Kawasaki Teryx Motor availability?

ChaseThisToo

My Other Car is a Class1 - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
So Cal
How hard are Teryx motors to find?

I'm looking at a teryx with a busted up motor. I could rebuild it but might be better off starting new. Aparently the trans blew putting a hole in the case.

Any help will do. Thanks guys.

450grl

The First Lady of SXS - UTVUnderground Approved
Mar 15, 2009
To be honest, you don't see many of those for sale....no reason to swap them out, really, since the V-twins put out good power for a UTV. Most people just fix theirs if they go....new cases, etc..

You might try posting on some Teryx specific forums and see what they come up with?

waytay

Get Outta MY Waytay - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
keep checking TF or teryxhq their was one recently on TF

facteryfmf

Looking For a Few Good Men - UTVUnderground Approv
Feb 8, 2009
Phoenix
teryx forums has a whole teryx for sale minus the motor bc it exploded for 5500. motors are near impossible to find still...

PPF

Fast and Frozen - UTVUnderground Approved
Just fix it, save alot of money if you can do it yourself and you will have alot better motor with some different gears, i think you will have about $600 tied up in new gears and a new shift fork and another $600 on cases if I remember right, cant buy jus one case half. We put the v-force gears in our turbo teryx, they have been workin out great so far. The last 2 motors we have done with this problem I have TIG welded the cases. Most guys most likey wont recommend welding them, but It can be done. Here is a before and after pic... its not pretty but its stronger than stock, dosent leak, and saved me $600 on new cases.. hope this helps

Attachments

jlbierig450r

Mar 26, 2010
Oklahoma
I currently have the same problem with one. Thought if it wasn't in a critical place I would weld my cases as well.

PPF how do you like the VForce gearing. What style of riding do you do?

v8jeep86

Aug 20, 2010
How hard are Teryx motors to find?

I'm looking at a teryx with a busted up motor. I could rebuild it but might be better off starting new. Aparently the trans blew putting a hole in the case.

Any help will do. Thanks guys.

available from kawasaki in performance manual page 70 $3500

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000