Kawasaki Teryx4 RockCrawler build...

woodysfj40

perpetual noobie
Sep 21, 2010
Wisconsin
www.rockcrawler.com
next up on the Teryx4 fanboy list...haha

Brought mine home today, it arrived at Team Winnebagoland in Oshkosh WI over a week ago, but despite the lack of snow they've been swamped with sled sales...at least business is good...

Have at least one day run planned in the next week, but a few first impressions:

1> Stickers...being a RZR owner as well, and someone who hates warning labels, I remember hours with a heat gun and burnt fingertips...Kawasaki turned that process into a few easy minutes with stickers that pick off easily, don't leave a nasty residue and aren't covering 60% of the interior and exterior...that freed up my entire afternoon...ha

2> Seating...at 6'3 and 200#, the RZR space with stock seats sucked, and was slightly worse with the PRP's installed...at least the PRP's kept me in place and were comfortable. The Teryx4 seating position rocks...and the seats are VERY nice, almost spongy soft. Love the two-tone back as well. Even at 6'3, I could sit in the rear seat, just gota keep an eye on the knees...but there IS room...headroom in the back looks to be about 8"+...plenty for a helmet should the hard-top go on

3> Service...pop the hood and the air filter is RIGHT THERE....6 spring clips and easy to see...same with the fuse block...RIGHT THERE with marked fuses AND a 30A spare...so so so easy.

4> Other...the top of the dash comes off eaily with 6 pushpins and 7 screws, and is flexible enough to not require pulling anything else apart. Easy access to wire in aftermarket lights, GPS, access the 3 stock relays, etc.

I've got a set of 14x7 STI HD2's on order and will be mounting a set of 27.5 Pitbull Growlers on those. Winch plate coming to mount a 5000# Badlands winch.

Working today on a GPS location and wiring, plus some GoPro positions as well...

Next week it's off to RacerTech in Holland MI for suspension and more :D

2012 Kawasaki Teryx4 RockCrawler build | RockCrawler.com Forum for all the images, including some suspension detail shots...

mtoma

Apr 30, 2010
Jackson, CA
Looks like a cool build, luv me some rock crawling builds...........subscribed.

What are you running for a GPS and how do you like it?

Looks like we're going to a have a few T4 builds going on.............

woodysfj40

perpetual noobie
Sep 21, 2010
Wisconsin
www.rockcrawler.com
Garmin Nuvi 500...not fancy, but also not expensive...does a good job with tracking and it's dust/water resistant...I switch it between a few rigs, and have left it in the elements for thousands of miles with no hiccups.

DO have to replace the wiring occasionally, but that's my own fault for living in Wisconsin...haha

Just started messin with GoPro positions (GPS is mounted...less than 4 hours old and I've drilled 3 holes...ha!) and the plastics ahead of the door appear to be too 'floppy' for a solid GoPro mount...have a few cage clamps, but prefer the stick-on jobs...hmmm...decisions decisions...

SXSPerformance.com

Official UTVUnderground Sponsor
Nov 10, 2011
Ontario, CA
I can't wait to see all the different T4s in Moab this year. It's gonna be really cool to see how they all turn out. Not two of them are going to be the same!!!

woodysfj40

perpetual noobie
Sep 21, 2010
Wisconsin
www.rockcrawler.com
Winch installed...Badlands 5000 on a MotoAlliance plate...fitment required removal of the front sway bar and the pretty plate...both of which were coming off regardless :)

TIGHT fit, but this is as big a winch as anyone would consider on this machine....5k should be plenty...ha

And yes, the bolts are tight now...won't likely get it wired immediately, but at least I know it fits :)

woodysfj40

perpetual noobie
Sep 21, 2010
Wisconsin
www.rockcrawler.com
There is plastic...the 'rocker' area has some sheet metal...and the outer rails are VERY nice tubing...

The plastic appears 'as good' as what was on my RZR...which survived about 3 months before it started shredding...lol

Welcome to Fiberskinz.com

These 'appear' to be the ticket...I'd love a set to replace the center UHMW on my RZR, and would love a set for the Teryx4 as well...believe they have something for the RZR, need to research more (too many projects...ha)

UHMW has overall survived on my RZR (from Holz), but the support structure under the RZR leaves a lot of gaps, and the material is well...mmm...manipulated :) from rock crawling...the Fiber Skinz should be a better material...less give, less memory, equal slipability (technical term...)

From their website, they desperately need someone that can take product and install photos :)

Baxter

Sep 24, 2011
OHIO
Moving our Rhino down the road to buy one of these.I'd like to get it and do some cuting on it before spring.Not real kicked on the width before any suspension mods.Seams a bit wide for where I live if you plan to get any travel out of it I'll be in a full size axle track.I just like the fact that my kids butts will be in front of the rear tire.My boy is getting a bit to big to be that far back in KEN.and TENN.in our 4 seat Rhino.:DNice ride!

s2k1

Feb 27, 2009
Ramona, CA
www.benchmarkperformance.us
There is plastic...the 'rocker' area has some sheet metal...and the outer rails are VERY nice tubing...

The plastic appears 'as good' as what was on my RZR...which survived about 3 months before it started shredding...lol

Welcome to Fiberskinz.com

These 'appear' to be the ticket...I'd love a set to replace the center UHMW on my RZR, and would love a set for the Teryx4 as well...believe they have something for the RZR, need to research more (too many projects...ha)

UHMW has overall survived on my RZR (from Holz), but the support structure under the RZR leaves a lot of gaps, and the material is well...mmm...manipulated :) from rock crawling...the Fiber Skinz should be a better material...less give, less memory, equal slipability (technical term...)

From their website, they desperately need someone that can take product and install photos :)
Woody, we had Marty from Fiber Skinz at our shop this week crawling all over the Teryx 4, AND the new Wildcat. These two vehicles are already on their project list. Let's hoe they can get them knocked out!

Tony@Racer Tech

May 26, 2010
Holland, Mi
Looking good Woody, I can't wait ot get it in here and see what we can do with the suspension and some other goodies for you. I'm kind of excited to see something different than a RZR or Commander. It will be fun! See you Tuesday.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000