STETLER's R1 Rhino by 151 Fabrication

StrRacerX

Mar 12, 2010
san diego, ca
I I've been doing some research and Most of the guys on the R1 forums (even race bikes) are running the YAMAHA Stock Clutch over the aftermarket ones.
doesnt the weight of the rhino affect the clutch. i would figure it weights 3 times as much as a r1 and the heavy duty clutch is needed to prevent slipping. i dont own a r1 rhino, just going off what i read from before

StrRacerX

Mar 12, 2010
san diego, ca
i do believe that the stock clutchs work better then most aftermarkets. i run the fz1 clutches on my banshee, no slipping and instant grab :)

cek

Yakima my Yakima - UTVUnderground Approved
Jul 12, 2009
Yakima, WA
What is the reason you guys run the motor in the same position as it was in the bike instead or running it sideways and fabbing a driveline. Like a dwarf car or Legends Car?

roostingrhino

Roost That Rhino - UTVUnderground Approved
Jun 21, 2009
so everything looks good inside my clutch... what would cuase the clutch to be engaged even when the slave is un bolted from the arm???
it appears like i have gotten a few disc slightly warm @ one point....

Last edited:

controled force

1004CC Turbo Tax - UTVUnderground Approved
Apr 8, 2009
Sac.Ca
What is the reason you guys run the motor in the same position as it was in the bike instead or running it sideways and fabbing a driveline. Like a dwarf car or Legends Car?
Cause we run a reverse diff,so the chain an sprockets have to be in line.

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
To run th motor sideways you will make your 2 seat rhino a 1 seater:eek:

STETLER

R1-Custom - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 24, 2009
Orange, CA
Cause we run a reverse diff,so the chain an sprockets have to be in line.
correct. The small Legend cars usually run Toyota Solid rear end with either a leaf spring or a coil rear end.

Just as CF stated, we need the sprocket inline with the rear Reverse box. So the chain lines up and now we have Reverse

controled force

Apr 8, 2009
Sac.Ca
To run th motor sideways you will make your 2 seat rhino a 1 seater:eek:
Not true,,,,,,Street to Sand has there's in sideways,and has both seats,, it looks like a clean swap,here's a vid.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1e8cIvsmG4"]YouTube - ‪Yamaha Rhino with R1 motor‬‎[/ame]

BiggJim

Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield

controled force

Apr 8, 2009
Sac.Ca
I was just up there today,I should have took some pics,I've seen that diff ur talkin bout,but I like the way we mount the motors in better.

BiggJim

Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
I was just up there today,I should have took some pics,I've seen that diff ur talkin bout,but I like the way we mount the motors in better.
For sure.....Thats the reason I went the way I did....at one time we were looking to keep it friendly to the guys that dont want to widen there chassis and such

controled force

Apr 8, 2009
Sac.Ca
Thanks Brotha!! we need some pics of milts turbo:eek: come on dude i know you have a camera load of em!!!....You gonna make the SSSS? I think I am gonna hang onto the rest of my pics till then:D
Hahhahahah,I might head down there,as for the pics,,,,,I'm doin the same thing you are:D:D:D:D:D

STETLER

Jan 24, 2009
Orange, CA
Stay away from TRANSWORKS....There junk. Always breaking. I did a lot of research on them before the Jeffco. TOTAL JUNK

STETLER

Jan 24, 2009
Orange, CA
Nice car how long did it take to build and how does it ride?
Almost 2 years to build . Mainly due to other issues (work and Family) that had to put this build on the back burner many times.

As far as ride: It hauls ASS. Very impressed with the power it has VS the weight of the car. The suspension (bypass') still needto be dialed in by a pro. Gonna have tht done at the beginning of next season.
Very, Very happy with the final build.

Here's a link to the full build. STETLER's R1 RHINO BUILD - Yamaha Rhino Forum - Rhino Forums.net

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000