Silver State Start at Pit 2?

NIKAL

May 13, 2012
George while most of us agree the spur of the moment decision Casey made was not the right call, it was still Casey's call. While some say they would not have taken Casey up on his decision, many would have and that is OK. The rule maker made a rule change and you cant fault the racer for taking advantage of the rule the promoter made.

As you can see from the Cognito post above Casey called them and is now moving them back to last place. Its still a finish, and in some eyes that is still not fair. But once again this call is made by Casey, not the racer. This could end up being Cognito's throw out race or if they DNF a race, this race could help them as they are getting some points. Its a toss up, but has to be accepted.

If you cant accept Casey's decision without being bitter, or if you cant accept that Cognito took advantage of the opportunity given to them without being bitter, then maybe you should look at racing in another series. There is the PURE series and D38 in Plaster City now has a UTV class. These two series are more affordable and you might have better luck and get better finishes, as the competition is not at the BITD level. There is also SCORE, but if your team is having a hard time racing or finishing BITD races, then I would not consider SCORE until you feel your equipment and crew are up for the task.

mearsman

Nov 2, 2011
I think that by Casey adjusting the finishing results, it works for everyone. Cognito has been able to identity an issue with their car and address it before the next race and run for the championship. The money spent to travel to the race wasn't wasted because of a battery.
I don't think many people would take exception to them returning to the race as long as they weren't towed FORWARD on the race course, and by no fault of their own, they altered the results of the race by forcing Johnny to sow down while being in their dust.
Was Johnny fast enough to make up the time difference to win the race? We'll never know.......

george.felix

George
Jan 11, 2015
Houston, Texas
George while most of us agree the spur of the moment decision Casey made was not the right call, it was still Casey's call. While some say they would not have taken Casey up on his decision, many would have and that is OK. The rule maker made a rule change and you cant fault the racer for taking advantage of the rule the promoter made.

As you can see from the Cognito post above Casey called them and is now moving them back to last place. Its still a finish, and in some eyes that is still not fair. But once again this call is made by Casey, not the racer. This could end up being Cognito's throw out race or if they DNF a race, this race could help them as they are getting some points. Its a toss up, but has to be accepted.

If you cant accept Casey's decision without being bitter, or if you cant accept that Cognito took advantage of the opportunity given to them without being bitter, then maybe you should look at racing in another series. There is the PURE series and D38 in Plaster City now has a UTV class. These two series are more affordable and you might have better luck and get better finishes, as the competition is not at the BITD level. There is also SCORE, but if your team is having a hard time racing or finishing BITD races, then I would not consider SCORE until you feel your equipment and crew are up for the task.
First of all not bitter....incredulous is more like it. Life is full of "opportunities" and it's not always fair and it can be a dog eat dog I guess it's about choices. Just because I don't like something or the outcome don't assume I'm bitter. If it cost someone a championship they might be bitter. Everyone races for a different reason. We started with nothing and still low on the totem pole but were just out to improve ourselves. We don't care if we don't finish as long as we feel we improved. So far we've mostly done that. All but the last race we ran a stock travel suspension and motor in a two seater. Don't think anyone else is. Anyway we will finish a race and it won't change a thing. FYI we finished V2R in our first race rolled the car I'm not proud to say 3 times and got towed down the hill to the finish line w ironically a dead battery.....about 1/4 mile so we have seen a finish line.

facteryfmf

Looking For a Few Good Men - UTVUnderground Approv
Feb 8, 2009
Phoenix
First of all not bitter....incredulous is more like it. Life is full of "opportunities" and it's not always fair and it can be a dog eat dog I guess it's about choices. Just because I don't like something or the outcome don't assume I'm bitter. If it cost someone a championship they might be bitter. Everyone races for a different reason. We started with nothing and still low on the totem pole but were just out to improve ourselves. We don't care if we don't finish as long as we feel we improved. So far we've mostly done that. All but the last race we ran a stock travel suspension and motor in a two seater. Don't think anyone else is. Anyway we will finish a race and it won't change a thing. FYI we finished V2R in our first race rolled the car I'm not proud to say 3 times and got towed down the hill to the finish line w ironically a dead battery.....about 1/4 mile so we have seen a finish line.
Weird. It's illegal to be towed across the finish line.

Reactions: SandNu and COGNITO

george.felix

George
Jan 11, 2015
Houston, Texas
Weird. It's illegal to be towed across the finish line.
Well there u go. I guess my instincts were correct not feeling right about getting towed just seemed odd even though we were last. The first I'd ever heard of towing in racing. BITD said let's tow it. We were expecting to DNF 1/4 mi out after all we been thru. I agree your right it is weird....even 1/4 mi. Till the day I die I'll never understand towing forward in a race.....lmao!

Last edited:

SandNu

Sep 29, 2012
The Finish Line
Well there u go. I guess my instincts were correct not feeling right about that. The first I'd ever heard of towing in racing. BITD said let's tow it. We were expecting to DNF 1/4 mi out after all we been thru. I agree your right it is weird! Till the day I die I'll never understand towing forward in a race.....lmao!

LMAO!!!!!!!! So why was this thread started again. I am really confused now with the plaintiffs complaint. Well we have heard enough. Judgment for the defendant. Sentencing to follow at next race. Happy Racing!!!!!

Last edited:

Bajaxp

SXS Racer Extraordinaire - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 21, 2010
OC
Well there u go. I guess my instincts were correct not feeling right about getting towed just seemed odd even though we were last. The first I'd ever heard of towing in racing. BITD said let's tow it. We were expecting to DNF 1/4 mi out after all we been thru. I agree your right it is weird....even 1/4 mi. Till the day I die I'll never understand towing forward in a race.....lmao!
OMG...you were towed to the finish? You didn't stand up and say, 'shit-fire cuz, that jus ain't raight.' Baaaaahahahaha. I haven't laughed this hard in a long time. Whew! Now that chit was funny.

We now need to file this in the dumbest thread EVER file.

George PM-ed me and asked if I raced. I almost blew milk out of my nose.

COGNITO

Cognito Motorsports - Official UTVUnderground Spon
Apr 30, 2009
OMG...you were towed to the finish? You didn't stand up and say, 'shit-fire cuz, that jus ain't raight.' Baaaaahahahaha. I haven't laughed this hard in a long time. Whew! Now that chit was funny.

We now need to file this in the dumbest thread EVER file.

George PM-ed me and asked if I raced. I almost blew milk out of my nose.
George is sending me pm's as well. 58 yrs old going on 17.

ironworks

Jan 18, 2010
Sounds like school girl gossip. Did u hear what he said she said. Lmao
Congrats on you new race team sponsorship. I heard Stanley Tools was gonna step up a support your entire program, since your such a huge tool they figured you would make a nice spokesperson.

george.felix

George
Jan 11, 2015
Houston, Texas
C'mon your version is funnier but Matt I said did you even race SS. Huge tool? You noticed is disturbing....... must have some entertainment value cuz not much else.

Brandon75173

Mar 25, 2014
Dallas, TX
I see both sides of the coin. Think if you cant leave the line under your own power, it should be back on a trailer. But I am not any part of the points, or near contention at the last race, so who gives a "HUG"............ Its Casey's series, what he says obviously goes. I too drove from Texas, for our first BITD race, I too DNFed. Learned a lot, and don't give a shit about this petty drama. George, go get your machine sorted out and show them a bumper, if you, myself, or anyone else in the field cant hang with the front runners, I don't believe there is an expectation for your opinion to hold weight.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Slowpoke Rodriguez

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000