimes but agree that a way to lock it into a position would be ideal. If you could get it to do both that would be sweet.

poison

Jan 8, 2015
Please leave your thoughts and comments. All is appreciated. The arm is still in the progress of tweaking for specific places and situations of use.

[ame]http://youtu.be/91kU2X9hxH8[/ame]

poison

Jan 8, 2015
I made a few improvements on the vehicle, what goes by suspension, dual springs, needle conversion...way better as expected. Takes away a lot of camera shakes, which I am very pleased with. I also cut the front plastic side skirts which decrease a lot of dust coming from front wheels (and I like the look better anyway). Because of this procedure, I decided to cut vents/hoovers in the hood/front wheel well. Released the air pressure around the radiator. I also relocated the 2 small LED lights from in front the radiator to the current location as you can see on the picture. All of that left me in temperatures 195 steady in the racing mode. I also cut the windshield vents with a small piece of plexiglass behind the vent, 1/4 from front windshield which creates wind flowing agains the windshield on the inside. No fogging in the wet conditions and very little dust in the cab. I also create mud, snow and dust deflector on the clutch intake and air intake vent, which I am very pleased with. It doesn't create any lack of air for clutch and air intake. No overheating issues for both. (I am running prefilters on both UNI with a little oil). I relocate the rear tire from behind the bumper to above the middle engine compartment. Better feel for the rear suspension on fast trails. The video is coming. I will show the 360 jib and places of use.

Please leave your thoughts and comments. Appreciate it.

If you like the trailer, please pass it around.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000