Seeking drivers & co-pilots for 2017 Baja 1000

JT Holmes

Aug 21, 2017
Reno, NV
I am looking for partners for the 50th anniversary Baja 1000; specifically drivers and co-pilots. In our race program, drivers share in costs of racing and co-pilots race with us free of charge.

We have a great Jimco built naturally aspirated Polaris RZR XP 1000 UTV. It has a track record of winning long races and we won the 2017 Baja 500 in Pro UTV NA. Our team has a lot of experience. We are lean and focused. We sleep early, rise early and we pre run.

I have no "factory" support and I can't afford to cover all the expenses. I have attached a conservative race budget exclusive of pre-running that serves as an outline of the costs involved and what I am looking for partnership-wise. It is not a proposal, just a reference point. Each interested individual will be considered/ evaluated on a case by case basis.

Racing experience is mandatory. Attitude is everything. Please inquire if interested. UTV underground won't allow me to put an email address in until somebody "likes" me and until my second post.

email to:
jtholmes914 at gmail

Attachments

facteryfmf

Looking For a Few Good Men - UTVUnderground Approv
Feb 8, 2009
Phoenix
Race Fuel $12 per gallon? I dont think a built motor is the way to go for a 1300 mile race

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

JT Holmes

Aug 21, 2017
Reno, NV
The $5000 entry fee is noted in the budget spreadsheet as just a guess. I hope that the entry fee is $3500. The Baja 500 was $2995 and I was told the 1000 would be 5K, but that information did not come from SCORE so it is really nothing more than a guess.

And yes, we run Sunoco Standard 110. It is about $10/ gallon in the USA and when you have it delivered to your pit stops in Mexico it is $12. Our engine builder is Loren Duncan and we are happy with our Duncan racing engines so far. I just run the fuel he tells me to...

Thanks UTV underground for spreading the word. We've have some great people reach out and things are starting to look good.

Reactions: brad.hill.3762

ssb4

Feb 13, 2015
Last point to point Baja 1000 was closer to 5k then to 3500. That's a very good estimate. I'm just hoping it's not more then 5k but it won't surprise me if it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000