SCORE UTV Championship decided by unearned finish points!!!

badassmav

Jun 11, 2013
Jamul
I agree with Bill that SCORE was wrong in misrepresenting our laps completed and/or finishing time. Tonight is the first time Marc or I became aware that they did that. I don't know why they felt it was necessary. The rulebook clearly states that the race stewart reserves the right to do what he did.

Yes, i agree that the judgement used here was poor, but the poor judgement call was made way before stopping Marc from taking his 8th lap. The poor judgement call was made when SCORE started sending kids out for trophy truck rides on a green race track when a competitor who was still racing had 2 more laps to go. I guess that's why they tried holding Marc back from going out on his 7th lap also. The fact is, that our car was running the same as it was at the start, and as of the finish of lap 7, we still had plenty of time to complete all 8 laps within the allotted time.

Look shitslinger and fmf, you are barking up the wrong tree. We didn't ask to not go back out, and fought it to the best of our ability when they held us back. I clearly made that point in our last exchange, yet here we are again. If I can see the future, what? You are an idiot, Buddy. You are all alone atop a cold mountain on this one, yelling at the sky, and no one can hear your plea. It is without foundation, and badly misdirected. In nearly 4 years of membership here, you have amassed only 36 posts. 23, or a whopping 64% of them slanderous ones toward Marc. Why don't you and fmf just admit that for some reason, you have an agenda to discredit Marc and my hard fought efforts in successfully clinching the class 1900 SCORE points championship for 2014. BS is the one who lost the points title, and you don't see him sniveling and reaching for straws. He simply gave his opinion on the facts as he believes them to be.

How's that face feeling now? By the way, you never stated what team, if any, you are with. At least when I smack, I don't hide behind the anonymity of a keyboard, and I certainly don't pull things out of my ass to validate my point.

mearsman

Nov 2, 2011
And Marc didn't tow Cory across the line you asshat, he got out his car and helped a fellow competitor by pushing him across the finish line.
Dude your a juvenile dipshit, go read your comic books pony boy

facteryfmf

Looking For a Few Good Men - UTVUnderground Approv
Feb 8, 2009
Phoenix
And Marc didn't tow Cory across the line you asshat, he got out his car and helped a fellow competitor by pushing him across the finish line.
Dude your a juvenile dipshit, go read your comic books pony boy
lol what's the difference if he towed him or pushed him? Essentially a random vehicle came out of the pits and pushed a car across the finish. Marc was already finished with the race. It clearly states in the rules that the occupants must push the race car the final mile.

Kalop

XP900
May 3, 2013
lol what's the difference if he towed him or pushed him? Essentially a random vehicle came out of the pits and pushed a car across the finish. Marc was already finished with the race. It clearly states in the rules that the occupants must push the race car the final mile.

What's the point ?

Markflexes

Tear It Up 2011 RZR XP
Feb 28, 2012
Peoria, AZ
Anybody who had a dog in this fight and had a problem with it should have taken it up with SCORE at the time of, or directly after the incident. Bringing it up now is lame.
It was taken up with SCORE after the race and concerns were raised. However, the point is moot now.

Clearly a poor judgment made by SCORE officials. Like it or not it's done and SCORE would probably like a redo knowing the ramifications their decision would have on a points championship.

As the cliché says, it is what it is and the 1905 is the 2014 overall points champion. Congrats to their team.

SiltSifter

May 1, 2011
Enjoy your Championship! It should have an asterisk next to it.

Reid, You basing your finish on your average speed up to that point is the dumbest thing I have ever heard of. Anything and everything can happen in off road racing. Case and point.....Cory Sappington breaking within eyesight of the finish.

Clearly nobody here cares about Professionalism in racing as long as the "bending of rules" helps them or their manufacture.

I didn't expect anything to change, just wanted to bring awareness to the situation.

I'm done with this subject! Looking forward to watching next season play out.

Bud.

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
Bud, your beef is with SCORE. Take it up with them. Why is it the racers fault that SCORE did what they did!? Do you NOT read what REID said, they wanted to do all laps, were on pace to complete all laps and SCORE SAID NO because they had whatever what was more important than finishing a race to get going on. THE BEEF IS WITH SCORE!

You have spent so much time complaining and trying to bash Marc, Reid and their 1905 program over this deal. I am curious if you would like to share what your email to SCORE and Roger said? Mind posting your protest letter here? What is it you told SCORE, what was their response to you, and did YOU EVEN BRING THIS UP WITH SCORE?

Look, I appreciate the posts, the traffic and yeah, a little drama never hurt no one but come on man. Why does this have to re-hash itself months / weeks after the event.

No one likes to feel cheated, but you make it seem as if Marc did this on purpose?

Kalop

XP900
May 3, 2013
SCORE rules were broken.
Ok ... so who bears the burden of responsibility for enforcing the rules?

Guys this sounds like Monday night quarter backing... couple you guys are all pissing and moaning about a foul (or debatable foul) ... and your upset your team didn't win, (and its debatable whether the foul would have even made a difference on final outcome) when you should be pissed off at the referee and/or NFL.

I still see no beef with Marc, Reid or driving team. If a SCORE official ordered Marc to stop racing, you think he should defy that order and continue?

I see any/all possible/potential issues with Score.

What am I missing here?

facteryfmf

Looking For a Few Good Men - UTVUnderground Approv
Feb 8, 2009
Phoenix
Ok ... so who bears the burden of responsibility for enforcing the rules?

Guys this sounds like Monday night quarter backing... couple you guys are all pissing and moaning about a foul (or debatable foul) ... and your upset your team didn't win, (and its debatable whether the foul would have even made a difference on final outcome) when you should be pissed off at the referee and/or NFL.

I still see no beef with Marc, Reid or driving team. If a SCORE official ordered Marc to stop racing, you think he should defy that order and continue?

I see any/all possible/potential issues with Score.

What am I missing here?

Lol. He did defy that order on lap 7. So why quit on lap 8

tatum

Hans Solo - 2009 UTV Baja 500 & 1000 Winner - UTVU
Feb 10, 2009
arizona
Enjoy your Championship! It should have an asterisk next to it.

Reid, You basing your finish on your average speed up to that point is the dumbest thing I have ever heard of. Anything and everything can happen in off road racing. Case and point.....Cory Sappington breaking within eyesight of the finish.

Clearly nobody here cares about Professionalism in racing as long as the "bending of rules" helps them or their manufacture.

I didn't expect anything to change, just wanted to bring awareness to the situation.

I'm done with this subject! Looking forward to watching next season play out.

Bud.
Please read Joey's post and take the crying to SCORE! This was already hashed over and your only purpose of starting this thread was to diminish their title over something they had no control over. SCORE prevented them from continuing even though they had time. I'm not sure what you dont understand about that.

Whattha

Apr 21, 2014
Dumbest thread on the underground. Why even feed into this guy? Has he stated who he is or what team he's from? Sounds like a coward sitting behind a keyboard just looking to stir shit up. Season is over. 1905 won the championship. Shut up whining about it. Sorry "Bud" you must be mad you didn't get your participation trophy. Maybe you can go to the boys and girls club and they will listen to your cool story over there....../thread

dnf736

Retired - And Still UTVUNderground Approved!!!!
Jan 15, 2009
Alpine, CA
Wow, is this what I get to look forward to as we move towards desert? #drama :rolleyes: can't wait

mearsman

Nov 2, 2011
Careful mike he likes to spill the stout in your hair first thing int the morning!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000