Steering wheel quick disconnect hub

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
What brand steering wheel quick connects are you guys using? I have a gear-one and I am having problems with sand getting in it and galling the 2 pieces together. Also....I am not looking for the bolt on style.

Thanks

BlackRhinoPerformance

BRP Site Sponsor - UTVUnderground Approved
Waytay was just here and picked one up for his Teryx. We did something a little different with his. His Fiance has a hard time reaching the wheel when she's all strapped in, so we set him up with an extra 1" spacer. He's going to get his car back together this weekend and hopefully get a chance to let her slip behind the wheel and give us a little feedback. If it works I think we'll pick up a few more as an 'option' for our quick releases. Hopefully he can also give some feedback on the quickrelease itself.

I think ours are great, but that's just me...

Reactions: 1 person

AZCourt

AZ's Finest - UTVUnderground Approved
Feb 11, 2009
I use a $35 one that I bought from Racer Offroad before they closed. I have to take it apart and clean it all the time. The last time I cleaned it i spun it on the lathe and used a scotch brite pad to knock the gauling down. I'd guess something that is HARD anodized would last much longer.

07fj

Rainman - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 19, 2009
Tonopah, Az
What brand steering wheel quick connects are you guys using? I have a gear-one and I am having problems with sand getting in it and galling the 2 pieces together. Also....I am not looking for the bolt on style.

Thanks
is this 3-5-or 6 bolt???

dansperformanceparts.com has these.

BiggJim

Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
is this 3-5-or 6 bolt???

dansperformanceparts.com has these.
The steering wheel has a 3 bolt pattern. Most 3 bolt patterns are on a 1.5" circle. My momo is one a 1.75 circle......(actually its probably metric but very close to 1-3/4) I have my doubts that the 6 bolt pattern adapter I am getting is going to be right.

waytay

Get Outta MY Waytay - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
I just spoke with BRP....evidently I have a bastard bolt pattern. I am gonna give ORW a call right quick and see if there adapter has the right pattern:mad:
well steering wheel and owner are alike huh??:D

07fj

Jan 19, 2009
Tonopah, Az
The steering wheel has a 3 bolt pattern. Most 3 bolt patterns are on a 1.5" circle. My momo is one a 1.75 circle......(actually its probably metric but very close to 1-3/4) I have my doubts that the 6 bolt pattern adapter I am getting is going to be right.
I believe there are three hole ones that have both smaller and larger 3 bolt pattern in the same adaptor. you are correct, there are two diff three bolt patterns out there.

Steering wheels- Page 3

call Dan, great guy. 760-751-0718 and ask about this.

Rog

BiggJim

Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
I believe there are three hole ones that have both smaller and larger 3 bolt pattern in the same adaptor. you are correct, there are two diff three bolt patterns out there.

Steering wheels- Page 3

call Dan, great guy. 760-751-0718 and ask about this.

Rog

Rog they dont have the right pattern......neither does anyone I called today. ORW gave me the dimentions I wanted to hear but I'd bet a days pay its the wrong one.

BiggJim

Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
Jim who did you talk to at ORW. Talk to Dave,he is a pretty bright guy. He is at the Escondido store and is known as RHinoKing here on UTVUG.
I dont know who I spoke to....But the momo pattern is cose to 2.5 bolt circle...I layed that out in autocad and between ever other bolt is about a 2.165 straight across. Si the adaptor they are sending me most likely will not work

07fj

Jan 19, 2009
Tonopah, Az
Does anyone know if the Grant/GT pattern is going to work with any one of these? Just want to make sure I buy the right one. Its 3 bolt I beleive, wanna make sure its the right 3 bolt.
the grant will fit the three hole one from Dans, I have used those before.

Rog

BlackRhinoPerformance

BRP Site Sponsor - UTVUnderground Approved
I just checked out Dan's. There are several places he mentions "Universal 3 bolt pattern.", but I can't find any reference to a 2nd 3 hole pattern. I see different shaft sizes.

Just looked again, there is an adapter, 14-840103, that looks like it has 2 3 bolt patterns. Might be worth calling to check on it.

BiggJim

Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
I just checked out Dan's. There are several places he mentions "Universal 3 bolt pattern.", but I can't find any reference to a 2nd 3 hole pattern. I see different shaft sizes.

Just looked again, there is an adapter, 14-840103, that looks like it has 2 3 bolt patterns. Might be worth calling to check on it.
Ya...I called him. He told me both 3 bolt patterns are the same:cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000