SR1, whos bulding one?

AZCourt

AZ's Finest - UTVUnderground Approved
Feb 11, 2009
I was planning to run a Powecommander just to make the Afr correct. I don't think there's much power to be had with just the powercommander, and not the timing module. Just making it run safe.

Are you guys running the stock air box to keep from needing a programmer?
You'd have to run some kind of a EFI tuner unless your carburated. Then obviosly you could just re jet.

450grl

The First Lady of SXS - UTVUnderground Approved
Mar 15, 2009
Change the weight rule and that will be a lot closer to the truth, until then there could still be a pretty big advantage to you over me.

Think its not true, then why did everyone kick thier co-drivers out Sunday????:confused:

And trust me, if it was easy for a guy like me to drop 150 LBS i would have done it already.
Actually, we have been discussing that as well, and I think we are going to change it to 1400lbs with driver. The majority of cars that are being turned into SR1s are about that weight, so it just makes sense. We aren't out to try to give anyone an advantage over anyone else.....just trying to figure out the best way to do things - this is why we wanted to get things going well before the 2010 season starts.....so we can test out the rules we are suggesting, and tweak them if it's best for the goal we are trying to reach with this class.

As for the CDI stuff....we are all currently running stock boxes....and everyone but me has the stock intake/air filter. We are definitely going to be doing some research on those....and...like I said, we may change it to allow them - especially if it will make things easier to tech.

Beyond those changes, we aren't looking at changing much else, unless we discover over the next couple of months that anything else needs to be tweaked. It's a learning process - and a fun one, at that! :)

junior quisquis

I AM NOT BLUE - YOU LIFT-YOU LOSE! - UTVUndergroun
Hey corry, Thanks for answering my question. I'm sorry that I didn't understand it as fast as some people (joey) just kiding.

I just ask a lot of questions because I have gone through this before when I was part of drivers meetings in the early days with Chad M,Todd A,Funco,mafia ind, Procaft,and a few others.

It sounds good that there will be this SR1 class with rules that limit performance. I wouldn't mind showing a few of these top guys that they are only running away because of their motors and not because of skill. Just kidding guys dont get mad.

I know that this will turn into a class in other race series where you can have any 1000cc motor and that time will come.

But for now it seems like this is where its at. I will keep up with the times as long as I can afford it. and change when I can.

And like I said thanks Corry for pushing to get this going. I hope to be sidexside with all you out there.

Cheek

Texas Crazy Horse - UTVUnderground Approved
Mar 25, 2009
Buffalo,Tx
im using Weller's kit and they have changed it to work for a RZR. im putting a Hayabusa in it. just waiting on parts to start flowing in. but it will be nasty thats for sure.

BOBONTHIS

#64 PRO UTVUNDERGROUND RACER - UTVUnderground Appr
Jan 27, 2009
Mesa, AZ
Corry, let me know what way it's going with the programmers. I didn't realize they wernt going to allow them. I was planning to run a Powecommander just to make the Afr correct. I don't think there's much power to be had with just the powercommander, and not the timing module. Just making it run safe.

Are you guys running the stock air box to keep from needing a programmer?

Also, you can buy programmable ecus on eBay that will look just like stock, and you won't be able to tell..
Im sure they will have to allow the powercommander. It only gives extra needed fuel for the aftermarket exuast & air filter.

Wild Earp

50Fifty Racer - UTVUnderground Approved
IMO Powercommanders are a necessity. You can exempt any sort of programmer that messes with Timing, but not fuel. Even a non stock header will require a retune.

And also IMO, I think we need the 1400lb w/ driver rule. Thats the easiest way to do it, and the fairest.

Thanks again to the Wellers for spearheading this. Its going to be a fun racing/spectating experience for sure!

Rusty5150

UTVUG PHOTOG
Jan 9, 2009
Is there a ballpark guess on what the average SR1 swap costs? Would this be a good setup for a play car? How much are the parts removed from the Rhino worth?

450grl

Mar 15, 2009
After running different tire sizes, we might allow up to a 26" tire....actually, will most likely allow that. As for gearing, yes....you are limited on rear sprocket size due to clearance, but can run anything you choose up front. We have tried 14 and 13t fronts, and have some 12t on order to see what works best. Gearing will not be restricted by rules....

450grl

Mar 15, 2009
First through 3rd at Speedworld. I like the gearing right now because I don't have shift all the time...

450grl

Mar 15, 2009
my bad, your right it was max 26 tall, and max 10 wide. Your running the 25s right now right Corry?
I was running them till recently.....Jason burned all the tread off my 25" Big Horns, so I wanted to try the 26's since I had to buy all new ones anyway! :) I like them - they are awesome in the dunes.....I dropped a tooth on my front sprocket to compensate for the taller tires, however.....but I like it alot! :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000