Teryx4 v.s. RZR's Review & Video

ItsAllCreated

Jan 12, 2012
Arkansas
Its kind of an Apples to Oranges comparison (cause RZR's & Teryx's are two different machines with different philosophy of uses in mind) ...but here how I felt the T4 held up against the more sporty RZR's

I Meet up with a good bunch of people at a RZR meet near my home town this weekend. About my 1st thought when I went out on the trails with them was ("man these RZR guys like to drive fast"). I drove my T4 alot harder than I imagined I would be before the weekend (I had too to keep up) but I tell you there wasnt a single RZR owner who wasnt impressed by what they saw (and I was quite happy myself)

A couple fellas asked to ride along so they could get a feel for how it rode. We did a medium fast / rocky mountain climb & both guys commented that the T4 "almost" road as smooth as there XP did. Im sure the faster you go, the bigger the difference in ride would become, but still that's a nice complement coming from guys who ride machines with 6" more suspension travel than the T4 has.

Later a group of us took a long night ride (68 miles round trip) out into the woods. There was about 5_XP's, 3_RZR-S's, & 1_RZR4. If you didnt keep the gas mashed to the floor you weren't coming along cause nobody was waiting! Bawls & titts to the walls nearly the whole trip! I had XP's in front & behind... the T4 hung with'em the whole time! Not only that; a few ppl in the group had a tough time keeping up with the beastly T4! Everyone in the group was surprised. A couple XP owners didnt expect me to be able to keep up at all, and a few other XP owners could NOT BELIEVE how well the Teryx4 was smashing through the trails! I hit every corner & every jump just as hard as anyone else and none could shake me off! One guy who was behind me (he races sprint cars) pulled up beside me at one point and said "OMG Dude! I gotta shake your hand man! I can't believe that thing! That thing flyyyyysss! I can barley keep up with you!!". We stopped again later and another XP owner flat out said "Wow I can't believe that thing... I CAN'T keep up with you man! That thing hauls ass!". The RZR4 owner asks "what'd you do to that thing man!!?!??" ...several times I told him it was stock and he never did believe me. His exhaust & intake RZR4 was neck & neck with my stock T4 in acceleration (both with two passengers).

I've been into some form of racing since I was a little guy so thats a big factor in my driving, but still... when half the group is giving it all they've got to stop themselves from getting left behind... that says something about the power and handling that this big beast can lay down

Again though... two different machines for different things, but it goes to show theres a healthy bit of overlap in their capabilities:)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldfTVroUbjY"]2012 Razorback Rally St. Patricks Day / Night Ride - YouTube[/ame]

Reactions: 1 person

ROTAX

CannedHam - La Familia
Feb 21, 2011
Wow. Sounds like Kawi found a great way through clutching to move 1600 lbs with only a 750 twin.

ItsAllCreated

Jan 12, 2012
Arkansas
actually I think clutching is probably the biggest part of it.

The motor differences are bigger cams, different heads, & equal length headers (I believe Kawi says its 15-20% more HP), but the CVT clutch is also bigger too.

From what VFJ says... the size of the T4 clutch gives it as much gearing in stock form as his modded Stage3 Brute/Teryx2 Clutches give

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000