Kawasaki Teryx LT Compendium

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com

So since the other thread started by Dez-Racer regarding Teryx LT Suspension kits kind of got off track I have decided to move a couple of the key posts over here and start a fresh thread dedicated to this subject and based around the specs and facts of the kits.

I think this is a good opportunity for ALL companies manufacturing Long Travel Suspensions to come onto the Underground and tell us a little about their kit. Feel free to include a link to their site and any pictures are more than welcome!!!

I think in these discussions we should begin to start talking about details and not just general observations or opinions. so we will start here with BYC or if anyone else wants to throw in how their kit is deisgnd and what makes it the best?

Some things to put in:

Arm Construction: Boxed - Tube - is it Chromoly or?

Components: Uniball Both Upper Lower - Ball Joints Upper Lower - Uniball/Ball Joint combo

Shock Towers: Front and Back - Just Front - Just Back - None

Width: +3 - +5 - +6

Length: +2 Forward - +2 Back - Both - None

Shocks: ANY - Fox - Walkers - King - Elka - Other

Suspension Travel: Front________ - Rear________

Include details you feel are important such as if the shocks provided are pre valved for the kit, if the kit carries a warranty, manufacturer of reccomended axles/cv's, and anything else you feel important for a consumer to know.

Did I leave anything out? Copy and paste the above listing and highlight your answers. This info is what matters who runs what doesnt mean anything IMO, its the old Ford vs. Chevy argument and I think Chevy Sucks! LOL

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
COGNITO Teryx Kit

COGNITO

Joey the cognito kit is not quite ready for release yet. Justin is planning a day with fox to go out and get the shocks dialed in before its ready to hit the market....We ran the sheeet out of it @ dumont T day and it works great but it needs a little valving yet....There will also be a shock tower model available using the new Fox position sensitive shocks:D hopefully it was alright for me to let the cat out of the bag

Some specs on the Cognito kit

Arm Construction: Boxed - Tube - Boxed load arm/ tube non load arm

Components: Uniball Upper and lower

Shock Towers: Optional with Fox Position sensitive shocks

Width: +5

Length: +0 Forward - +1 Back

Shocks: - Fox - Standard/rc-2/position sensitive

Susepension Travel: Front___16"_____ - Rear___16"_____ dont quote me on travel
from the other thread..........

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
Re: COGNITO Teryx Kit

LONG TRAVEL INDUSTRIES

Long Travel Industries

Arm Construction: Engineered in Solidworks CnC lasered Boxed Chromoly ....Lighter than most tube arm kits on the market

Components: FK 7/8" teflon coated spherical bearings Both Upper Lower with heat treated 17-4 S.S tapered pins

Shock Towers: None

Length: 1.78" Of total wheel base added

Shocks: Standard with king 2.0 but will work with walker, fox and most other 2" coilovers

Susepension Travel: Front 14" - Rear 14"

LSRGreg

#877 SR1 UTV - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 26, 2009

Here are the details on our kits:

MTS +3 Kit details:
Arm Construction: Tube, certified aircraft 4130 tube, CNC laser cut 4130 tabs and gussets, TIG welded

Components: Ball Joints Upper Lower

Width: +3

Shocks: uses stock length, Tuned Foxes and Elkas recommeneded and normally sold with kit

Suspension Travel: Front__11.5______ - Rear___12.5_____

Kit comes with lifetime warranty on a-arms and axle shafts, easy adjust caster, and powdercoated finishes, complete with instructions and all hardware needed for installation.

XTR +5 Kit details:
Arm Construction: Tube, certified aircraft 4130 tube, CNC laser cut 4130 tabs and gussets, TIG welded

Shocks: uses long travel shocks, Tuned Foxes and Elkas recommeneded and normally sold with kit

Suspension Travel: Front__14.8______ - Rear___16.25_____

Kit comes with lifetime warranty on a-arms and axle shafts, easy adjust caster, and powdercoated finishes, complete with instructions and all hardware needed for installation.

XTR-F +5 Kit details:

Shock Towers: Front and Rear (rear clears 12 gal fuel cell, front requires cutting of hood)

Shocks: uses tuned Fox position sensitive shocks with dual rate springs (8.5" travel front, 10" travel rear)

Suspension Travel: Front__15.5______ - Rear___15.5_____

Kit comes with lifetime warranty on a-arms and axle shafts, easy adjust caster, and powdercoated finishes, complete with instructions and all hardware needed for installation. The XTR-F kit is meant for racing and has ideal shock geometery for serious use and abuse with extra resistance to bottoming out with the position sensitive shocks. It is also compatable with Gear One centerboard hub kit with the use of limit straps on rear end.

Kit is also upgradable from XTR to XTR-F with purchase of shock towers and shocks.

All of our kits are designed 100% in CAD, along with the welding fixtures to ensure perfect geometery and quality, and have been for many years. Then each kit is tested and tuned with the shocks for a variety of terrian. Most kits have shocks that are dialed for Dunes, Desert, MX Racing, etc, so be sure to specify upon ordering.

Thanks!

www.lsracing.com

Last edited:

MAGNUM OFFROAD

Official UTVUnderground Sponsor & Founder
MAGNUM OFFROAD

Kawasaki Teryx +6 Suspension System

Arm Construction: 4130 Chromoly Tube Construction

Components: Upper FK Rod End For Camber Adjustment / Lower FK Teflon Lined Spherical Bearing

Width: +6 Length: +0

Shocks: Fox Racing 2.0 Shocks w/ Remote Reservoir (Adjusters Also Available)

Suspension Travel: Front 16" - Rear 15"

Kit comes complete with everything needed for installation including Summers Brothers 4340 extended axles and 4130 tie rod extensions. The system also features a Limited Lifetime Warranty that covers any defects in materials or craftsmanship.

Feel free to contact us with any questions!

lawnmowerepair man

WIGGLER - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 24, 2009
MAGNUM OFFROAD

Kawasaki Teryx +6 Suspension System

Arm Construction: 4130 Chromoly Tube Construction

Components: Upper FK Rod End For Camber Adjustment / Lower FK Teflon Lined Spherical Bearing

Width: +6 Length: +0

Shocks: Fox Racing 2.0 Shocks w/ Remote Reservoir (Adjusters Also Available)

Suspension Travel: Front 16" - Rear 15"

Kit comes complete with everything needed for installation including Summers Brothers 4340 extended axles and 4130 tie rod extensions. The system also features a Limited Lifetime Warranty that covers any defects in materials or craftsmanship.

Feel free to contact us with any questions!
I LIKE GREEN!!!!:D:D:D

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
yeah ... but the shocks are mounted to the upper a-arms on most kits. I woudl not like to run inner hiems on the a-arm that the shock mounts to.

The teryx has rear toe stock .......
The cognito rhino kit has all heim pick up points....With the added cost its not doing real well....Most guys aren't looking to pay for those kinds of options.

The cognito Teryx kit is toed in about 1/2 degree on each side.

DASARACING

You can never have enough
Nov 22, 2009
Santee
WWW.DASARACING.COM
I am not a big fan of rod ended heims ...... i think it has about 1 inch or total toe stock? I will have a new kit on my 2010 that will have adjustable camber and adjustable toe WITHOUT heims. I had his kit on my rhino and it was pretty SIK. Just seeing what other options are out there before i pull the trigger.

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
Re: COGNITO Teryx Kit

COGNITO

from the other thread..........
I stand corrected on the travel...some more info

Travel front and rear is 14".

Material is all mild steel, and has no problem taking the abuse, so i steered clear of the chromoly.

Price with summers bros 300M rear shafts and 4340 front shafts, and

FOX piggyback non adjustable shocks is $3940.00

FOX piggyback RC2 adjustable shocks is $4540.00

FOX piggyback position sensitive shock with front and rear shock towers $not yet

Rusty5150

UTVUG PHOTOG
Jan 9, 2009
Toe in on the rear is not a bad thing. Most independent rear suspensions are designed this way. The toe in helps with cornering and tracking straight. Negative camber is also not a bad thing. The camber can be set at -3degrees so when rail a corner the tire corrcts to 0 degrees putting the full contact patch on the ground. Mafia sets up their Rhino arms like this.

DASARACING

Nov 22, 2009
Santee
WWW.DASARACING.COM
Toe in on the rear is not a bad thing. Most independent rear suspensions are designed this way. The toe in helps with cornering and tracking straight.
I am notsaying it is bad ..... what i am saying is WHO has tested it both ways? or with less toe? or maybe more toe? I am pretty sure most people building kits have not tested this. So it woudl be cool to hear from someone that did test it or someone that makes and adjustable kit. Thats all i am saying .....BEST YOU KNOW IS THE BEST YOU HAVE BEEN IN.

Rusty5150

UTVUG PHOTOG
Jan 9, 2009
Chad Mittag did some testing with and without. There is alot of suspension geometry books that discuss this. I will look for some more info on this tomorrow.

DASARACING

Nov 22, 2009
Santee
WWW.DASARACING.COM
Chad Mittag did some testing with and without.
Who is that and what kit for the teryx does he build?

There is alot of suspension geometry books that discuss this. I will look for some more info on this tomorrow.
i am sure there are opinions for everything, but i like to test them and see what i find to work. If you just follow what everyone else has you will be doing just that .......

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000