All UTV's Tensor Race Tire

Glamisfan

Oct 26, 2009
imperial valley
So how is the new Tensor race tire holding up? Someone told me that it is a soft compound tire so you won't get a lot of mileage out of it. Wondering if that's true, how long will they last for a play car? Are they prone to punctures since they are so light?

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
So how is the new Tensor race tire holding up? Someone told me that it is a soft compound tire so you won't get a lot of mileage out of it. Wondering if that's true, how long will they last for a play car? Are they prone to punctures since they are so light?
I think they are sick! They seem to be doing well in race conditions. I have been around a lot of testing and racing with them. I have them on my play car. The compound is softer, its designed for maximum traction in competition. The tires are only good for about 2000 miles of hard riding.

Rynomx785

Jun 21, 2015
Wickenburg, AZ
If they last for 2000 miles of hard riding they can't be that soft. That's about how long my R-specs are lasting and a lot of my miles are mellow with my family in the car.

Ratoutahell

Sep 21, 2014
Western Colorado
I saw several cars running them with flats at the MINT. But in their defense I think I saw every brand with cut sidewalls. There were a lot of flats!

george.felix

George
Jan 11, 2015
Houston, Texas
I don't run them anymore but I still recommend them if you prefer large contact area in a DOT tire although I have not run the new tire. I think newbies will find the car easier to drive..No better no worse in regards to flats imo. That was the old style I'm referring to.

Glamisfan

Oct 26, 2009
imperial valley
I had the old style and they got flats the same as Mongrels. I did not like the square profile though. I'm putting on 10 ply mongrels in the rear of my xpt. Hopefully that does the trick for a while. But the light weight of the Tensor race tire has me intrigued!

george.felix

George
Jan 11, 2015
Houston, Texas
I had the old style and they got flats the same as Mongrels. I did not like the square profile though. I'm putting on 10 ply mongrels in the rear of my xpt. Hopefully that does the trick for a while. But the light weight of the Tensor race tire has me intrigued!
How much does it weigh and what size?

NIKAL

May 13, 2012
Also curious on the weight. It just comes in a 32/10r15 right?
The new Tensor Race tire is marked as a 32 but once mounted its taller then 32, which IMO is brilliant. Per BITD the tire can't be any taller then 32 as Marked/Stamped on the tire. It does not matter what the diameter or rolls out measurement is. Per Score you can run up to a 33 inch maximum diameter tire at 18 lbs of air pressure.

So the Tensor race tire gets the max size in both series. A year a ago I was trying to convince another tire brand to do the same thing, so the same tire could be used in the UTV class, but also be enticing for some of the limited buggy classes like 1600, 5/16, 9 and the prerun /play buggy market that run 33 inch tires. They did not see my vision obviously! LOL!

BTW if anyone is getting 2K miles from a race tire, it for one is not soft! Two I would like to see it as that would be very impressive. I would expect to see some serious chunking.

Reactions: Rynomx785

Glamisfan

Oct 26, 2009
imperial valley
My local dealer has them in stock, and when you put it next to a 32 inch ITP, it looks like it's 2 inches taller! And when I pick it up, it feels like it's only around 30 pounds! I have no idea what the true weight is but it's for sure going to be in the low 30s. It also looks skinnier than any other tire. Which I know is one way that they were able to keep the weight down. That's also going to be less stress on the entire drive line. The only time I've broken axles was with the square profile tensor tires. These little cars don't need 10 inch wide tires. I think it would be really neat to see the tensor race tire mounted up on a 15x4" wheel Volkswagen style!

george.felix

George
Jan 11, 2015
Houston, Texas
The new Tensor Race tire is marked as a 32 but once mounted its taller then 32, which IMO is brilliant. Per BITD the tire can't be any taller then 32 as Marked/Stamped on the tire. It does not matter what the diameter or rolls out measurement is. Per Score you can run up to a 33 inch maximum diameter tire at 18 lbs of air pressure.

So the Tensor race tire gets the max size in both series. A year a ago I was trying to convince another tire brand to do the same thing, so the same tire could be used in the UTV class, but also be enticing for some of the limited buggy classes like 1600, 5/16, 9 and the prerun /play buggy market that run 33 inch tires. They did not see my vision obviously! LOL!

BTW if anyone is getting 2K miles from a race tire, it for one is not soft! Two I would like to see it as that would be very impressive. I would expect to see some serious chunking.
If the brand is the one I'm thinking they didn't miss the boat they missed the entire UTV ocean.

Rynomx785

Jun 21, 2015
Wickenburg, AZ
My local dealer has them in stock, and when you put it next to a 32 inch ITP, it looks like it's 2 inches taller! And when I pick it up, it feels like it's only around 30 pounds! I have no idea what the true weight is but it's for sure going to be in the low 30s. It also looks skinnier than any other tire. Which I know is one way that they were able to keep the weight down. That's also going to be less stress on the entire drive line. The only time I've broken axles was with the square profile tensor tires. These little cars don't need 10 inch wide tires. I think it would be really neat to see the tensor race tire mounted up on a 15x4" wheel Volkswagen style!
Did you compare it to ITP with both tires not on wheels? The ITPs get a lot bigger when they are mounted as well and I know at 20 PSI they are also over the 32" mark.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000