SCORE IMPERIAL VALLEY 250, APRIL 2014

calstyl2

Hammer Rescue Pilot
Dec 22, 2011
Cherry Valley, CA
Pretty sure the 21 will race, they are local and have a big base of fans there, Herbst maybe, Rob Mac might pass for the Torc race on the East Coast the same day. But I expect about 125-150 racers, bikes and quads included.

Doing all the on course rescue and recovery, new area for us.

Rusty5150

UTVUG PHOTOG
Jan 9, 2009
Pro Utv entry fee.

SCORE IV166 (2 laps) entry fee $1890. $11.38 per mile. Average speed of 30mph ($341) per hour for 5.53 hours.

BITD SS300 entry fee $850. $2.83 per mile

SCORE Baja 1000, if you apply the same per mile cost as the IV166 the entry fee would be $11,380.

Am I missing something? Who would pay that much to race 166 miles?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
I love that racing is returning to IV. I hate the timing and the fact that the last thing we needed was another race added to an already over jammed schedule.

Im on the fence for attending myself. I would like to provide coverage for sure but like the racers I too have to justify the cost. Im struggling with that right now.

badassmav

Jun 11, 2013
Jamul
:eek: Here comes another rant, so haters' need not read further.
So, is Baja a bargain, or IV a rip-off? I believe that drawing exposure to a sport is a good thing (CBS coverage). Commercializing it is something different all together (covering only the top classes). Make no mistake about it, that it is because of the money that Polaris contributes, as well as Joey and Mad Media's involvement, that the 1900 class is growing as strong as it has been :).
The sport of off road racing grew stronger in the late 80's when SCORE /HDRA gainednational exposure through ESPN's "Speedworld" coverage of their series. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iGKi3bfb7E
How awesome was that? ESPN offered "equal opportunity" coverage of these classic races. They would start with class 1's and class 8's, and an hour later, after the last commercial break, they made it all the way to the challenger class. Maybe someone can chime in to confirm, but I think the entry fee's then were about 650 bucks for any class, any race (except the Challenger class. They got a discount). Everybody had the "opportunity" to be able to race.
Skip to today. The direction that SCORE is heading is away from Joe Lunch-bucket's house, and into a neighborhood where money is the name of the game. I have not yet seen CBS's coverage of SCORE's events, but I will be willing to bet that it will not be equal opportunity coverage. All the masses seem to care about anymore is TT's and 1's, and that's what SCORE is pimping. Fame, fortune, and speed. Lots of it. What happened to family, fun, and adventure? The team jerseys, semi's, and dark sunglasses are all to abundant in SCORE's pit area for the grass roots guys to survive, and the monetary "hemmoraging" has only begun. Blatantly, I might add. Although I was a truck guy back in the day, I enjoyed ALL of the classes, and wouldn't pack up until the last Challenger cars and class 11's came through. Me and my brother were the two "Boonie-Loonies" by the camp fire, in the middle of no-where, at RM whatever, cheering on the last class 11 bug limping in at 3 a.m. Make no mistake here, we were offered the sunglasses and semi's, but opted for the bonfires and Budweiser instead :D.
Rusty, I'm assuming that your question, "Am I missing something?" was a rhetorrical one. I always see the dark side of things first, but the direction that Roger is taking the SCORE series in seems to be pretty well lit to me. C'mon, qualifying in Las Vegas (conveniently, during SEMA week) for a race that is nearly 7 days and 500 miles away? A family sport off-road racing is NOT!
Yeah, I know. I'm an old fart :mad:, and I refuse to change with the times.

calstyl2

Hammer Rescue Pilot
Dec 22, 2011
Cherry Valley, CA
Here is what I am feeling, the top tier teams are not worried about series championships, they are racing events that they wanna win and not racing a whole series, SCORE class champion is nice but most would rather have a Mint 400, Baja 500 or 1000 trophy over class champion trophy. The Moto's have fully left SCORE other than a few private teams. BITD has pulled a whole lot of lower budget teams to their series. With BITD and SCORE pulling teams back and forth both series are competing and frankly, BITD seems to pull more cars, maybe based on the costs.
The 500 and 1000 will always be the premier races for SCORE, the rest is gonna have to be built up from the ground level. I had hope that Moapa was gonna it but they (HDRA) got hung up on some issues they couldnt get fixed.

Apr 6, 2013
Pro Utv entry fee.

SCORE IV166 (2 laps) entry fee $1890. $11.38 per mile. Average speed of 30mph ($341) per hour for 5.53 hours.

BITD SS300 entry fee $850. $2.83 per mile

SCORE Baja 1000, if you apply the same per mile cost as the IV166 the entry fee would be $11,380.

Am I missing something? Who would pay that much to race 166 miles?
agree that's why many top bikes left.. its not a secret that RN doesn't like them.. not sure if it was for his accident with one of them or what.. but yeap we the handlebar classes are getting eliminated.. really sad..
:eek: Here comes another rant, so haters' need not read further.
Maybe someone can chime in to confirm, but I think the entry fee's then were about 650 bucks for any class, any race (except the Challenger class. They got a discount). Everybody had the "opportunity" to be able to race.
Skip to today. The direction that SCORE is heading is away from Joe Lunch-bucket's house, and into a neighborhood where money is the name of the game. I have not yet seen CBS's coverage of SCORE's events, but I will be willing to bet that it will not be equal opportunity coverage. All the masses seem to care about anymore is TT's and 1's, and that's what SCORE is pimping. Fame, fortune, and speed. Lots of it. What happened to family, fun, and adventure? The team jerseys, semi's, and dark sunglasses are all to abundant in SCORE's pit area for the grass roots guys to survive, and the monetary "hemmoraging" has only begun. Blatantly, I might add. Although I was a truck guy back in the day, I enjoyed ALL of the classes, and wouldn't pack up until the last Challenger cars and class 11's came through. Me and my brother were the two "Boonie-Loonies" by the camp fire, in the middle of no-where, at RM whatever, cheering on the last class 11 bug limping in at 3 a.m. Make no mistake here, we were offered the sunglasses and semi's, but opted for the bonfires and Budweiser instead :D.
Rusty, I'm assuming that your question, "Am I missing something?" was a rhetorrical one. I always see the dark side of things first, but the direction that Roger is taking the SCORE series in seems to be pretty well lit to me. C'mon, qualifying in Las Vegas (conveniently, during SEMA week) for a race that is nearly 7 days and 500 miles away? A family sport off-road racing is NOT!
Yeah, I know. I'm an old fart :mad:, and I refuse to change with the times.
your correct. I asked one of the main guys when RN got the owner ship of Score , if they would still honor the Sal Fish moto :" if you have a car, and it passes inspection, will let you race it"

that its out the window...

now the only want $$ and screw the small classes...

What's the car count of pre registered racers at right now?
86 vehicles in total.. and 8 in the 1900 class

I hope the 500 the handle bar class comes out and represent..

Bajaxp

SXS Racer Extraordinaire - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 21, 2010
OC
I don't know why I am the magnet for the complaints, but here is a clear definition of the race course from SCORE. If you deviate you will be penalized!

COURSE COMPLIANCE PENALTY INFORMATION
[FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial] The data generated from the SCORE tracking devices will verify course compliance by providing detailed information for the review of all course deviations and speed zone compliance. There are 136 virtual checkpoints (VCP’s). In addition, there are five on-course visual checkpoint locations:
[/FONT]
[/FONT] Ck 1 - Rm 15 Ck 2 - Rm 26 Ck 3 - Rm 33 Ck 4 - Rm 44 Ck 5 - Rm 65
[FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial] The penalty for failure to clear a visual checkpoint is disqualification. There are 5 visual checkpoints per lap plus start/finish, and 136 Virtual Checkpoints (VCP’s) as of April 13th. The standard penalty for failure to clear a VCP within 50 feet is 10 minutes. The time penalty will increase as the deviation increases. Virtual Checkpoint locations are GPS waypoints that serve the same purposes as traditional manned physical checkpoints. It is essential to race using the official GPS course file - check for updates on the SCORE website prior to this event. [/FONT][/FONT]You must follow the GPS course and stay on raceline at all times to avoid penalties for course deviations!
[FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial] Each VCP location is marked on the official GPS file. Each is also physically marked on the ground with an orange pole or stake with VCP sign and ribbon. (Ground markings not guaranteed to be there on race day)
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

badassmav

Jun 11, 2013
Jamul
:eek: WILL YOUR TEAM BE THE ONE?
Marc feels certain that due to the excessive number of tight turns, within short distances, and in more than one section of the course, and the fact that there is not yet any racing groove(s) in place to go by, that there will be penalties assessed for teams that violated the VCP rule. The race could very well come down to the navigational abilities of the co-drivers, and how well they communicate with their drivers. The suggestion here is to do your homework and take full advantage of the pre-run access granted to you by SCORE.
F.Y.I., it was 97 degrees out there yesterday! Good luck guy's, 'cause it aint gonna be easy!!! Don't let the short mileage of the race fool you.

Markflexes

Tear It Up 2011 RZR XP
Feb 28, 2012
Peoria, AZ
Might catch a break on the weather? According to futurecast the El Centro area is expected to be cooler than normal Saturday. High of 75 and low of 52 with some overcast. Should be pretty cool (maybe even cold) at Go time? If accurate it should make for great race conditions. Good luck and safe ops race teams.

:eek: WILL YOUR TEAM BE THE ONE?
Marc feels certain that due to the excessive number of tight turns, within short distances, and in more than one section of the course, and the fact that there is not yet any racing groove(s) in place to go by, that there will be penalties assessed for teams that violated the VCP rule. The race could very well come down to the navigational abilities of the co-drivers, and how well they communicate with their drivers. The suggestion here is to do your homework and take full advantage of the pre-run access granted to you by SCORE.
F.Y.I., it was 97 degrees out there yesterday! Good luck guy's, 'cause it aint gonna be easy!!! Don't let the short mileage of the race fool you.

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
Inaugural SCORE Imperial Valley 250
April 24-27 246.0 miles Plaster City, California, USA
132 Total Entries (as of 4/22/14)
(From 17 US States, Mexico, Austria, Canada, Denmark, Germany)
(By Class Starting Order-as of 4/22/14)
PRO CARS, TRUCKS & UTVs
SCORE TROPHY TRUCK (Unlimited Production Trucks)--
(By Thursday’s Qualifying Order)
1 B.J. Baldwin, Las Vegas, Chevy Silverado
6 Steve Sourapas/Brett Sourapas, Rancho Santa Fe, Calif., Ford F-150
72 Robert Acer, Wilmington, Del./Andrew Becerra, West Covina, Calif., Chevy Silverado
7 Steven Eugenio, Carlsbad, Calif., Chevy Silverado
73 James Lin, Wilmington, Del./Andy Petersen, Banning, Calif., Chevy Silverado
5 Clyde Stacy, Bristol, Va./Carlos Lopez, Tecate, Mexico/Eduardo Laguna, Mexicali, Mexico, Geiser Rally Truck
8 Fidel Galindo, Vista, Calif./Larry Roeseler, Boulevard, Calif., Ford F-150
18 Juan C. Lopez, Tecate, Mexico, Ford Raptor
11 Rob MacCachren, Las Vegas/Andy McMillin, San Diego, Ford F-150
15 Armin Schwarz, Germany/Martin Christensen, Escondido, Calif. (Denmark), BMW XJ-6
21 Gus Vildosola Jr/Gus Vildosola, Mexicali, Mexico, Ford Raptor
88 Sergio Salgado/Joel Serna, Mexicali, Mexico, Chevy Silverado
82 Jessica McMillin/Dan McMillin/Scott McMillin, National City, Calif., Ford F-150
CLASS 1 (Unlimited single or two-seaters)--
(By Thursday’s Qualifying Order)
168 Shelby Reid, Apple Valley, Calif./Daniel Folts, La Habra, Calif., Custom-Chevy
101 Justin Matney, Bristol, Tenn./Kellon Walch, Alamo, Nev., Geiser-Chevy
166 Brady Turner/Larry McCallum, Imperial, Calif., Jimco-Chevy
100 Cody Parkhouse/Brian Parkhouse, Long Beach, Calif., Jimco-Chevy
163 Paul Keller/John Krempp, Henderson, Nev., Jimco-Chevy
156 Richard Boyle, Ridgecrest, Calif., Custom-Chevy
105 Chad Dohrman, Murrieta, Calif., Custom-Chevy
169 Nick Mills/Tony McNeil, Corpus Christi, Texas, Geiser-Chrysler
114 Lyle Bask, Canada, ESM-Ford
CLASS 1/2-1600 (VW-powered, single or two-seaters to 1600cc)--
1636 Christian Celaya, Paradise Valley, Ariz./Aaron Ampudia, Ensenada, Mexico, Alumi Craft
1688 Rodrigo Eldorduy/Ivan Pacheco, Mexicali, Mexico, BajaRacing
1615 Jesus Velez/Victor Lugo, Mexicali, Mexico, PFK
1610 Kevin Price/Brian Tall, Fremont, Calif., Custom
1664 Jonathan Burnworth, Holtville, Calif., Lothringer
1666 Lucas Knecht, Garden Grove, Calif./Brian Johnson, Moreno Valley, Calif., ORAF
1607 Mario Gastelum, El Centro, Calif., Alfa
1677 Quentin Tucker/Brent Peterson, Imperial, Calif., Curry
1608 Rob Archibald, El Cajon, Calif./Cody Agee, Vista, Calif., Mirage
1679 Derek Eugenio, Camarillo, Calif./Jimmy Knuckles, Brawley, Calif., Fraley
1606 Ruben Sanudo Sr/Ruben Sanudo Jr/Brando Sanudo, San Felipe, Mexico, Porter
1676 Joey Reyes/Carlos Arguello, Chula Vista, Calif., Custom
1660 Ray Files/Josh Tieman, Carlsbad, Calif., Custom
1630 Kevin Smith, La Verne, Calif./Sammy Ehrenberg, Las Vegas, Mirage
1600 Ernesto Arambula/Edmundo Fernandez, Ensenada, Mexico, Romo
CLASS 3 (Short wheelbase 4X4)--
303 Chris Wilson, Vista, Calif./Dave Sykes, Del Mar, Calif., Ford Bronco
CLASS 5 (Unlimited VW Baja Bugs)--
509 Arnoldo Gutierrez/Victor Cesena, Mexicali, Mexico
503 Raymond Gray, South Pasadena, Calif.
534 Steven Hall/Joe Jaime/Stan Weiler, Imperial, Calif.
CLASS 5-1600 (1600cc VW Baja Bugs)--
567 Joel Benveniste/Dan Mullen, Lafayette, Calif./Erik Maxfield, Vacaville, Calif.
569 Donald Harper, Palmdale, Calif./Guy Savedra, Henderson, Nev./Wesley Atherton, El Cajon, Calif.
595 Stu Hersey, San Diego/Rick Ponce, Los Angeles
581 David Herrera/Anthony Herrera, Chula Vista, Calif.
551 Eric Garcia/Robert Nieto, Indio, Calif.
CLASS 7 (Open, production mini trucks)--
700 Dan Chamlee, Summerland, Calif., Ford Ranger
721 Chris Taylor, El Centro, Calif., Ford Ranger
701 Brandon Walsh/Donovan Walsh, Encinitas, Calif., Ford Ranger
722 Pete Sohren, Phoenix, Ford Ranger
710 Myles Wyatt, Brawley, Calif., Chevy S-10
CLASS 7SX (Modified, open mini trucks)--
741 James Burman/Dusty Sexton, Heber City, Utah, Ford Ranger
747 Justin Park, Encinitas, Calif., Ford Ranger
749 Eduardo Gonzalez/Eric Gonzalez, Lucerne Valley, Calif., Ford Ranger
CLASS 8 (Full-sized two-wheel drive trucks)--
807 Noah Ostanik/Kevin Guevara, San Diego, Ford F-150
824 Mike Meeks, Marion Texas/Ted Geare, Escondido, Calif., Dodge Ram SRT10
803 Ben Canela, Indio, Calif./Art Peterson, Cathedral City, Calif./Bryant Layton, Lake Elsinore, Calif., Ford F-150
CLASS 10 (Single or two-seaters to 1650cc)--
1016 Cody Robinson, El Centro, Calif./Roberto Romo, Mexicali, Mexico, Racer-Chevy
1068 Cody Reid, Apple Valley, Calif./Corey Goin, Clovis, Calif., Jimco-Chevy
1002 Mark Lawrence, Sunset Beach, Calif./Steve Lawler, Upland, Calif./Joel Liska, Banning, Calif., Chenowth-Chevy
1029 Thomas Bjorstrom/Troy Leezy, San Diego, Tatum-Chevy
1044 Dan Cornwell, Chula Vista, Calif./Tony McLaren, Veneta, Ore., Tatum-Toyota
1098 Shane Scully, Van Nuys, Calif./Igor Dorojinski, Simi Valley, Calif./Elliott Pollack, Chatsworth, Calif., Armada-Chevy
1081 Todd Winslow/Matt Winslow, Clovis, Calif., Alumi Craft-Chevy
1080 Peter Hajas, Wayzata, Minn./Steven Hajas, Delano, Minn., Kreger-Chevy
1005 Cory Brewer, El Cajon, Calif./Joe Laff, Descanso, Calif., Chenowth-Honda
1045 Patrick Dailey, Carlsbad, Calif./Richard Glaszcak, Vista, Calif., Alumi Craft-Chevy
1009 Rafael Navarro IV, Temecula, Calif./Vic Bruckmann, Lemon Grove, Calif., Alumi Craft-Chevy
1056 Johnny Buss/Ron Satter, Northridge, Calif., Jimco-Chevy
1088 Luis Salgado/Tavo Pinuelas, Mexicali, Mexico, Jimco-Honda
1006 Mike Lawrence, Sunset Beach, Calif./Luis Zavala, Banning, Calif., Lawrence-Chevy
1031 Mike Johnson/Mike Majesky, Santa Monica, Calif., Alumi Craft-Chevy
1089 Arnoldo Gutierrez Jr/Alberto Medina, Mexicali, Mexico, Racer-Chevy
1062 J. J. Schnarr/Mike Decker, Incline Village, Nev., AlumiCraft-Chevy
1013 Kevin Carr, San Diego/Miguel Tornel, Jr/Mario Reynoso, Lothringer-VW
SCORE LITES (VW-powered, Limited single-1776cc-or two-seaters-1835cc)--
1288 Caleb Sanden/Cameron Sanden, Imperial, Calif., Curry
1211 Manuel Castro/Craig Smith, Brawley, Calif./Todd Pankratz, El Centro, Calif., Seagrove
TROPHY TRUCK SPEC (unlimited Truck/SUV, stock, sealed V8s)--
872 Jonathan Brenthel/Jordan Brenthel, Newport Beach, Calif., Jamie Galles, Albuquerque, N.M., Chevy Silverado
871 Larry Connor, Centerville, Ohio/Jose Grijalva, Temecula, Calif., Chevy Silverado
841 Taylor Mills, Corpus Christi, Texas/Josh Huff, Escondido, Calif., Chevy Silverado
846 Jose Gomez/Andres Rosas, Mexicali, Mexico, Chevy Silverado
866 Christian Sourapas/Conor Jackson, Rancho Santa Fe, Calif., Chevy Silverado
851 Mitch Edgmon/Cole Edgmon, Imperial Calif., Chevy Silverado
848 Billy Wilson, Corpus Christi, Texas/Dewey Clark/Chad Bunch, BajaLite-Chevy
CLASS 3000 (unlimited Mini-Truck, 2.2/2.4-Liter Ecotec engine)--
3053 Ryan Frisby/David Munoz, Riverside, Calif., Fusion-Chevy
3003 Reid Rutherford/Terry Hawkins, Montrose, Colo., Mason ProRunner-Chevy
3002 Paige Sohren/Nikki Nolan, Phoenix, BajaLite-Chevy
HEAVY METAL (Open Production Trucks, V8 Engines)--
8048 Dan Unsicker/Trevor Klat, San Diego, Chevy Silverado
8036 Carlos Fonseca/Jorge Ortega, Calexico, Calif., Chevy Silverado
CLASS 19 (Limited, Stock 4-wheel Utility Vehicle)--
1944 Scott Estes/Johnny Estes/Frank Estes, Goodyear, Ariz., Kawasaki Teryx
1921 Jamie Kirkpatrick/Kenny Sanford, Olympia, Wash., Polaris 1000
1905 Marc Burnett, Lakeside, Calif./Fernando Flores, San Diego, Can-Am Maverick
1904 Cory Sappington, Peoria, Ariz./Scott Sappington/Donovan Cain, Phoenix, Can-Am Maverick 1000
1949 Alonso Lopez/Hector Jimenez, Murrieta, Calif., Polaris RZR XP900
1930 Sean Cook/Todd Latronica, Escalon, Calif., Polaris RZR XP900
1932 Matt Parks, Newport Beach, Calif./Jason Spiess, Peoria, Ariz., Polaris RZR XP1000
1948 Jose Juarez/Alejandro Zuniga, Chula Vista, Calif., Polaris XP900
1915 Thomas Graves/Idalia Graves, El Cajon, Calif., Richard Morel, Poway, Calif./Nate Martinez, Lakeside, Calif., Polaris RZR900
1917 Derek Murray, Eastvale, Calif./Steve Amarine, Downey, Calif./Monty Aldrich/William Kugel, Can-Am Maverick Max
PRO MOTORCYCLES
OPEN M/C (450cc or more)--
1x Colton Udall, San Clemente, Calif./Mark Samuels, Yucaipa, Calif., Honda CRF450X
77x Ray Dal Soglio/Mike Carter/Zach Vogle, Scottsdale, Ariz., Kawasaki KX450F
4x Ricky Brabec, Oak Hills, Calif./David Pearson, Panaca, Calif./Max Eddy Jr, Barstow, Calif., Kawasaki KX450F
LIMITED M/C (449cc or less)--
113x Rick de la Pena, Rancho Cucamonga/Austin Miller, Dripping Springs, Texas/Rene Magana, San Ysidro, Calif./Paul Lopez, Chula Vista, Calif., Honda CRF250X
CLASS 30 (Riders over 30 years old)--
306x Fred Sobke, Bonita, Calif./David Starrett/Jack Stagg, Oceanside, Calif., Honda CRF450X
300x Mike Johnson, El Paso, Texas/Tyler Renshaw, Kawasaki KX450F
329x Brad Baker, Austin, Texas/Brandon Allen, Battle Ground, Wash./Robert Allen, Bush Prairie, Wash., Honda CRF450X
309x Todd York, Claremore, Okla./Nate Scott/Bud Carmen, Lake Winnabago, Mo., KTM 450XCF
310x Mark Winkelman, Cedar Hill, Texas/Jim O’Neal, Simi Valley, Calif./Kevin Murphy, Honda CRF450X
CLASS 40 (Riders over 40 years old)--
410x Giovanni Spinali/Paul Thomas/Mike Carter/John Griffin, Julian, Calif., Honda CRF450X
403x Oscar Fazz/Mike Langley, Yuma, Ariz., Kawasaki KX450F
440x Joel Leal/Mario Acosta/Jesus Rios/Tony Sanders, Calexico, Calif., Honda CRF450X
CLASS 50 (Riders over 50 years old)--
500x Marc Prince, Malibu, Calif./Bob Johnson, Oceanside, Calif./Doug Smith, Upland, Calif., Honda CRF450X
510x Earl Roberts, Calexico, Calif./Donald Connelly, Julian, Calif., Honda CRF450X
CLASS 60 (Riders over 60 years old)--
611x Jim Dizney, Alpine, Calif./Jim O’Neal, Simi Valley, Calif./Robert Koch, Leona Valley, Calif./Max Christensen, Sun Valley, Calif., Honda CRF450X
SCORE IRONMAN (Solo Riders)--
702x Tony Gera, Santa Cruz, Calif., Honda XR650R
PRO ATVs
PRO ATV (450cc or more)--
1a Adolfo Arellano, Tijuana, Mexico/Wayne Matlock/Josh Caster, El Cajon, Calif., Honda TRX450R
25a Danny Prather, Ramona, Calif./Josh Row, El Cajon, Calif./David Scott/Travis Dillon, San Diego, Honda TRX450R
14a Gabriel Rascon/David Valley/Jesus Flores, El Centro, Calif., Honda TRX450R
10a Javier Robles Jr, Guadalupe Victoria, Mexico/Mike Cafro, Fallbrook, Calif./Jorie Williams, Longview, Wash./Robbie Mitchell, Price, Utah, Honda TRX450R
15a Gabriel Zendejas/Abraham Atondo, Calipatria, Calif., Yamaha 660
SPORTSMAN
SPT BUGGY--
1577 Martin Hoffman/Jose Duran, Capistrano Beach, Calif., Custom-Chevy
1515 Derek Fletcher, Abingdon, Va./Christyan Samano, Ensenada, RPM-Chevy
SPT UNLIMITED TRUCK--
1453 Charlie Landstrom, El Cajon, Calif./Ryan Landstrom, Lakeside, Calif., Ford Ranger
1419 Jeff Shaw, Escondido, Calif./Marc Caravaggio, San Diego, Ford Ranger
1444 Jim Bunn, Bristol, Va./Thomas Fernandez, Ensenada, Mexico, Chevy Silverado
SPT LIMITED TRUCK
2014 Todd Richards/Ryan Lawhon, El Cajon, Calif., Chevy S-10
SPT M/C--
232x Jesse Williamson/Nick Namm/Eric Nolan, Wildomar, Calif., Kawasaki KX450F
297x Carlos Sanchez/Juan Sanchotena/Carlos Montalvan, Tijuana, Mexico, Husaberg 501
247x Raul Hernandez/Rodolfo Patron, Tijuana, Mexico, KTM 450EXC
SPT ATV--
140a Don Higbee, Casper, Wyo./Jason Wade, Austin, Texas/Chris Robinson, Port Neches, Texas, Polaris 1000
112a Oscar Ruiz/Antonio Contreras/Antonio Manriquez, El Centro, Calif., Honda TRX450R
111a Fidel Gonzalez, Mexicali, Mexico/Ricardo Gonzalez Jr, Potrero, Calif./Jose Soto, Tecate, Calif./Will Salazar, El Cajon, Calif., Yamaha YFZ450

PCI Race Radios

Official UTVUnderground Sponsor
Jun 29, 2011
Long Beach, CA
www.pciraceradios.com
PCI will be at both the Lucas short course race in Elsinore at at the IV250. We are finishing loading the trailer so if there is anything special you would like us to bring out please call asap. We will be open for business on Thursday evening as well as the day of contingency so please feel free to stop by early if you need extra assistance.

Bajaxp

SXS Racer Extraordinaire - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 21, 2010
OC
Just got back from pre-running the course on my KTM. It was fun to see some new terrain, as I have never raced or ridden the Plaster City/ Superstition area. Very diverse, think racing in sand dunes, etc. The course wasn't marked very well and no GPS file available yet. There were buggies, trucks, Utes, bikes and quads driving all over the place trying to find the markers. I think some blew down and some were mowed down. But I also think some tweakers might have moved or removed some. More white and orange ribbon would be a help. If they don't fix it tonight, tomorrow's pre-run is going to be a cluster. Reid is correct that there are a lot of VCP's and you will need to either need to say on the course or be very careful if you are looking for ahem...creative lines. BTW...Roger and Marty Coyne built a FULL ON Lucas style short course track on the infield. It makes the 'Parker Python' look like a speed bump.

Rusty5150

UTVUG PHOTOG
Jan 9, 2009
Any teams out there need some help? I would like to help a team if I can this race.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000