Soboba GP

dnf736

Retired - And Still UTVUNderground Approved!!!!
Jan 15, 2009
Alpine, CA
My .02. A guy sitting in a cage racing a street bike powered UTV racing against other guys in cages I think is a little safer than a land rush start with 40 guys on dirt bikes but I understand your concern.

That said you could have two classes.
Pro, cash pay out, 800cc and less, must retain CV transmission and 4 wheel drive.

Open, over 800cc, R1 & turbo, racing for glory and maybe a trophy.

The one wrinkle, the Artic Cat 1000. In stock trim could race in Pro, with suspension, race in open.

Plus the obvious safety devices required and already mandated on your web site.

As for questions about suspensions, intakes, bla bla. Todd Author finished 5th in a bone stock Teryx, and my son & I finished 13th in a stock (CDI & shocks only) Rhino last year so I think that answers those issuies.

Reactions: 1 person

QwkRhino

So Cals Finest - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 24, 2009
Whittier
Jacob! Thanks a bunch for joining the site!! We look forward to supporting the Saboba GP.

As for the motors. A Rotax is 800cc, you have the Teryx 800cc, and you have some of those weller cars with 720cc+......a rotax swap gives an advatage over a stock motor yes but only puts it on par with the teryx and those crazy built Weller and Benchmark motors....especially the buil;t Teryx motors.....so Rotax without a doubt is cool, a turbo I would say is cool, and I would even vote for an R1 although it will be insanely faster.....whether not it can hold up willl be the question!!!

I say let em run!!! trust me when I say forget about the Rotax, what some of these guys Are showing up with in their built motors is just as gnarley....wait until next year when some guys show up with XTZ Arctic Cat 1000!! They are 85mph out of the box!!

LET EM RUN JACOB!!! LET EM RUN!!
Agreed, well said.

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 8, 2009
Il Padrino says that a rules change a week and half before the race is a bad omen........Il Padrino also says, run what you brung and let the women decide who has the largest juevos! R-1's are fast yet weak in a desert race, Rotax's are powerful but only as strong as a Teryx, and the Arctic Cat can kill them all with one swipe of its paw.............

Il Padrino

Rusty5150

UTVUG PHOTOG
Jan 9, 2009
Race

None of this makes sense to me. Built rhino's and a stock rhino's are going to racing eachother. The stock rhino is at a disadvantage. Let everyone run and then make a change next year if it does not work out. Most of the exotic vehicles wont finish or will be slowed down by a mechanical problems.

Let them race. Todd Author finished 5th in a bone stock Teryx last year.

dnf736

Jan 15, 2009
Alpine, CA
None of this makes sense to me. Built rhino's and a stock rhino's are going to racing eachother. The stock rhino is at a disadvantage. Let everyone run and then make a change next year if it does not work out. Most of the exotic vehicles wont finish or will be slowed down by a mechanical problems.

Let them race. Todd Author finished 5th in a bone stock Teryx last year.
Yep, makes sense to me, till the folks with $40,000+ CORR spec cars or say, your site sponser gets worked by someone with an R1, you know someone that built to a CORR or BITD spec....I doubt it would happen but if it did.....however I dont think there are that many exotics out there that would actually line up and race.

Honestly I really dont care, were leaving the CORR car at home and racing moms 4 seater but either everyone (thats racing) is on board with a true open class run what ya brung rule or they need to break it up.

My .02

Rusty5150

UTVUG PHOTOG
Jan 9, 2009
Register

This is the rumored entry list so far. Anyone else racing thats not on this list???

Red Racer aka Factory FMFr
Wild Earp
NAATV
BOBONTHIS
Paulywood
d34thw1sh
Bigdog_arizona
bviernow
HRT x2
The Frog
Mosterenergy22
Code16
Funco x2
Top Gun aka AzBdBy

Thats 16 just from this (RF.net) board, can pretty much count on
Makin Trax James Hill &
Johnny Pacheo.
Hobie O
Troy, c&c
Tommy, sb Fab
I have only registered 3 people so far.

Update for those who have not been told.

UTVUNDERGROUND.COM

Is offering the following contingency:

$100 to the first UTV finisher outside the payout! (6th place)

UTVUNDERGROUND.COM decals are required on both sides of the vehicle in visible location. All UTV's (only) following these guidlines will quilify for a chance at the contingency. For decals go to utvunderground.com or contact "Rusty" at [email protected] or 951-834-5398. Decals also available at registration/contigency day of event.

dnf736

Jan 15, 2009
Alpine, CA
has anyone entered with an R1???????
I hope there is, be cool to see it run and hopefully its an open class at Soboba, its just I know how racers think when they get beat by something that shouldnt even be a contender. Trust me I HEARD about it when my 13y/o finished 13th in his stocker, couple of guys were pretty pissed when they saw him get out of his car and started talking smack in the pits and on RF. net.

Heres a rumor, I heard a guy that does tech inspection is toying with the idea of trying to get a local promoter to run an open class for the Exotics. ;)
Rumor.

c&c rhino

UTVUnderground SXS Tech - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 18, 2009
lake elsinore, ca
no rumor. it will happen. im very actively looking for a powerplant and drive. ill be running my utv underground stickers. just gotta make em.

Soboba GP

Soboba Rez's Finest - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 29, 2009
Soboba

Well thanks for the info guys, everyones pretty much on the same level. The schedule does state "UTV OPEN". so were leaving it as is and it's run what you brung. We'll see how it goes and make changes next year if necessary.

Can't wait to see everyone lined up again. I'll throw up some sneek peek photos tomorrow exclusive for your forum.

Reactions: 1 person

Makin' Trax

Got Shocks? - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 27, 2009
Well thanks for the info guys, everyones pretty much on the same level. The schedule does state "UTV OPEN". so were leaving it as is and it's run what you brung. We'll see how it goes and make changes next year if necessary.

Can't wait to see everyone lined up again. I'll throw up some sneek peek photos tomorrow exclusive for your forum.
Hey Jacob,

Shorten those straightaways down to about half the length they were last year so going anything over 60 has no advantage. Add whoops and rythm sections and chicanes to break up those long wide open flat runs. That will even the playing field. Put the race in the drivers hands not the motors if your going to allow motor swap and one off cars.

Steve - Makin' Trax

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000