SCORE IMPERIAL VALLEY 250, APRIL 2014

NIKAL

May 13, 2012
Markers Blowing down has always been an issue in PC. The winds can & will blow like crazy in PC / Superstition. Dont leave your RV awning out & unattended! It was common for MDR to have to go back out and pound a few more stakes the morning of the race. Tweekers taking markers in Barstow? Maybe. PC not as likely, especially since the desert has been closed since last Sunday.

One other thing to take into consideration. MDR & FUD knew this, but a series like Score who really doesn't know PC has to learn, you cant mark a course every half mile or mile like the normally would. MDR would pound hundreds of stakes on a 45 mile loop. In PC you have so many trails its easy to get off course or "get creative". You almost need to mark the course so you can see the next set of markers as you are passing a set. Several years ago I got one of my sponsors to donate to MDR, bundles & bundles of wood stakes to mark the course, and rebar for marking off the start/finish & tech areas. I was surprised how quickly they went though all those wood stakes.

I wish we were racing our car at the race, but due to additional expenses not expected in getting the car ready, the higher then expected entry fee, and then to top it off the the 1 lap reduction. I could not justify racing this race. Way to much money for what little racing we would see.

Weather In Ocotillo for Friday 90/57 with winds up to 26mph. Saturday 73/54 with winds up to 22mph.

badassmav

Jun 11, 2013
Jamul
We were testing and pre-running there yesterday. The infield, or short course section that lies on Marty's property is definitely going to throw a twist into race strategy for the desert racing only teams like ourselves. Marc is still not sure how he is going to play it there. Lots of spectators cheering for air there! A trophy truck extravaganza compliments of SCORE!
If that was you wearing the black and orange riding gear on that shiny, spiffy KTM later in the afternoon Matt, we saw you. If so, Marc was behind you in one of our pre-runners.
We can't stress hard enough that it is going to be a navigators race. Be sure your co-drivers study hard, and pay attention to the gps, whilst you do the driving ahead! Dunes you say? Marc says some long and soft sandy uphills.
Be sure to check us out at the IV mall tonight. Marc will be putting on his http://freestylemx.com/tour there. That's always a fun, and exciting event
CYATR :)!

Bajaxp

SXS Racer Extraordinaire - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 21, 2010
OC
I was there in the afternoon, but my riding gear is not orange and black (it is white and black) and my KTM isn't too shiney. High mileage 450 exc. I never saw any Mav's on the course when I was out there.

az_amsoil

Amsoil Arizona - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 22, 2009
Doesn't Polaris sponsor SCORE? Bad day for them!

transcribed by carrier pigeon for tapatalk

az_amsoil

Jan 22, 2009
I want to puncture my eardrums out so I can't hear George anymore...STFU!

az_amsoil

Jan 22, 2009
Congrats on the sweep!

badassmav

Jun 11, 2013
Jamul
BAM!
Polaris Schlomaris. Another awesome outing for the Monster Mav and Can Am! Better throw some more scratch in the game guys, cause baja is going to hurt!
Look, I only smack so hard because it is self redeeming for me to enjoy what I knew last year to be the capabilities of our efforts, and be ignored for it. I would like to think that a newcomer in my world, no matter how crass, would be acknowledged by me, for the threat that they represent. Im kinda afraid of the threat that Branden Simms represents. Although he is not arrogant and annoying like me, it is besides the point. I am very aware of his ability to compete out of the box, and will never underestimate his ability to jump in and steal a chunk of our success. Think it is awesome for Can am to invest so little, relatively speaking, and get so much in return for it. As long as teams continue to bolt over the counter kits to their custom chassis, we will continue to prosper. I really hope to share with everyone how the basics of performance engineering is not inaccessible to them,and that applying it can only net positive results. I remain grounded as to how insignificant what we are achieving is, given the state of the world that we enjoy. I hope to continue to share and gain support in my postings. you don't have to like me, but you can no longer ignore! Ha here!!

jaggedx

Jagged X - Official UTVUnderground Sponsor
Jan 14, 2010
www.jaggedx.com
Congrats to the can am teams, nice work!
Unfortunately a small prep oversight cost us about 90 minutes early in the day,
Sure would have rather been battling in the mix!

See everyone in Vegas!

facteryfmf

Looking For a Few Good Men - UTVUnderground Approv
Feb 8, 2009
Phoenix
Branden and I have been racing UTVs since 2006/2007 together. Hes not short on any UTV experience. He knows what it takes first hand. Hes ran up front since the whiplash days.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000