SR1 class growing in AZ Shortcourse!!

450grl

The First Lady of SXS - UTVUnderground Approved
Mar 15, 2009
Just wanted to give a quick recap of our Arizona Lucas Oil Regional race held at Speedworld this past weekend!

First, night racing in AZ rocks in the summer!!! We had a great turnout of fans and racers at our first race back after a summer break!

Second - the SR1 class in AZ is growing and getting more competitive each round! We had TEN Sr1's come out to this race, and quite a few regular UTVs as well! This made for one of the most (if not THE most) exciting classes to watch all night!

Third - my new SR1 was done just in time for this race!! We sold my championship SR1 to Emilio, who has been super fast in it, and I have been without a ride for the past couple of races. Well, getting in this new car was AWESOME!!! It's a little lighter, a little more narrow and REALLY fun - although it's still taking me some time to get used to my new hand-clutch. Whenever things get hectic, I still revert to my foot for clutching....which doesn't work too well - lol!!

We had a great race.....Jason, Emilio and I battled it out for the entire race. I was able to get around Emilio, but made a couple of clutching errors and just wasn't able to make the pass around Jason, so I had to settle for second place overall. (I did get fastest time, which makes it all ok...haha) Emilio kept the pressure on me and finished in a close third, as well!

Lyn Grant came in 4th place - which is awesome!! I used to race quads with Lyn....he was one of those guys I never worried about racing close to, because he was always a clean, good racer. It's great to have him in the SR1 class, and great to see him doing so well!

Jeff and Brad battled it out mid-pack, which is always fun to watch! We had a newbie, Scott, racing for the very first time as well - he did a great job with his new power steering and being out on the track with other racers for the first time!

We had a ton of people come by and tell us how cool it was to watch the UTVs racing....and I can't wait to do it again!

We are coming to Elsinore for the next CA regional race after our LOORRS race in Vegas this coming weekend....can't wait to get back on that track!! Elsinore is fun and challenging, and it will be fun racing the CA peeps again!

When pics are posted, I'll link a few here!!

Thanks again to everyone who came out to race and support the SR1 class!! :)

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
Nice report, why did you guys go to the hand clutch corry?:confused: The ONLY advantage I can see is weight reduction.

450grl

The First Lady of SXS - UTVUnderground Approved
Mar 15, 2009
I guess it's just a more simple design...Jason did his that way, and wanted mine to be the same. Def takes some getting used to....:eek:

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
I guess it's just a more simple design...Jason did his that way, and wanted mine to be the same. Def takes some getting used to....:eek:
Boy I bet it does!! IDK if I could get used to that, it just seems way too un natural. You going to make it out to Off Road Expo this year?

MRPAT920

I'm drunk, always - UTVUnderground Approved
Mar 25, 2009
riverside so-cal
Boy I bet it does!! IDK if I could get used to that, it just seems way too un natural. You going to make it out to Off Road Expo this year?
i tryed to book a room yesterday they are non available i'll just sleep in the lobby this year lol

by the way thanks for the beers and i owe poflo a new cooler right??

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000