Supercross.com Cognito HellraiserXP1K desert build

COGNITO

Cognito Motorsports - Official UTVUnderground Spon
Apr 30, 2009
If you don't already, get over to Facebook and Instagram and follow SUPERCROSS.COM as well as check out their website at Supercross.com - Action Sports Entertainment

Not only are they a leader in supercross news, they are racers in the trick truck class in the desert and also short course, now getting into UTV desert racing!

Cognito has started the tear down on a used 2014 Polaris RZR 4 XP1000 from the SUPERCROSS.COM stable, to build another HellRaiserXP1K

facteryfmf

Looking For a Few Good Men - UTVUnderground Approv
Feb 8, 2009
Phoenix
We're gonna sell all our secrets ??

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

XPirate

Sep 9, 2011
Bakertucky
BADA$$, another rocket ship for the desert!!! It's awesome to see you guys building all these cars for people now...

COGNITO

Apr 30, 2009
The new portion of the chassis has been built as shown in the first picture, the stock chassis was stripped of unwanted tubing and prepped for the marriage which is happening in the second picture. This build is going to move fast from here on out!

badassmav

Jun 11, 2013
Jamul
Sub'd Jim, thanks for sharing. Hey, what arms are you putting on the new build, and what "race proven" arms w/extended width and length do you guys offer for sale to the public, and how do they tip the scales? One more question.
What problems, if any, have you had with drive train components on the 1000, and are the components (minus axles) all factory OEM?
Thanks.

I'm hungry. I think I'll eat my dinner off of your shop floor, you lucky bastard!:D!

PickupTrucker

Dec 20, 2013
Duvall, Washington
from those last 3 pictures you posted, I just now realized how much of the stock chassis does not get used, and as a result, how much custom work you guys actually do for one of these. crazy stuff, right on!

rappy60guy

Jan 24, 2010
These are insane over the top builds. I think this is actually number 4 Hellraiser coming out of the production

COGNITO

Apr 30, 2009
Sub'd Jim, thanks for sharing. Hey, what arms are you putting on the new build, and what "race proven" arms w/extended width and length do you guys offer for sale to the public, and how do they tip the scales? One more question.
What problems, if any, have you had with drive train components on the 1000, and are the components (minus axles) all factory OEM?
Thanks.

I'm hungry. I think I'll eat my dinner off of your shop floor, you lucky bastard!:D!
It's not luck, I worked hard to build this business since 2001, along with great employees and a never give up attitude, we were able to build this shop last year, maybe someday the bank will let me own it!

This build will be getting our plus 4" wider per side long travel kit with fox internal bypass shocks. It is going to be bad to the bone, the crew over at supercross.com turned cognito loose on building a #hellraiserxp1k. I will post up some comparison weights when I get time. I do not extend the wheel base, the stock geometry works great as far as wheelbase goes. We are using the same suspension parts that the enthusiast would use on their dune, desert, or trail rig.

Drivetrain is good on the rzr xp1000, we have to maintain the components and prep accordingly of course. We use stock cv joints. We have had our issues of course just like everyone else.

COGNITO

Apr 30, 2009
any RZR XP1000 owners ever break off the sway bar bracket that is welded onto the frame?

The first picture shows the bracket that breaks off, the second picture shows the gusset that we make to prevent the bracket from breaking off. If the stock bracket is already broken off, we also make a new bracket to replace the OEM bracket. We havent had one break off since we have been welding in this gusset.

COGNITO

Apr 30, 2009
Here is the latest updates on the Supercross.com build

frame is welded out, floors and tunnel are going in, rear firewall going in, Mastercraft seats mounted!

Feb 26, 2014
Bakersfield
any RZR XP1000 owners ever break off the sway bar bracket that is welded onto the frame?

The first picture shows the bracket that breaks off, the second picture shows the gusset that we make to prevent the bracket from breaking off. If the stock bracket is already broken off, we also make a new bracket to replace the OEM bracket. We havent had one break off since we have been welding in this gusset.

Yes, I had mine sheer completely off.

Attachments

COGNITO

Apr 30, 2009
Yes, I had mine sheer completely off.
we fix them all the time, unfortunately the fix we have requires welding, we have not perfected a bolt on upgrade for that. Once gusseted with our brackets, have not seen any more issues.

COGNITO

Apr 30, 2009
Just about done with fabrication on this SuperCross.com build!
Just finishing up some small details, then it moves over to the garage for wiring, plumbing, and assembly.

COGNITO

Apr 30, 2009
wiring, plumbing, and assembly done

time for systems test, and maybe a little test drive tomorrow.

More pictures to come tomorrow!

COGNITO

Apr 30, 2009
testing went great, the car is awesome!! Needs a SUPERCROSS.COM wrap and then it will be ready to race the Henderson 250 next weekend which is presented by SUPERCROSS.COM

Here are some pictures of the finished car before graphics

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000