Single seat race car.

bluediamond

Jun 24, 2015
Curious to hear what people think. Is there any appetite out there to propose allowing single seat race cars in BITD ? I believe class 19 is the only 4 wheel class that requires two occupants in the car , correct ? I could see this adding more strategy to the class. I spoke to someone about this the other day and curious to hear if its been brought up to Cory before and if others have an opinion on this subject. I know we talked about this briefly here but that conversation was geared more twards running the Ace in the NA class.. Thanks.

tatum

Hans Solo - 2009 UTV Baja 500 & 1000 Winner - UTVU
Feb 10, 2009
arizona
This was actually brought up way back in 2009 when Dragonfire built a single seat Teryx for CORR. Then they folded right before the car was finished and Todd took it to the desert instead. We won the Baja 500 and 1000 in 2009 but BITD would no allow it to race. I own the car now and race it in the Lucas regional series.69574_526987364007670_1954063939_n.jpg

Reactions: bluediamond

V22Driver

Oct 10, 2017
bluediamond,

I will be racing a Polaris ACE 900 XC (Polaris still classifies it as an ATV) in BITD starting in 2018 currently in the Quad Ironman Expert Class. I used to race a Bombardier DS650 in the same class, but I have decided that worrying my wife and parents isn't worth it any more. I emailed Liz/Don with a picture of the ACE and they emailed back that they will leave them in the Quad class until more ACEs show up then there will be a new class made. I still think that once they do make a class for the ACEs, the ACEs shouldn't run with the UTVs, but should start after all the handlebar classes cause at 875cc, they don't have the power to keep up with the 1000's.

Just my $0.02...

V22Driver

bluediamond

Jun 24, 2015
bluediamond,

I will be racing a Polaris ACE 900 XC (Polaris still classifies it as an ATV) in BITD starting in 2018 currently in the Quad Ironman Expert Class. I used to race a Bombardier DS650 in the same class, but I have decided that worrying my wife and parents isn't worth it any more. I emailed Liz/Don with a picture of the ACE and they emailed back that they will leave them in the Quad class until more ACEs show up then there will be a new class made. I still think that once they do make a class for the ACEs, the ACEs shouldn't run with the UTVs, but should start after all the handlebar classes cause at 875cc, they don't have the power to keep up with the 1000's.

Just my $0.02...

V22Driver
Wow man. Thats great news. Makes alot of sense to do it this way also just to start. I know of a few guys that ive talked to that showed interest In building an Ace to race in the desert. With its short wheel base I tend to agree with the keeping up but as far as the hp numbers it wouldnt take all that much to get the hp right back up there. Thanks for posting, I will definitely be looking for you out there. Best of luck. I still would love to see a single seat car in any of the 3 pro classes get approved. I think it would add alot more to the class.

V22Driver

Oct 10, 2017
bluediamond,

I have found a company called RSVPerformance that can flash the ECU and they say they can get the ACE to 90+ HP which will bring the power to weight ratio up quite a bit. Sounds promising, but it is quite expensive and so far I haven't found an aftermarket exhaust that states that it fits the 900 XC. I will probably complete a race or 2 to see how the ACE does before I look at more power. My lead foot might be a little timid in the beginning until I get the feel for the handling.

V22Driver

bluediamond

Jun 24, 2015
Ive actually read a bit on the exhaust topic. Seems the design of the car left little to no room for a new design. The good news is slip ons have come a long way. Check out the HMF slip on.The Evo tune and slip on has been getting good reviews from the GNCC guys also. They have been racing these cars for a few seasons now and have lots of good in inpute out there on this very topic. As well as cage design.

Last edited:

V22Driver

Oct 10, 2017
bluediamond,

To tell you the truth, with all the mods I am making with doors, seats, harnesses, a cage, nerf bars, and bumper, I haven't even looked into the exhaust options. Budget for now is the limiting factor and since I don't even have any seat time in it, I will probably wait until the Spring for exhaust and tune updates. Sounds like a good place to start though.

Thanks,

V22Driver

V22Driver

Oct 10, 2017
bluediamond,

Since technically my Polaris ACE 900XC is an ATV, I won't post my build thread here on utvunderground, but here is a link to my post on the ACE forums about it.

http://www.aceforums.net/forum/90-ace-900-xc/14873-building-polaris-ace-900xc-desert-racer.html

I added a few more mods than I spoke of in the previous posts (ie remote fuel filler tube, S&B particle separator) and have a lot more planned (mostly just buy and install stuff, but I will fabbing an auxiliary 5 gallon fuel tank to the back bed area).

I just got a sponsorship with Trinity Racing, as they are finishing final testing on their ACE exhaust, and will be purchasing installing it in March on my ACE just in time for the UTV World Championships in April.

V22Driver

bluediamond

Jun 24, 2015
bluediamond,

Since technically my Polaris ACE 900XC is an ATV, I won't post my build thread here on utvunderground, but here is a link to my post on the ACE forums about it.

http://www.aceforums.net/forum/90-ace-900-xc/14873-building-polaris-ace-900xc-desert-racer.html

I added a few more mods than I spoke of in the previous posts (ie remote fuel filler tube, S&B particle separator) and have a lot more planned (mostly just buy and install stuff, but I will fabbing an auxiliary 5 gallon fuel tank to the back bed area).

I just got a sponsorship with Trinity Racing, as they are finishing final testing on their ACE exhaust, and will be purchasing installing it in March on my ACE just in time for the UTV World Championships in April.

V22Driver
Race

Love it..very nice. Really like the cage design. Your doing a great job with the build. . I just read today actually about the new Trinity exhaust. Good for you. Looking forward to seeing how the new car works at worlds and how your times stack up against the NA class. Keep up the great work..

V22Driver

Oct 10, 2017
BlueDiamond,

Thanks. It has been fun and more to come. The UTVWC should be interesting since it is a short lap race. Don't know how I will stack up against the UTV class there, but based on my average lap time (2:07) at the Parker 250, I would have placed 11th in the UTV Pro NA class out of 38 entries and 4th of out of 7 entries in the UTV Sportsman class. This was also racing on a cleaner, less beat up track than the UTVs had.

V22Driver

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000