So who won the UTV Championship?

facteryfmf

Looking For a Few Good Men - UTVUnderground Approv
Feb 8, 2009
Phoenix
I think that's a hype man trying to justify the obvious to promote the event. Sure everyone goes to see the wrecks at a Nascar race but Nascar has not gone to the point of jumping school buses on the front stretch and jumping through the ring of fire on the back stretch to try and get people to pay attention. Racer safety should be the first and foremost concern, not ticket sales for a land rush start once a year for people who start side by side at every other race in a pill draw format to let any rookie draw a front spot and start up front in a huge horsepower UTV to wreck some one's day finding out you can't buy talent only the car.

Let alone all the rookies knee deep in the dust on an over capacity course 16 mile course.
just wait... next year the utvwc will be the last race of the year and racers will become hired guns to take out season points leaders

shane88

Nov 5, 2014
I spoke with Ryan Piplic yesterday and it was far from intentional, he said he looked over his shoulder and didn't see me and he went to merge on the track and boom there I was.... it was a honest mistake and shit happens.... unfortunately I was in that that shit lol. Only thing that really matters is I wasn't hurt, heck I wasn't even sore on my 22 hour drive home.

Joey D I really think yall need to take note here, we do a lot of dead engine land rush starts here in the east and it works awesome. The reasoning for the dead engine is to separate the field, and you cant do that when you have 15-18 UTV's going into a 90 degree turn only 25 yards after the start. In order to have some separation I recommend a way longer straight before the first turn and not have the first turn a 90 degree angle. I know this will not guarantee zero accidents, but it will for sure be way safer than this years layout. I also spoke with Cory about these suggestions.

On another note, a few of us got the shaft(for a lack of better terms) on the draw order for the short course. Jones drew front row and I drew second row, yet they moved me to the third row and Jones to the second row , and other racers that I know for a fact drew to be behind us got moved to rows in front or on the same row as us. How is this fair, the whole purpose of preregistration and the draw order is thrown out the window when this happens.

All and all it was a great experience and we had a great time.... thanks for all involved for throwing on the event.

Last edited:
Reactions: Glamisfan

450grl

The First Lady of SXS - UTVUnderground Approved
Mar 15, 2009
If there were heat races, or some sort of cap on the number of cars allowed on the course at once, I may have more of an interest in racing this event. As it stands now, it just doesn't seem like a good time to have way too many UTVs on the course at once, terrible visibility and way too much opportunity to have my day ended and my car wrecked by events out of my control. Yes, wrecking is racing, and dust is desert racing, and shit happens and luck is always a factor, but stacking the odds in favor of all of that just makes it seem like a much better idea for me to sit it out and watch it all unfold on Facebook. Hoping to see some changes to next year's format, because it really is a cool event......

Reactions: Glamisfan

crazywatson

#13 - UTVUnderground Approved
Jul 30, 2009
Redwood City
Seems like a World Championship Race should have some way to qualify into it so only the best are competing for the victory. Having a rookie pay there way in and take out a top contender seems kinda messed up. Maybe qualifying for the main like they qualify King Of The Hammer cars could be an option. With a LCQ race to bring in more entries.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

NIKAL

May 13, 2012
Maybe make the race format like Moto or Supercross. On a 16 mile course you could have two lap heat races, with top 5 In each heat move on to the main race. Then take the next two finishers in each heat race and any teams that are top 15 in current points that did not make top 5 in their heat race, and have them run 1 or 2 lap LCQ race. Then depending on how many entries and heats, you could have 25-30 cars in the main event.

Do this same format for the Turbos & N/A classes, but seporate them so they each have their own race. Since the Unlimiteds don't have a large class yet, you could run them with the Turbos.

Running this format would add more track time, so maybe look at having to run it over a two day event, like Score did with their Laughlin events?

Reactions: Bricoop

the stripping shop

RACER - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 29, 2009
peoria,Az
www.strippingshop.com
The real fix is time. Don't run the bikes or quads at this event that will give you time. Then you can run a short course race at 6:00 am 2lap qualifier. Then run desert race 8:00 to 1:00 need to make desert race longer so it doesn't feel like a short race get the miles in. Then the 170 class 2:00-3:00. Then short course now set up on how you did in morning lined up 4:00 to 6:00. 2 lap shoot out wreckers or checkers. Change land rush to a sweeper leave the 180 degree turn just need to change the 90's at the beginning and then you can make it widerand slow funnel down. Look at motorcross do the math on how wide is start and then turn width do the same with UTV and you will see were the mistake was made. Still great show Joeyd me and my kid had a blast.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000