Kawasaki Teryx4 RockCrawler build...

woodysfj40

perpetual noobie
Sep 21, 2010
Wisconsin
www.rockcrawler.com
Another 60 miles on today...ice covered trails with 1-2" of light snow on top...entertaining, to say the least :)

50mph rev limiter still sucks...tapped a bunch of times today...if not for that, the RZR-S in our group had no chance :)

Lots of twisty woods trails, no room to pass, no optional shoots to get by...I followed a 2010 'relatively' stock RZR-S today running non-2.0 Bighorns. He spent the entire day in 4WD. I spend 95% of my day 0n 2WD, and 90% of that about to bump him :) The Teryx4 REALLY handles nicely, very predictable. I only 'lost' it once all day, and that was on a glare stretch of road between trail sections. Traction was great, the added wheelbase made handling in the slick stuff much more predictable. Power is so smoooooth that it made controlling on the trails much easier...transition from throttle to off-throttle to "engine braking" was simple and was a definite factor in keeping up with the RZR-S. We spent much of the time in the 25-35 range...very smooth to drive.

Hopefully the GoPro on the dash turned out...haven't checked yet...

woodysfj40

perpetual noobie
Sep 21, 2010
Wisconsin
www.rockcrawler.com
And, despite how well the Maxxis Bighorn 2.0 tires performed, it was also time for a tire/wheel change this evening...

27.5 Pitbull Growlers on 14x7 STI wheels...

Sadly, I won't get any immediately time on them since I'm headed to RacerTech tomorrow morning to drop the Teryx4 off for a few days of development time...hopefully Tony and the boys don't burn the tires down while it's there!

Rear tire comparison:

Rear suspension:

Front suspension:

Before:

After...love it :)

woodysfj40

perpetual noobie
Sep 21, 2010
Wisconsin
www.rockcrawler.com

onerich

The Carpenter - UTVUnderground's La familia
Jan 29, 2011
Elmonte, SOCAL
Winch installed...Badlands 5000 on a MotoAlliance plate...fitment required removal of the front sway bar and the pretty plate...both of which were coming off regardless :)

TIGHT fit, but this is as big a winch as anyone would consider on this machine....5k should be plenty...ha

And yes, the bolts are tight now...won't likely get it wired immediately, but at least I know it fits :)
Hey woody how has the winch been holding up , any pro or cons ?

woodysfj40

perpetual noobie
Sep 21, 2010
Wisconsin
www.rockcrawler.com
Hey woody how has the winch been holding up , any pro or cons ?
it's worked perfectly...used it a number of times in Moab and zero complaints.

I did ditch the wire rope and install MasterPull synthetic winch line...FAR nicer product...combined with an extension rope for longer pulls, it's make winching chores a lot friendlier.

(looks like I need to update my build too...pending tomorrow)

onerich

The Carpenter - UTVUnderground's La familia
Jan 29, 2011
Elmonte, SOCAL
it's worked perfectly...used it a number of times in Moab and zero complaints.

I did ditch the wire rope and install MasterPull synthetic winch line...FAR nicer product...combined with an extension rope for longer pulls, it's make winching chores a lot friendlier.

(looks like I need to update my build too...pending tomorrow)
I wanted to ask about it when you had installed it but I thought that might had been to soon . Moab and zero complaints says a lot . Thanks for the quick. reply

Desertcat

Jun 1, 2012
Arizona
Great looking build so far Woody. I look forward to watching these builds as my family and I are interested in upgrading to a OEM 4 seater.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000