SCORE UTV Championship decided by unearned finish points!!!

dnf736

Retired - And Still UTVUNderground Approved!!!!
Jan 15, 2009
Alpine, CA
Like you have less drama than this in short course ?!
As long as the racing is clean 14 laps over & done. Right or wrong the topic of this thread should have been handled in a more professional and timely manner, not 2 months after the "fact" but what do know? I'm just a peewee dad. ;)

Kalop

XP900
May 3, 2013
Ad Hominem. Cool, a new word to confuse people with. You must loan it to me so I can sound smart next time i get into a "smackdown".
It sounded better at the time than personal bull-sh!t argument with no basis of fact. :D

badassmav

Jun 11, 2013
Jamul
Lol. He did defy that order on lap 7. So why quit on lap 8
Because TT's were on the course giving rides to kids on lap 8. They weren't so prevalent on lap 7, and the reason Marc wanted to out for both laps is that HE WANTED TO FINISH THE RACE.

badassmav

Jun 11, 2013
Jamul
Enjoy your Championship! It should have an asterisk next to it.

Reid, You basing your finish on your average speed up to that point is the dumbest thing I have ever heard of. Anything and everything can happen in off road racing. Case and point.....Cory Sappington breaking within eyesight of the finish.

Clearly nobody here cares about Professionalism in racing as long as the "bending of rules" helps them or their manufacture.

I didn't expect anything to change, just wanted to bring awareness to the situation.

I'm done with this subject! Looking forward to watching next season play out.

Bud.
No, your screen name should have an asterisk next to it that reads, "Witch hunter"

Reid, You basing your finish on your average speed up to that point is the dumbest thing I have ever heard of. Even dumber than the bank robber who wrote his stick up note on the back side of one of his personal checks, that just happened to be with the branch that he was trying to rob?Anything and everything can happen in off road racing. Case and point.....Cory Sappington breaking within eyesight of the finish. Cory was racing, and anything can happen when racing. Marc was on an 8 lap, 30 mph sightseeing tour that, based on the first 7 laps, or 85% of the race, he could have slowed down another 30% and still finished in time.
Honestly Buddy, if you were a betting man, would you bet that a professional race car driver in a stock UTV with less than a 1,000 miles on it and a new drive belt that was installed just 56 miles earlier, would not have been able to go just 8 more miles, at the same 30 mph avg. pace, across the exact same terrain that he just navigated 7 times without breaking the car or crashing out?

Clearly nobody here cares about Professionalism in racing as long as the "bending of rules" helps them or their manufacture.
Honestly now Buddy, do you think if it were any other team than us at that moment, in those exact same conditions, that SCORE would have sent them out on another lap of racing when spectators were occupying the race course? Nobody "bent" any rules. The race director made a unilateral decision to call the race due to the fact that:
-the previous 7 laps were consistent to the point that the 8th lap would have been completed within the allotted time.
-we were the only car left on the course
, and there were no finishing positions to be lost or gained by stopping the event at that point, AND
-there was recreational activity on the course, and spectator safety became an issue.

-As a race director, he reserves the right to stop the race at any time he deems necessary for any reasons that he deems valid.
I didn't expect anything to change, just wanted to bring awareness to the situation.
You already brought awareness to the situation in previous threads. Now, you start your own libelous thread only to continue on with the same details and false accusations you already made prior.
Make sure to keep that fine toothed comb handy. And a Costco sized drum of Hater-ade.

You're smoking too much Bud. :D

Attachments

rupert14

Raber Racing - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 14, 2010
At the SS300 in 2011 I was the last moving car on the track, and hat two pits to go. It was cold, dark, and everyone wanted to go home. Casey told me to make the next pit and let everyone go home as tempatures were dropping into the low 30's. He did not want to risk having us stuck in the desert in the cold. As luck would have it, we broke down and were stranded 5 miles before the next pit. Yes he would have given us a finish, yes someone would have complained if it chang d the championship, yes I would be pissed if I were in your shoes, but as long as the decision was made to keep the event going or for safety reasons, then we cant do anything about it. Tough breaks for sure, but things like this do happen.

cek

Yakima my Yakima - UTVUnderground Approved
Jul 12, 2009
Yakima, WA
No, your screen name should have an asterisk next to it that reads, "Witch hunter"

Reid, You basing your finish on your average speed up to that point is the dumbest thing I have ever heard of. Even dumber than the bank robber who wrote his stick up note on the back side of one of his personal checks, that just happened to be with the branch that he was trying to rob?Anything and everything can happen in off road racing. Case and point.....Cory Sappington breaking within eyesight of the finish. Cory was racing, and anything can happen when racing. Marc was on an 8 lap, 30 mph sightseeing tour that, based on the first 7 laps, or 85% of the race, he could have slowed down another 30% and still finished in time.
Honestly Buddy, if you were a betting man, would you bet that a professional race car driver in a stock UTV with less than a 1,000 miles on it and a new drive belt that was installed just 56 miles earlier, would not have been able to go just 8 more miles, at the same 30 mph avg. pace, across the exact same terrain that he just navigated 7 times without breaking the car or crashing out?

Honestly now Buddy, do you think if it were any other team than us at that moment, in those exact same conditions, that SCORE would have sent them out on another lap of racing when spectators were occupying the race course? Nobody "bent" any rules. The race director made a unilateral decision to call the race due to the fact that:
-the previous 7 laps were consistent to the point that the 8th lap would have been completed within the allotted time.
-we were the only car left on the course
, and there were no finishing positions to be lost or gained by stopping the event at that point, AND
-there was recreational activity on the course, and spectator safety became an issue.

-As a race director, he reserves the right to stop the race at any time he deems necessary for any reasons that he deems valid.
You already brought awareness to the situation in previous threads. Now, you start your own libelous thread only to continue on with the same details and false accusations you already made prior.
Make sure to keep that fine toothed comb handy. And a Costco sized drum of Hater-ade.

You're smoking too much Bud. :D
I don't know you but you should take the high road. You do it need to justify anything to anyone. Congrats on the championship.

the stripping shop

RACER - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 29, 2009
peoria,Az
www.strippingshop.com
at last years parker 150 we got finishing points but did not race every mile. we were past mid way in time but casey felt we were going to come into late so he had is one of his guys drive us down shea road to the end and finish the race cutting about 30 miles out. yes Bitd/casey made that decision if its there race they can do what they want.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000