Teryx Vegas to Reno progress pics

Team Green

Reid Nordin - UTVUnderground Approved
Jun 30, 2009
Riverside, CA
www.WalkerEvansEnt.com
Re: new airbox, rear bed coming along

Here are the latest pics. The custom intake is done and the rear deck is coming along nicely
Nice looking work!

If I were you I would ditch the hard cooling lines that run between the cylinders. You'd be better off with 2010 parts but be aware that racing vibration will cause those hard lines to crack at the mount or where the are mated together. At the very least reweld every seam and joint.

Also I would mount the shift tower to the engine so it is isolated from the frame and will move with the engine and not come out of adjustment.

rupert14

Raber Racing - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 14, 2010

Nice looking work!

If I were you I would ditch the hard cooling lines that run between the cylinders. You'd be better off with 2010 parts but be aware that racing vibration will cause those hard lines to crack at the mount or where the are mated together. At the very least reweld every seam and joint.

Also I would mount the shift tower to the engine so it is isolated from the frame and will move with the engine and not come out of adjustment.

Do the 2010 parts solve this problem and I better with them or cutting the hard lines and using a rubber line of some sort? Just tell me the best fix, I dont' want this to take me out of the race.

Team Green

Jun 30, 2009
Riverside, CA
www.WalkerEvansEnt.com
2010 parts are good but since you are running diifferent lines to your radiator you can modify some of your cooling parts. I would still reweld any stock fittings even if you cut them down. I wish I had some pictures to show you but I don't. Always better to overkill in a big race like this.

rupert14

Jan 14, 2010
Could I fabricate some steel fittings and run rubber lines? If it is not too complicated, I could make some on autocad and tig them together. I really want to get this problem solved.

rupert14

Jan 14, 2010
more pics. The aluminum will all be done tomorrow. The car goes to wiring friday and returns monday, then to the dyno.

Attachments

rupert14

Jan 14, 2010
more pics. that shround should keep the radiator and oil cooler flowing a ton of air.

Attachments

tatum

Hans Solo - 2009 UTV Baja 500 & 1000 Winner - UTVU
Feb 10, 2009
arizona
Has to be one of the nicest lookin interiors I have seen.Awesome work.

rupert14

Jan 14, 2010

Nice looking work!

Is this black hose the problematic one?

Attachments

Mike L

Kawasaki Kult Grand Wizard - We HATE Dem Bears
Feb 11, 2009
Riverside, CA
www.lashermotorsports.com

Is this black hose the problematic one?
Yes, the black steel tube that connects the rear cylinder to the thermostat is the one that we have had issues with. The tab that holds the 8mm bolt will sheer at the tube where it is spot welded. We welded AN fittings on the motor to solve the problem...

rupert14

Jan 14, 2010
Well, since the motor is already assembled and we need to head out for testing, I don't think it is a good idea to weld to the motor. Did you guys do it when it was taken apart? If I don't weld the AN fittings now, do you think it is a good idea to cut the solid line, connect it with a rubber line, and tig the bracket onto the tube stronger?

I am really bummed that we are not out testing now but we hope to get out next week. I don't want to show up with a virgin car.

Team Green

Jun 30, 2009
Riverside, CA
www.WalkerEvansEnt.com
Yes, welding on the fittings before it is assembled is the only real good way to do it. You can weld onto the thermo housing however if you wanted to. That would stop that from being an issue.

Don't cut your testing short, do everything you can to get in some quality break in time. At the KOH event, Crowley and I broke in the car real well but we still had one of those fitting problems. After testing make sure there is time to tear down and inspect everything you can.

Best of luck!

rupert14

Jan 14, 2010
Well, we had to pull out of the race today. The aluminum took 6 days longer than contracted and the electrical guy is behind by a day also. We all have the week off to do testing and shock valving but there is no time for that now and we don't want to take a car directly from the shop to the dezert. Best of luck guys!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000