SCORE IMPERIAL VALLEY 250, APRIL 2014

Markflexes

Tear It Up 2011 RZR XP
Feb 28, 2012
Peoria, AZ
Congrats to the Can Am teams for a job well done. Those cars looked solid all day.

Like BSJX explained the #1932 had a set back early and despite Matt and Jasons efforts to drive the wheels off the car the remainder of the way it was just too much time to make up.

Despite the less than stellar outcome this time, the JX team are a bunch of good people and a blast to be around. I am grateful to participate with them and look forward to the upcoming challenge they call the SCORE Baja 500.

COGNITO

Cognito Motorsports - Official UTVUnderground Spon
Apr 30, 2009
Nice work to the brp teams! Competition is good! Good work badassmav

badassmav

Jun 11, 2013
Jamul
Nice work to the brp teams! Competition is good! Good work badassmav
Thanks Justin. We are definitely riding a wave. Wish we could race you guys at the SS300, but we are focusing on the SCORE championship. Besides, I'm the guy who wears all the hats and I just don't have any time in the day left over! Can't even find the time to start work on our 4 seater.. I'm glad yours is coming along well. It looks great! Hopefully, you wont have too many teething pains, and achieve results right out of the box. Still a Polaris Schlomaris though:D!!

badassmav

Jun 11, 2013
Jamul
Congrats to the can am teams, nice work!
Unfortunately a small prep oversight cost us about 90 minutes early in the day,
Sure would have rather been battling in the mix!

See everyone in Vegas!
We share in your disappointment that you couldn't race us for position. Doesn't make for a hollow finish, but we'd be much happier beating you in the dirt instead of on the shop floor.

badassmav

Jun 11, 2013
Jamul
Branden and I have been racing UTVs since 2006/2007 together. Hes not short on any UTV experience. He knows what it takes first hand. Hes ran up front since the whiplash days.
You sure are an argumentative fellow, aren't you?

apexin

Apr 15, 2011
Arizona
Congrats to all the teams that ran and to the Murrays, Monster team and Desert Toyz, great job guys. You guys are right, without the Polaris effort, most of these UTV's would still be a sideshow to the rest of the racing but Polaris and Jagged X stepped it up and we all owe them for their efforts. Yes, a hollow victory, but still a victory for the BRP teams. If you think back, if the JX team finishes and doesn't have any BIG problems, they are hard to beat so better luck next time (although you don't need it!!!) The BRP teams do this on a shoestring and mostly by themselves. Its hard to get any real factory tips from a bunch of French speaking engineers in Quebec, although, they are getting better each and every year. The Mav guys are just that, Mavericks that like to go down their own path. Keep it up, everybody loves an underdog.

badassmav

Jun 11, 2013
Jamul
Simply just letting you know he isnt a rookie
I did not mean to refer to him as a rookie, nor did I say that. When I called him a "new comer", I was referring to the fact that he is not a regular participant in the events and series that we race in. That's all.
Conversely speaking, I believe my post paid him compliments. Let me clarify my point of view regarding Branden Simms:
Baja not withstanding, and all things being equal (i.e. no flats, breakdowns, etc.), I believe his package can beat ours on any given day, based on the finish and video coverage from this years Mint 400. I believe that his car handles better than ours, enough that it makes up for the driving abilitiies that we excel in. By Baja, I will have made adjustments to our suspension that will hopefully equal out that inbalance. Baja is ours!!

PickupTrucker

Dec 20, 2013
Duvall, Washington
This is great I love it!! I love the battling brands, especially since I don't know what my favorite is yet. I wish we could see some arctic cats getting up there though too!!

badassmav

Jun 11, 2013
Jamul
I hear rumor that there will be NO penalties assessed for VCP violations incurred at the IV 250 race. The results at the end of the race should stand. The new rule in desert racing penalties is if everyone complains, no one get penalized. Haha!

But seriously, if the race organizers want to lay down a penalty system, they really need to be able to clearly and concisely enforce it with reliable data, and be willing to share that technology with the participants. It is unfortunate that those who do their homework and follow the course rules, lose the advantage that they gained in doing so, when missing checkpoints during the event is not penalized. I'm guessing that the pressure on Roger from the BLM not to disturb areas adjacent to the race course was a factor in the large number of VCP's. I wonder how things will be different in the T.B.A. event later in the year.

Bajaxp

SXS Racer Extraordinaire - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 21, 2010
OC
I hear rumor that there will be NO penalties assessed for VCP violations incurred at the IV 250 race. The results at the end of the race should stand. The new rule in desert racing penalties is if everyone complains, no one get penalized. Haha!

But seriously, if the race organizers want to lay down a penalty system, they really need to be able to clearly and concisely enforce it with reliable data, and be willing to share that technology with the participants. It is unfortunate that those who do their homework and follow the course rules, lose the advantage that they gained in doing so, when missing checkpoints during the event is not penalized. I'm guessing that the pressure on Roger from the BLM not to disturb areas adjacent to the race course was a factor in the large number of VCP's. I wonder how things will be different in the T.B.A. event later in the year.
I agree! And it made pre-running a waste of time.

Factory UTV

FUTV - Official UTVUnderground Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Sacramento Ca
www.factoryutv.net
I did not mean to refer to him as a rookie, nor did I say that. When I called him a "new comer", I was referring to the fact that he is not a regular participant in the events and series that we race in. That's all.
Conversely speaking, I believe my post paid him compliments. Let me clarify my point of view regarding Branden Simms:
Baja not withstanding, and all things being equal (i.e. no flats, breakdowns, etc.), I believe his package can beat ours on any given day, based on the finish and video coverage from this years Mint 400. I believe that his car handles better than ours, enough that it makes up for the driving abilitiies that we excel in. By Baja, I will have made adjustments to our suspension that will hopefully equal out that inbalance. Baja is ours!!
I think it's the Factory UTV skidplates that give Simms the advantage over the badassmav...Oh wait, your both equipped with them, nevermind :)

Bajaxp

SXS Racer Extraordinaire - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 21, 2010
OC
Ahem...it is Thursday, where are the results?
:mad:

badassmav

Jun 11, 2013
Jamul
I think it's the Factory UTV skidplates that give Simms the advantage over the badassmav...Oh wait, your both equipped with them, nevermind :)
I can't say enough about those Factory UTV skid plates. Speaking of which, I'll be sending you out plates for reproduction next week. There will be 2 new, smaller "guards" I will need for the front cv's as well. I'll call you early next week.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000