Sturdy A-Arms that won't break the bank?

motorsportfun2013

Jul 4, 2013
I was wondering if you all had any suggestions on which brands of A-Arms that you use, that aren't professionally priced?

Or is there a particular make/model ATV that you like to use them from?

Mar 27, 2012
Breaking the bank is all relative, breaking an a-arm and being stranded is another story. I went with Cognito arms and couldn't be happier. We are in the middle of our desert racing season and have hit some huge holes with no damage or bending. Their upper a-arm comes with two tabs to weld on which strengthens the front end considerably.

motorsportfun2013

Jul 4, 2013
I agree with you about it all being relative, but when I see A-Arms being sold for a thousand dollars are more, I don't get that... I priced 4130 Chromoly and it goes for about 4.53 per foot, at least locally for me. Add some bearings and a ball joint and it still doesn't add up...

Slacker

La Familia
Apr 1, 2012
Bakersfield
You might look up Bent Motorsports. I truthfully don't know what the cost is but I know a set of his A arms were absolutely brutalized at the AVE 300 and still look like new. Angie and Garrett raced without regard to the A arms well being and they held up very well.

I figure on products like this they're not selling millions of them. You're going to see the R&D and equipment costs more so on lower volume items than on things that sell in big volume. Bringing a product to market is risky and expensive, especially for the little guys, those expenses must be recouped and the risk must have a benefit.

XPirate

Sep 9, 2011
Bakertucky
I can attest to what slacker said... Bents a arms were abused by an overweight driver (me) and a lightweight driver (angie) and took the punishment. Anyone can price chromolly tube, most people can make a puddle, some can design, and then there are the people that can put the whole package together. When you have a well built/ designed piece you usually will have to pay for it...:rolleyes:

COGNITO

Cognito Motorsports - Official UTVUnderground Spon
Apr 30, 2009
I was wondering if you all had any suggestions on which brands of A-Arms that you use, that aren't professionally priced?

Or is there a particular make/model ATV that you like to use them from?
For what car? RZR XP 900?

pivot tubes
pivot bushings
crush sleeves
4 uni ball cups
4 retaining clips
4 uni balls
4 hardened spindle pin assemblies
tubing and plate to connect the 2 ends
brakeline retaining hardware
cut, bend, notch, fit
weld
powder coat

2 years of worcs and bitd testing on 6 different cars to proof a design
add it all up and $900 is cheap!!
get em while they are still only $900....COGNITO....

desertwheeler

Extra Crispy
Oct 25, 2011
Barstow
For what car? RZR XP 900?

pivot tubes
pivot bushings
crush sleeves
4 uni ball cups
4 retaining clips
4 uni balls
4 hardened spindle pin assemblies
tubing and plate to connect the 2 ends
brakeline retaining hardware
cut, bend, notch, fit
weld
powder coat

2 years of worcs and bitd testing on 6 different cars to proof a design
add it all up and $900 is cheap!!
get em while they are still only $900....COGNITO....
When I bend/ break mine that's what I'm gonna get, those arms look beast! I like the plate ones better than tube.

sanduras

Jan 14, 2013
I have almost a 1000 race miles on my holz a arms, other then some scratches they are flawless.money well spent.

COGNITO

Apr 30, 2009
When I bend/ break mine that's what I'm gonna get, those arms look beast! I like the plate ones better than tube.

here is a picture. we use boxed load arms(upper), and tubular carrier arms.

NIKAL

May 13, 2012
here is a picture. we use boxed load arms(upper), and tubular carrier arms.

Very nice! Question in regards to the upper arm. Do you tab the chassis for the duel bushing pivot points, and are those part of the kit? I don't know why it isn't that way from the factory to begin with.

COGNITO

Apr 30, 2009
Very nice! Question in regards to the upper arm. Do you tab the chassis for the duel bushing pivot points? I don't know why it isn't that way from the factory to begin with.
yes the 4 tabs are in the hardware bag, they weld on and are easy to fixture in place using the crush sleeves.

ALWX65

Feb 3, 2009
NE USA
Makes sense BiggJim but then why not do both? Don't get me wrong Im not criticizing anyone's product, just asking.

ALW

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000