Silver State Start at Pit 2?

george.felix

George
Jan 11, 2015
Houston, Texas
I may have been in 8th place on time at 50 miles but I was not in 8th place physically. The only cars we had passed by the 2nd pit were those on the side of the road. And I had started 29th.
I originally called it an unfair advantage and stand by that after hearing all sides presented here. Even if you reconcile the math regarding trading time for miles you can never account for the advantage of jumping on course 74 miles into the race with a fresh car full of fuel etc against cars that got hammered for those same 74 miles. In a sport where attrition is a big factor it can't ever be fair. Add the fact the car never took the green then it didn't officially start the race either....a lesser point possibly. Cars stuck on course had to deal with checkpoint closure times as well. There's just too much .......I don't see any way it can be argued that it was equivalent or fair. It's apparent that as hard as you may have tried to make it fair that's an impossible task.

COGNITO

Cognito Motorsports - Official UTVUnderground Spon
Apr 30, 2009
I bet if the ss300 ends up a dnf for me, that George still complains and wines about something. You just seem like that kind of guy. For whatever reason, you have had an itch for our team since beginning of the season.

Reactions: Simi Dude

george.felix

George
Jan 11, 2015
Houston, Texas
I bet if the ss300 ends up a dnf for me, that George still complains and wines about something. You just seem like that kind of guy. For whatever reason, you have had an itch for our team since beginning of the season.
It's called having an opinion and this is a forum to air it out and speak your mind. If I don't agree with you it's not whining it's I just don't agree with you. Ask me why and I'll give you my reasons. I don't have anything against your team. You may think I'm outspoken but your teams not? If it ends in a DNF for you it's because u didn't start and finish the race like everyone else. Same DNF everyone else would get. Maybe the real issue is the DNF rule. I didn't make the rules I just think they should be enforced or eliminated. For example there's a rule about excessive nerfing. I think flipping a car or breaking a transmission is excessive. BUT if the rules are not going to be enforced then I'm fine with getting it out of the rule book let nerfing be allowed.

You and everyone else knows that 99.99% of the time what happened to you ends in a DNF so don't blame me I'm not asking for special treatment.

COGNITO

Apr 30, 2009
For what ever reason, you think I got special treatment, your wrong. Any other racer out there would have got same treatment. Casey had no idea who I am.

Being outspoken is one thing but calling names and cussing is another. The way you acted in the first few pages of this thread definitely does not match the stature that you think you carry.

If it ends in a dnf then it is what it is, you won't see me complaining about it, I want to win this championship without question.

george.felix

George
Jan 11, 2015
Houston, Texas
The cussing was in reference to a quote what I ACTUALLY said to Casey. So it was factual. After we had a long conversation. It's called venting. I'm not saying "you" got special treatment like it was because your Justin a Lambert. What I'm saying is the decision itself constitutes special treatment regardless who's on the receiving end. Circle back that's why I said I would never accept anything but a DNF in this situation because it would be special treatment for me. FYI I've been in professional situation where I've been given special treatment and I've always found it awkward. Probably because I don't feel it's right.

Justin I wish you the best of luck in winning the championship and honestly after this I'd like to see you overcome and make it. That would be awesome! That's what I'm talking about. I'm a sportsman and I can appreciate adversity.

Apr 11, 2011
Santa Clarita
This guy again..George "The Rookie" Felix

I agree with the other poster, Shut the F$&K Up.

Yea that was a strange call, but to attack the team, cheaters etc sounds like your issue was with Casey, but yet you rant on forums, then appologize "heat of the Moment" you used the same excuse last time, you get one free pass, and you used it last race.

Your not a hard core old school guy, your a whiny shit talker, your not a racer, you bought a car threw some stickers on it suck up all over the race track.

My second year of racing UTVs and "winning", I got a crapy call that cost me the 2011 Championship loosing by 2 points, I didnt cry, I didnt attack the guy who beat me, its just life. The following year I killed it and won the Championship.

I dont wish a DNF or bad luck on anyone, I would have taken that deal from Casey and if he changed his mine later I would accept his decision.

Im not commenting on the decision, Im tired of hearing you! Nobody on any forum has been such a fool.

george.felix

George
Jan 11, 2015
Houston, Texas

Yea that was a strange call, but to attack the team, cheaters etc sounds like your issue was with Casey, but yet you rant on forums, then appologize "heat of the Moment" you used the same excuse last time, you get one free pass, and you used it last race.

Your not a hard core old school guy, your a whiny shit talker, your not a racer, you bought a car threw some stickers on it suck up all over the race track.

My second year of racing UTVs and "winning", I got a crapy call that cost me the 2011 Championship loosing by 2 points, I didnt cry, I didnt attack the guy who beat me, its just life. The following year I killed it and won the Championship.

I dont wish a DNF or bad luck on anyone, I would have taken that deal from Casey and if he changed his mine later I would accept his decision.

Im not commenting on the decision, Im tired of hearing you! Nobody on any forum has been such a fool.
Dude you wouldn't know how to articulate a sensible comment if your life depended on it. Almost nobody agrees w the decision but you I guess. Some that were there question the story if u wanna know the truth. Did someone wish them a DNF.....lmao! Is that how that works like voodoo.....If this turns in their favor it won't be me complaining. Anyone w half a brain can see it's a no win situation. At best it's a moot point as are your outbursts.

ironworks

Jan 18, 2010
Dude you wouldn't know how to articulate a sensible comment if your life depended on it. Almost nobody agrees w the decision but you I guess. Some that were there question the story if u wanna know the truth. Did someone wish them a DNF.....lmao! Is that how that works like voodoo.....If this turns in their favor it won't be me complaining. Anyone w half a brain can see it's a no win situation. At best it's a moot point as are your outbursts.

I agree with the decision. So that's 2 along with the other guy who told you to shut up a few pages ago making 3. Plus obviously the Cognito guys who have commented. That might make 4 . 5 and 6. Just in this thread.

I guess I would be mad too, If I had never seen the finish line at a BITD race except in pictures on the Underground.

Apr 11, 2011
Santa Clarita
George the Rookie, I was not speaking about the race, Im speaking too you, your an idiot!

I dont know Justin of Cognito other than Ive raced against him for years, and unlike you hes won lots of races, puts together quality cars and has talent.

Your a bottom dweller of racing hoping for 1st place of the DNF racers.

I would give you my advice on how to conduct yourself in PM as I did last time, but obviosly it didnt help.

Bajaxp

SXS Racer Extraordinaire - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 21, 2010
OC

Explain 2011 and a bad call. Love to hear this...

Apr 11, 2011
Santa Clarita
Explain 2011 and a bad call. Love to hear this...
Well off the subject, but here it is.

Worcs series, Three way championship tie, I think it was Rd 7 at Geln Helen, this was before parade laps were given so you never saw the corse till the race.

Running up front in 4th when two cars crashed bad right in front of me (because one of the cars was going backward on the corse because they missed the turn) I avoided them and the came to an intersection, left strait or right, all the corse ribbons were gone because other classes kept missing the turns and tore them all out.

So I chose strait and was back on the track, unfortunately Greg Row who had been in front of me by about 4 seconds and who I was batteling for the points with was now behind me..not knowong what to do, and knowing especially at a Worcs race you dont go backwards on the corse, I continued arounds the corse back to where I made the wrong turn and pulled off looking for a corse worker, after finally finding one I told him What happened, he said get back on the corse and keep going.

During my little trip I lost three minute, which in a Worcs race is like 3 hours, and let everyone pass me. I was hit with a 6 minute penality on top of the self imposed 3 minutes loosing a ton of points, but still battled back and almost won the series.

The whole thing was on video tape showing what happened and with the time stamp you could see how long I was driving around off the track trying to get help..any ways they told me I should have stopped on the tabletop jump in the infield where the flag man was and told him???

I feel I should have gotten it overturned, but no such luck, anyways after that race, Worcs started parade laps to avoid those issues.

Bajaxp

Jan 21, 2010
OC
^^^Sorry, I was thinking you were referring to 2011 BITD Pro UTV championship. Carry on.

Bajaxp

Jan 21, 2010
OC
...or you could bring up the 2014 SCORE IV Desert Challenge. The promoter made a call regarding allowing a competitor to get a finish, when they didn't finish all the laps or all of the mileage. Not only did this aforementioned competitor not get a DNF, he went on to win the championship and got the Toyota Milestone award for completing all race miles. Soooo....this is nothing new. But some bitch when it doesn't matter, then those with class don't bitch when it actually did. Just say'n.

May 6, 2013
Yucaipa , Ca
I started the race in 21st position and ran the first half with ZERO issues. I was passed by Justin and 1969 Logan Gastel ( started 37th i believe ) in the same section and off memory it was around mm120 to 135,in a section where my 900 was getting eaten alive by any 1000 within range. It seems to me that he was put on the track in the correct postion. Logan ran a great race and finished in the top 10, so for them to pass me in the same section makes sense.

Cognito is right , this is a bad race for their championship hunt, but I think its great that the promoter is willing to work with the teams to allow us to get our money and our sponsors money put to use. Im going to race as many races as my budget and calendar will allow this year, but it seems to me that if none of the title contendar teams have an issue with it , neither should a racer who had DNF'D every race or any part time team ( like myself ) and is not in the hunt for the championship. If it becomes an issue maybe BITD should pole the entries for this race and come up with a rule for future races on how this should be handled.

Just my .02 cents , super pumped i wasnt a victim to the "warhammer " when i was passed as well !

Reactions: Bajaxp and Trentk

COGNITO

Apr 30, 2009
Casey called me this morning and said he was going to move my finishing position back to last place or close to it. This drops us to 4th in points instead of 3rd. I told him if he felt he needed to dnf me i was fine with that as well. He said absolutely not, so i told him we were happy with it either way.

At the end of the season, this will be our throwout race anyway, we are on the hunt for a championship.

george.felix

George
Jan 11, 2015
Houston, Texas
I started the race in 21st position and ran the first half with ZERO issues. I was passed by Justin and 1969 Logan Gastel ( started 37th i believe ) in the same section and off memory it was around mm120 to 135,in a section where my 900 was getting eaten alive by any 1000 within range. It seems to me that he was put on the track in the correct postion. Logan ran a great race and finished in the top 10, so for them to pass me in the same section makes sense.

Cognito is right , this is a bad race for their championship hunt, but I think its great that the promoter is willing to work with the teams to allow us to get our money and our sponsors money put to use. Im going to race as many races as my budget and calendar will allow this year, but it seems to me that if none of the title contendar teams have an issue with it , neither should a racer who had DNF'D every race or any part time team ( like myself ) and is not in the hunt for the championship. If it becomes an issue maybe BITD should pole the entries for this race and come up with a rule for future races on how this should be handled.

Just my .02 cents , super pumped i wasnt a victim to the "warhammer " when i was passed as well !
Very naive of you to think the top contender teams agree with this....that's funny! When the promoter becomes part of a race teams race then that's just plain ridiculous. No different than a bad call that changes the outcome of the Super Bowl or whatever. You never want that to cloud the results but it happens. This was like a boxer getting knocked out and the ref goes and gets the doctor who gives him oxygen then starts to count and he gets up and continues to fight. I think you hit the nail on the head.....screw the spirit of the game and competition.....it's all about the money! That's a message I want to pass along to my kids. So retarded thinking! Casey's decision ends it anyway.....

FYI, last I checked was a free country and this is a forum. Anyone has a right to express their opinion it whether they DNF or not. Actually there were a lot of opinions from guys not even in this race who barely raced any races. They still have a right to be a jerk or whatever. Don't hear me complaining about that.....it's in the constitution I think covered in 8th grade.

Last edited:
Reactions: Brandon75173

COGNITO

Apr 30, 2009
Very naive of you to think the top contender teams agree with this....that's funny! When the promoter becomes part of a race teams race then that's just plain ridiculous. No different than a bad call that changes the outcome of the Super Bowl or whatever. You never want that to cloud the results but it happens. This was like a boxer getting knocked out and the ref goes and gets the doctor who gives him oxygen then starts to count and he gets up and continues to fight. I think you hit the nail on the head.....screw the spirit of the game and competition.....it's all about the money! That's a message I want to pass along to my kids. So retarded thinking!
George you need to show some more respect. I doubt there is anyone that respects the way you are speaking to them.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000