Kawasaki Smoke out of passenger side exhaust

spangs

IlliNOISE - UTVUnderground Approved
May 25, 2009
illinois
www.spangsfab.com
I have a big cloud of smoke coming out of my passenger side exhaust I have the muzzys on it. The smoke isn’t constant after running about 5 min or so it will shoot out a think dark cloud of smoke and makes the engine power die doesn’t kill the engine but you go from what ever speed you are traveling to like you just polled your foot off the pedal. Dose anyone know were I should start to fix this problem.

rmuzzy

Mr. Muzzy - UTVUnderground Approved
Sep 2, 2009
Bend Oregon
It is odd that the smoke only comes out the passenger side, the exhaust head pipes come together before the mufflers. Have you made any changes to the car recently?

Reactions: 1 person

Weller Racing

I Make Things Go Fast - Official UTVUnderground Sp
Aug 21, 2009
Chandler, AZ
www.wellerracing.com
I have a big cloud of smoke coming out of my passenger side exhaust I have the muzzys on it. The smoke isn’t constant after running about 5 min or so it will shoot out a think dark cloud of smoke and makes the engine power die doesn’t kill the engine but you go from what ever speed you are traveling to like you just polled your foot off the pedal. Dose anyone know were I should start to fix this problem.
I would pull your intake plenum off at check for oil. It sounds like your breather hose is pumping oil into the intake. We make a breather kit that eliminates the oil going into the intake that should take care of it. Pretty common with the teryx. Check the intake first though.

Thanks,
Jason

spangs

IlliNOISE - UTVUnderground Approved
May 25, 2009
illinois
www.spangsfab.com
i pulled the ring off and there is oil in there. what is the bet way to get rid of the oil just take a rag andclean it out what you can each or what i guess ill b rdering one of the breathe itaes from you soon

thanks for the help agin

Weller Racing

I Make Things Go Fast - Official UTVUnderground Sp
Aug 21, 2009
Chandler, AZ
www.wellerracing.com
i pulled the ring off and there is oil in there. what is the bet way to get rid of the oil just take a rag andclean it out what you can each or what i guess ill b rdering one of the breathe itaes from you soon

thanks for the help agin
Yeah, sounds like you should be in good shape after a breather kit. Just take off the plenum and the carbs.(if it has carbs???) Take the sliders out of the carbs and spray the venturis out with "carb" cleaner. Don't get the cleaner on the diaphragms.... It will expand them and cause you some headaches... Also spray the plenum out with the carb cleaner. After it is clean, install the breather kit and you are good to go! Don't forget to top off the oil...

Thank you,
Jason Weller

EFAJEEP

Jul 21, 2010
A couple of Vendors like Hunterworks and UTV Inc sell a kit for that. Its called a siphon break kit. It re-routes the crank case breather to a catch can, and back into the motor. Instead of into the plenum where the oil ends up in your intake. Pretty common problem. The Hunterworks one seems the easiest.

450grl

The First Lady of SXS - UTVUnderground Approved
Mar 15, 2009
We have been selling these kits for a while now......nothing difficult about ours! ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000