SDR1 Build: Stage I

Wild Earp

50Fifty Racer - UTVUnderground Approved
i have a peter d radiator on my rhino works great i have my fan running all the time and my temps would be 180-200 some times 215 on a hot day... on my new setup the console is a wind tunnel so should be better getting air flow on that big hot motor sitting beside me...
Are those temps on the stock dash, or an aftermarket water temp gauge?

roostingrhino

Roost That Rhino - UTVUnderground Approved
Jun 21, 2009
they are on the stock r1 dash. i think its pretty accurate. it got over 230 when i got it running the first time. had a air bubble in the system which i bled out...

droptchevy

Twisted SR1 - UTVUnderground Approved
Dec 9, 2009
What did you change on the R1 that requires the power commander? Ive been hearing that the stock tune has been fine even when adding a different exhaust. I think it was Jason from Weller that told me they havent had any problems with the stock tune. I added Shanes velocity stacks and will be having a custom stainless exhaust made, so I may end up running shanes version of the power commander if needed. We will see how she rips once its on the dyno. Still waiting on parts though, what a drag.

Wild Earp

Holy crap! Weller should have sent a disclaimer with this SR1 kit! This thing is rediculous!!! I don't think I'll ever get that first ride out of my head. Crazy fast, and such an adictive powerband!!! It's official, project SDR1 has tasted dirt, and mikey likes it!!

I'm running step tube headers, and a free flow filter setup. I ran it a little with the stock tune and it was way off down low. I am having a hard time getting my computer to communicate with the power commander, so I ran it with the map that was on there already(used), as it was really close to the one I was going to use as a starting point anyways, and it was alot better than the stock tune.

Sick fast, way fun, and very intense. Night and day difference from any rhino I've ever been in!!!

450grl

The First Lady of SXS - UTVUnderground Approved
Mar 15, 2009
Ben - I still remember my first drive in mine!! The cool thing is, so far it still feels like that every time I hit the track! Congrats on your first run - can't wait to have you out there with us!!

LSRGreg

#877 SR1 UTV - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 26, 2009
Yeah! are you going to be racing in Vegas on the 22nd???
G-

Wild Earp

Not much as far as updates. Minimal time and money has meant slow progress, but SDR is finishing up everything right now. List of todos: Finish aluminum work (firewall), rock screen, lower seat mounts, new rear shock setup, redo exhaust, install and plumb peter D radiator..

And need a new wheel/tire combo. The little 25" 4-speeds just cant put the power of the R1 to the ground.

After that, motor tuning and a day with Fox in the desert, and we should be ready to go. Vegas is possible, but well see.

Thanks for the interest guys. I should have some new pictures of the car next week.

Rashid

Jun 26, 2015
Dear gents
Talking about R1 hum let's talk about monster like Zx14 power plant rzr4 custom by me with quiefe rev box no chain. Pic attached. Also I have mini austin with hayabusa turbo with transwork rev box pls need ur comments

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000