Small generator

Class51600

Familia 1st - UTVUnderground's La Familia
Oct 22, 2010
Murrieta, CA
Guys I know the Honda's are the best but it's more expensive in most cases, one time when we were at drop 30 I was talking to someone and I think it Dave that showed me a larger I want to say 2500K gen what was very quite and nice. I have a friend that is looking for a larger then 2K gen an has been doing research but I mention this one.

Thak you.

joes5091

Jan 20, 2010
I have a Yamaha 2k and its quieter and gets better fuel usage that the honda and has a better warranty

megadesertdiesel

Jan 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ
Honda 2000 is on my short list. You can find then used in great condition for $750.

what ever you do buy a quiet one, you dont want to be that dick in camp that has a noisy generator.

Slacker

La Familia
Apr 1, 2012
Bakersfield
I have a Coleman brand. It's been a great generator and was under $1000 brand new. It has a ton of hours on it and the only problem is that it has gotten louder. Mine has a Briggs motor, I don't know what brand the electric unit is. All in all great genset for little cash brand new. I think I'll go search for a new muffler so I can hang out with MegeDesert Diesel. :)

Itstoolate

Itstoolate
Sep 9, 2011
North Orange County, CA
According to Yamaha website their 2000 watt inverter generator is 51-61 dba and Honda claims 53-59 dba on their 2000 watt unit so they are pretty much the same. I have the Honda and like it but I think I would be just as happy with the Yamaha. I grew up around Honda motorcycles so I am brand partial in that respect. My concern was having a quiet generator in the campground and my second concern was stabilized power to run any electronics you would hook to it like a computer, cell phone or TV, that is the benefit of an inverter generator but you pay for that style. You will find less expensive generators but they won't be inverter style and not as quiet. If you don't need those options or won't be using it on a regular basis, save your money and get a regular generator.

Joe mentioned the Yamaha might be quieter but I think the positioning of the unit and direction the muffler faces might make a little difference.

I also have an 1800 watt Coleman but it is quite loud for a small generator and I only use it when I am not in a campground.

Class51600

Familia 1st - UTVUnderground's La Familia
Oct 22, 2010
Murrieta, CA
Just fyi i have a honda 2k and love it. I was asking for a friend because he needs something bigger and i think this yamaha 2400 is the one i was thinking about.

skunx

OG SXS Racer - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 30, 2009
california
www.imgms.com
i Have used both yamaha and hondas for our enclosed trailer and they are killer for the quiet factor and put out a good amount of power, however they are a little costy.. i recently picked one up at a pawn shop for an awesome deal so keep that in mind before buying new...

Itstoolate

Itstoolate
Sep 9, 2011
North Orange County, CA
According to Yamaha website their 2000 watt inverter generator is 51-61 dba and Honda claims 53-59 dba on their 2000 watt unit so they are pretty much the same. I have the Honda and like it but I think I would be just as happy with the Yamaha. I grew up around Honda motorcycles so I am brand partial in that respect. My concern was having a quiet generator in the campground and my second concern was stabilized power to run any electronics you would hook to it like a computer, cell phone or TV, that is the benefit of an inverter generator but you pay for that style. You will find less expensive generators but they won't be inverter style and not as quiet. If you don't need those options or won't be using it on a regular basis, save your money and get a regular generator.

Joe mentioned the Yamaha might be quieter but I think the positioning of the unit and direction the muffler faces might make a little difference.

I also have an 1800 watt Coleman but it is quite loud for a small generator and I only use it when I am not in a campground.

Ernesto, you going to make the John Berry ride?

mosslager

STEEEEEEEEKERZ - UTVUnderground Approved
Nov 4, 2009
I have probably 2000+ hours on my EU2000i... I rigged a 5 gallon VP can to feed into it and it will run for 3 days non-stop to save my Onan. I have a buddy with one season on the Costco Champion and for the price it is a solid buy. Just as quiet as my Honda but it will trip the breaker sooner so I got to assume it does not put out the full rated power. It is perfectly fine to run close to the rated output. As long as you are not running a microwave and coffee pot at the same time, or you trailers flood lamps and microwave.

JimandMelissa

UTVUndeground La Familia
Oct 4, 2010
Will a honda 2000 pull a ac unit on a motorhome or trailer?
Depends on the AC unit.

How old it is
How many BTU

Newer units draw less power and have a lower start load. You could run up to a 13k but absolutely nothing else and the generator will be running and max load and be louder.

I can run my 15k with ours but have added a "hard start" capacitior to help with the start load. Not the best way to do it though.

Normally run a Honda 2k and 3k paralled and can run 2 AC's with that setup at medium load on gens.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000