Spectating at the Hammers

Kevlar

dunechaser1 - UTVUnderground Approved
Mar 8, 2009
Visalia, Ca
www.dunechasers.com
We're thinking about finally going this year. Where are the best places to spectate at the race and can you freely ride around or are trails closed to non-racers?

Also, Means Dry Lake is huge but I've seen the aerial shots from last year and the RV camping looks tight to say the least. Do you have to get there a week before the race to find a spot? Probably cant show up until Wednesday before the UTV race.

JimandMelissa

UTVUndeground La Familia
Oct 4, 2010
Tons of room, riding and fun.
Plan your trip and hang with this crowd. Don't worry about where to watch. We'll have things scoped out by time you get there.
You'll have a blast.

Spicoli

Feb 26, 2011
So Cal
I went for the first time last year to the big boy race and it was a fun time. There are different spots to get a good view of the action. I wish I remember all the names but it will come back to me when i see it :) Also you can ride around from spot to spot which I didnt know...thankfully I went with someone that had been numerous times before so he showed me the best spots. It also depends on whether some of the obstacles they are going up or down. I would like to go again this year but want to camp with a bigger group.

TREE68

too tall for the rzr
Aug 15, 2011
so cal
were pulling in tues night after work. and staying until sat. were gonna pull in on boone road and hang a left at the lakebed. bringing a keg of pacifico. :D might bring a weather ballon with a strobe lite. no fireworks this trip. tons of rangers and sheriff this event. hope to meet some of you. find me for a ice cold beer:cool: just look for the tallest guy that does not fit in a stock utv (except teryx). LOL

Kevlar

dunechaser1 - UTVUnderground Approved
Mar 8, 2009
Visalia, Ca
www.dunechasers.com
were pulling in tues night after work. and staying until sat. were gonna pull in on boone road and hang a left at the lakebed. bringing a keg of pacifico. :D might bring a weather ballon with a strobe lite. no fireworks this trip. tons of rangers and sheriff this event. hope to meet some of you. find me for a ice cold beer:cool: just look for the tallest guy that does not fit in a stock utv (except teryx). LOL
Pacifico just happens to be my favorite!

JimandMelissa

UTVUndeground La Familia
Oct 4, 2010
I went for the first time last year to the big boy race and it was a fun time. There are different spots to get a good view of the action. I wish I remember all the names but it will come back to me when i see it :) Also you can ride around from spot to spot which I didnt know...thankfully I went with someone that had been numerous times before so he showed me the best spots. It also depends on whether some of the obstacles they are going up or down. I would like to go again this year but want to camp with a bigger group.
Welcome to hang with us. :cool:

JimandMelissa

UTVUndeground La Familia
Oct 4, 2010
We'll try and find ya. The balloon would help. :cool:

woodysfj40

perpetual noobie
Sep 21, 2010
Wisconsin
www.rockcrawler.com
In 2012, Chocolate Thunder and Backdoor were the two primary spectating areas. Lots of entertainment in each, and good views for spectators without the safety issues of previous years.

There are specific/assigned spectator areas for the races. The BLM requires it, and strictly enforces it. They threatened to shut down the race in 2012 due to safety concerns regarding spectators and media, even during the LCQ races.

No one wants to be "that guy"

JimandMelissa

UTVUndeground La Familia
Oct 4, 2010
We were at Elvis quite a bit. Smaller crowd, some good action and we even had a BBQ out there.

JimandMelissa

UTVUndeground La Familia
Oct 4, 2010
Havent been to elvis i dont think....the bbq out there would be sweet idea.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
One of our friends from Louisiana is shipping his XP out here to go with us this year. He built a custom rack for a Weber on the back.

If he hits the woops just right, it even flips the chicken...:cool:

TREE68

too tall for the rzr
Aug 15, 2011
so cal
Do they ever rent golf carts or utv in hammertown for getting around? Mine will be tied up the week of the event.

calstyl2

Hammer Rescue Pilot
Dec 22, 2011
Cherry Valley, CA
Elvis was a great spot last year as was the bottom of Spooners and Outer Limits.

I think Jack, Sledge and Wrecking ball will come into play this year.:cool::eek:

dkiewicz

Space Cadet - UTVUnderground's La Familia
Nov 28, 2009
Hesperia Ca
Elvis action. I think if you watch the whole thing, Jim, Mellisa, George and all the rest of the gang are in the video. This was almost comical as the Rhinos plugged the trail and the RZR's just drove through the middle of them!!!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JysnvCHhhd8"]King of the Hammers 2012 Elvis Cyn UTV Race - YouTube[/ame]

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000