Still want to debate the HELMET LAW????

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
This is such a ridiculous statement! The property belongs to us. Government "for the people, BY THE PEOPLE"!! Public land does not belong to the government, it belongs to the public...which is you and I.
I like to think that way too. Unfortunately the military, Govt and many others don't share that same state of mind as you and I. It sucks but Rockitman has a point.

Makin' Trax

Got Shocks? - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 27, 2009
From a Safety standpoint, I believe wearing a helmet is a valid safety item. Mind you the law doesn't affect me because I have always worn a helmet. That was and is my choice for what ever my reasons and have never challenged anyone for not. I have to say the arguements against wearing a helmet, besides the choice issue, are not valid. Especially from a sight and hearing standpoint. Sight impairment is more from the goggles than the helmet and you probably have a better chance of hearing something with a helmet on at speed than with the wind blowing in your ears at 60+.

I personally have always bought top quality helmets for racing and pleasure in cars, buggys, Bikes or UTV's because how much is your head worth????????

dkiewicz

Space Cadet - UTVUnderground's La Familia
Nov 28, 2009
Hesperia Ca
This is such a ridiculous statement! The property belongs to us. Government "for the people, BY THE PEOPLE"!! Public land does not belong to the government, it belongs to the public...which is you and I.

Yep agree 100%!!! That's why I ride 4mi of easements from my house to the Mojave at Deep Creek. The easements are City owned and I as a citizen have part ownership in said land through my taxes which purchase and maintain it. Well at least that's what I'm using, lots of luck getting it by a Judge when I get caught... HaHaHa!!!:rolleyes:

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
Have you considered that maybe the law was passed because people made the CHOICE to NOT wear a HELMET, crashed, got hurt/killed and now it is in fact not just affecting that individual but now ALL of us because of it???? Your actions don't always just affect you, sure you may die and be removed from the fallout but then many after you very well could be held accountable for your personal CHOICE. We are not wearing helmets because of nothing. I am sure at one point it wasn't a law to not drink and drive, I know at one time seat-belts weren't required. Shit changes because shit happens.
Its all because people dont know how to take responsibility for their own actions, Then the get some scumbag laywer to Sue fo a hunnded an fitty thousand!! Then the "industry" pays off their scumbag polititions to write a new law....Yea...I think that pretty much sums it up

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
From a Safety standpoint, I believe wearing a helmet is a valid safety item. Mind you the law doesn't affect me because I have always worn a helmet. That was and is my choice for what ever my reasons and have never challenged anyone for not. I have to say the arguements against wearing a helmet, besides the choice issue, are not valid. Especially from a sight and hearing standpoint. Sight impairment is more from the goggles than the helmet and you probably have a better chance of hearing something with a helmet on at speed than with the wind blowing in your ears at 60+.

I personally have always bought top quality helmets for racing and pleasure in cars, buggys, Bikes or UTV's because how much is your head worth????????
Well maybe you have majical helmets....Because I cant see or hear shit with one on....and my helmet doesnt use goggles;)

dkiewicz

Nov 28, 2009
Hesperia Ca
Well maybe you have majical helmets....Because I cant see or hear shit with one on....and my helmet doesnt use goggles;)
You wouldn't need to "hear" my shit Jim, you'd "smell" it coming... JK... I couldn't resist.

I do agree though, when I have been in my RZR W/O a helmet, you hear all kinds of things. I like riding with it on because it dampens impending doom!!! It's like a noise in your street car, just turn up the stereo and the noise is gone so no problem!!!

I would worry way to freakin much if I heard all of the noises this thing makes!! Riding would suck!!!:D

Pokahpolice

Sep 4, 2011
Standish, Maine
You wouldn't need to "hear" my shit Jim, you'd "smell" it coming... JK... I couldn't resist.

I do agree though, when I have been in my RZR W/O a helmet, you hear all kinds of things. I like riding with it on because it dampens impending doom!!! It's like a noise in your street car, just turn up the stereo and the noise is gone so no problem!!!

I would worry way to freakin much if I heard all of the noises this thing makes!! Riding would suck!!!:D
Funny you say that. I don't wear a helmet (and never will no matter how many busted skulls Joey throws at me :D) but I wear earplugs because I think you can hear better when you drown out the noise.

dkiewicz

Nov 28, 2009
Hesperia Ca
Funny you say that. I don't wear a helmet (and never will no matter how many busted skulls Joey throws at me :D) but I wear earplugs because I think you can hear better when you drown out the noise.
I imagine prolonged riding w/o plugs would make one partially deaf!!! I was just amazed at how much you don't hear with a helmet on.

I'm the type that prefers not to know until it happens. Too many things race through my head when I know. It's like it must be on the last lap of the Daytona or Indianapolis 500. You start hearing all kinds of potential problems!!!

I'd have a freakin heart attack... Oh no!!! not that!!! not now!!!! HaHaHa!!!

Pokahpolice

Sep 4, 2011
Standish, Maine
Since I have many of your attention... please click the image and read up and support he hard work that people like UTVUnderground.com's own Jeff Knoll are putting in to save Johnson Valley!
It doesn't effect me so I'm going to support the government. Same thing as 'I wear a helmet already so the law doesn't effect me so I'll support it.

yeah, yeah....you agree with choice

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
thanks Bruce!! and FWIW, I know I said it before, but when AB1595 (or whatever it is) hit the public I too fought against it like everyone else. Wrote emails, made calls, etc... I did help fight it. Not just for the sake of helmets but because of the feet on the floorboards, passenger grab handles, and aftermarket seat locations as well. I was against all of it.

Pokahpolice

Sep 4, 2011
Standish, Maine
I know...I was just bustin your balls. This was all over the RF when it first hit and I signed a couple of petitions. I'm sure you did a hell of a lot more than I did to fight it.

Makin' Trax

Got Shocks? - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 27, 2009
It doesn't effect me so I'm going to support the government. Same thing as 'I wear a helmet already so the law doesn't effect me so I'll support it.

yeah, yeah....you agree with choice
Here we go again.......I never said I support the law, I said it doesn't affect me because i already wear a helmet by choice. My statements are based upon safety, not law as Joey asked and originally posted the thread to be. Quite frankly I don't give a eff if you guys chose to wear one or not, law or no law. Life is about choices, chose follow the rules or don't, chose to be safer or don't. Anyway you look at it you have a choice. That is your right!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000