sr1 wiring question

megadesertdiesel

Jan 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ
check the service manual. if you do not have on i believe i have a color copy of one i will sell for $20. i live in S/W Mesa if you are interested.

cfyca

Jun 7, 2011
I'm guessing Ben would like to know why you are even reading the volts at the coils. Unless you got it all hooked up, then checked the voltage before even trying to turn it over or start it.

There is a ton of R1 knowledge and experience on here, but you need to spill the beans about what is going to get any help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tim07

Aug 3, 2009
Chandler ,az
Sorry, im not much of a poster. Basically the motor turns over, and i have fuel to the plugs, but it does'nt start. I twevle volts to the computer, twelve volts to the fuel pump, but only 6 volts to the tip over sensor and 6 volts to the coils.
I have been all over the r1 forums looking for a similar porblem, but i have had no luck.
Weller modified the harness, they want me to bring the harness back to them, but i'd rather fix it in the car so i dont have to cut the harness out of the car.
Looking at a the wiring diagram, i think has something to do with the stock push button starter, neutral switch, and the kickstand switch.

07fj

Rainman - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 19, 2009
Tonopah, Az
the kickstand switch has to be bypassed, we had one do this already or you have to find nuetral to start just like the bike would without pulling in the clutch. but you prob do not have a micro switch on your clutch now??

it prob won't affect the 6 volts though

tim07

Aug 3, 2009
Chandler ,az
Weller deleted all of that. At the starter relay I have a red wire with a white marker, and a red wire a green marker that is just cut, and not connected to any thing

Wild Earp

50Fifty Racer - UTVUnderground Approved
What year motor? I have most of the manuals.

If it was a stock harness, I could tell you what to do, (been down this road a few times) but I'm not sure how Weller modifies their harness, what they delete, what they keep...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000