Yamaha spindles !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what spindles for rhino ??

• Total voters

badinfluencerace

The Future Of SXS Racing is being Built in my Driv
Jan 30, 2009
yuma
alright guys i need some new spindles and really like the DIRT brand but cant make myself spend 1100 for them so what do you guys think about the trinity brand ????????:confused:

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
I like the cognito spindles myself.....And I think he has a set ready to ship 499. with bearings and spindles:D

jakecarver91

Nov 11, 2009
alright guys i need some new spindles and really like the DIRT brand but cant make myself spend 1100 for them so what do you guys think about the trinity brand ????????:confused:
there are a set of dirts for 750 for sale on her or rhinoforums that i saw this morning... if not the fabtech ones is what i run and i have put them through hell and never had a problem

family wagon

White Knuckled - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 29, 2009
Riverside
Anything out there is better than stock and most will say there's is better...bla bla go for what's cheaper ! IMO I have the dirt spindles and they are great buddy has HCR which work good and my dad has trinty with no issues and my other boys runs cogs...they all are going to bend if hit just the right way JMHO

lawnmowerepair man

WIGGLER - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 24, 2009
I dont see a place to vote for teryx spindles O' wait you have to have
a teryx :D:D:D Im just sayin.:eek: Big Jim you got pics of the Cogs?
Hey Taber did find any more damage?

BiggJim

Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
Heres a picture of the cognito spindles. Ill see if I can drum up a better picture tomorrow:D

badinfluencerace

The Future Of SXS Racing is being Built in my Driv
Jan 30, 2009
yuma
I dont see a place to vote for teryx spindles O' wait you have to have
a teryx :D:D:D Im just sayin.:eek: Big Jim you got pics of the Cogs?
Hey Taber did find any more damage?
just the front skid plate , driver spindle , both rear fenders , dent in driver door panel and one light tab ... hey jim are those steering arms on the cognitos longer than stock ? they look like it in the pix :D

BiggJim

Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
just the front skid plate , driver spindle , both rear fenders , dent in driver door panel and one light tab ... hey jim are those steering arms on the cognitos longer than stock ? they look like it in the pix :D
Yes those ones are 1.75 longer. They correct the tie rod angle that the +2 forward kits create. He makes stock replacements also. The run he just finished for 20 sets were stock replacements. But can put together a set how ever you want pretty quickly.

07fj

Rainman - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 19, 2009
Tonopah, Az
I would have voted for Dirts, but you won't find them anytime soon, (new that is) so i voted for Cognitos. :)

the biggest advantage the dirts had were the tapered (timken style) roller bearings.

Zerofield

Pit Junky - UTVUnderground Approved
Dec 13, 2009
Arizona
I got the trinity spindles. Had a few minor problems with installing them. Got it fix and they work great!

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
I love my Cognito's! Justin is a great guy to work with and so far I have had zero issues with them. The Trinity's and Dirt's look awesome and the HCR's have always been a solid spindle as well.

You can order your Cognito's from Magnum Offroad at a great price.

TURBO

I Fly Rhino's For a Living - UTVUnderground Approv
Jan 16, 2009
Solvang CA...30MIN FROM PISMO
here just to remind every one
if you want bullet proof you need to spend more money and get all chromoly or billet aluminum
Not bashing, but HCR coulda saved everyone some time by replacing the spindle free of charge to begin with. With over 500 sets sold (so they say), you wouldn't think it would sting their wallet too bad. As a mfg myself, these things happen and you need to be willing to stand behind your product and keep your customers happy (especially at that price)!

The only thing I want to get to the bottom of is the quality of the spindles. Are they built to last, or just a way over priced replacement part???
We have also had 1 HCR spindle bend. The Rhino had a Gear One rack and our HD tierod set.
Originally Posted by ACI
We bought 3 sets of HCR spindles all within a week of each other and got 2 old styles and one new style. After one race at Lake elsinore we bent all 3 sets every single spindle...

Called HCR and was told that the best they could do was give me cost on new sets....? I would have thought they would have least fixed them.. Sounds like to me the design was not rigorously tested beofre they were sold....

We ended up just making our own chromoly gussets for all of the them and fixed them ourselves.

But every set or spindles we have bought after that have been made by Dirt Racing Products. Just becasue the way i was treated on the phone by the guy at HCR.... And you would think spending 2400 dollars with the guy he would help out a bit more...?

Over all we have had better luck with gusseting the stock spindles than HCR spindles

"""OUR HCR SPINDLES WILL NOT HOLD UP IF THE REST OF THE STEERING HAS BEEN MODIFIED WITH A H/D RACK AND TIE RODS!!""""
quote from Damon owner of HCR

HCR's have NOT been a solid spindle. SORRY JOEY ..Its my sore spot

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000