Secondary clutch disassemble help!

VBosch02

Dec 3, 2010
Bellflower, Ca
Anyone have any advice on how to remove the secondary clutch spring without causing personal injury? I looked online and found that EPI has a tool to assist in the removal but I don’t feel like spending $90 on the tool. Has anyone removed the spring without this tool? What suggestions might you have? Thanks for any help or advice. By the way this is a stock secondary clutch from a 2011 rzr s

Blue Coyote

Jul 31, 2009
Eugene OR
www.NWOffroad.net
Have not done the rzr yet but it is similar to others. That spring is under a LOT of pressure - you might be able to get it off with out injuring yourself without the tool, but tool is needed to re-assemble. $90 is less than my copay at the hospital when that cover comes off... You can make one out of threaded rod, a few nuts and some metal scrap. Take a look at the ones that are for sale and duplicate.

Slacker

La Familia
Apr 1, 2012
Bakersfield
Yep, that spring has enough power behind it to make you sorry if you do it wrong man. If you can properly improvise a tool then spend the cash. You can use it again or hock it for a loss. My AC dealer before I moved was an awesome guy and would let me use special tools after hours. Option?

Brian lee Rhino450

Mar 7, 2013
Tuscola tx. BFE
JBS has a vid on youtube. I did it on my rhino last week just use stock wheel ontop of washer kneel down and press on wheel to compress spring the impact the nut off. I put it on the same way. They say make sure u get 2 full rotations on the nut befor u torque it dawn [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YyppwPyNp8&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]How to change a secondary spring without the tool - YouTube[/ame]

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000