SCORE Desert Challenge Results

Markflexes

Tear It Up 2011 RZR XP
Feb 28, 2012
Peoria, AZ
Do not have much to report other than I have unofficial info that the 1932 Jagged X car driven by Brandon Schueler and Blake Van de Loo finished the first day in first. They race again tomorrow for Heat 2 starting around 10:30a.

SiltSifter

May 1, 2011
Mark got 4th in the first race. The second race something was wrong. He was going around less than half speed. He must have gotten a DNF as we only seen him make 6 or 7 laps. :-(

NIKAL

May 13, 2012
How does that work for points for Parks?
Ok, because we cleared it with SCORE before the race.
I'm sorry but I hate this stupid rule, where if you ask permission you don't even have to show up and drive, yet you get the points. What happen to the days where the Driver of Record had to start or finish to get DOR points.

I think Score has allowed this because BITD has allowed this for years. It's a stupid rule!

This is nothing against Matt as he is just using the rules available to him, but if the Matt & the JaggedX team win the Score Championship, in my mind it will have an asterisk next to their name. Its my opinion you should race every race to be a Champion

If Score & BITD did away with DOR and listed it by car or team, then it would be no big deal, but that is not how they do it.

jaggedx

Jagged X - Official UTVUnderground Sponsor
Jan 14, 2010
www.jaggedx.com
I'm sorry but I hate this stupid rule, where if you ask permission you don't even have to show up and drive, yet you get the points. What happen to the days where the Driver of Record had to start or finish to get DOR points.

I think Score has allowed this because BITD has allowed this for years. It's a stupid rule!

This is nothing against Matt as he is just using the rules available to him, but if the Matt & the JaggedX team win the Score Championship, in my mind it will have an asterisk next to their name. Its my opinion you should race every race to be a Champion

If Score & BITD did away with DOR and listed it by car or team, then it would be no big deal, but that is not how they do it.
Unfortunately, certain things happen in life that are beyond our control (in this case Matt Parks' Son suffered a severe head injury and was in critical condition which was the reason for the substitution) While racing for a championship is important and a serious commitment I think most would agree that some things may be more urgent. The fact that a race organization recognizes and understands this is commendable. While the DOR plays an enormous role in a quest for a championship in the end this is a team sport and its the overall team that wins titles. So quite frankly you can take that Asterisk and...... well you know.

There is no reason that a team should forfeit it's season because of a tragedy, illness, or other life altering circumstance. Again that's why its a race "TEAM"

BS JX

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
Unfortunately, certain things happen in life that are beyond our control (in this case Matt Parks' Son suffered a severe head injury and was in critical condition which was the reason for the substitution) While racing for a championship is important and a serious commitment I think most would agree that some things may be more urgent. The fact that a race organization recognizes and understands this is commendable. While the DOR plays an enormous role in a quest for a championship in the end this is a team sport and its the overall team that wins titles. So quite frankly you can take that Asterisk and...... well you know.

There is no reason that a team should forfeit it's season because of a tragedy, illness, or other life altering circumstance. Again that's why its a race "TEAM"

BS JX
Great Job on the win guys!!

NIKAL

May 13, 2012

BS JX
Please understand this was not a jab at Matt, and I pray for his son to have a full recovery. I was not aware this was his reason for not racing. This also was not a jab at the Jagged X team as you are using a rule (Rob Mac Rule) Score has put into place this year, so I get it. But this is a new rule and I believe Score is following suit as BITD has allowed this for years.

But I can tell you back in 04? When we had the huge fires in San Diego. My race partners house burnt to the ground. He lost everything. Thankfully the race car & equipment was housed at my place. But when we asked Score about him possibly not making a race, as he was the DOR. Sal said he must start or finish to get the points. Sal did not care if he rolled 20ft off the start and I took it from there. He said he must register, get banded and start or finish or you will not get any points.

I understand times have changed, and I guess I need to accept that rules will change with them. But after reading how BITD changed the DOR rule as of late for the Camburg team, you have to wonder why even have a DOR? Why not just list the car by a team name? Then anyone can drive and the team collects the points not the drivers.

Bajaxp

SXS Racer Extraordinaire - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 21, 2010
OC

Todd, yes your insensitive comment is a serious personal jab at me and out JX team. If you knew the chit I have been through in the last six weeks you might not be so callas. BTW, do you have a 'dog in this Pro UTV fight?' I don't think you do, so please stand by the sidelines and spectate silently. -MP

NIKAL

May 13, 2012
Todd, yes your insensitive comment is a serious personal jab at me and out JX team. If you knew the chit I have been through in the last six weeks you might not be so callas. BTW, do you have a 'dog in this Pro UTV fight?' I don't think you do, so please stand by the sidelines and spectate silently. -MP
Matt once again I apologize as after re-reading and learning of your sons injury I can see how my comments can be insensitive. I think you know me and my previous post to know I would never wish bad will on someone. Like I said I have prayed your son recovers from his injurys. I had a cusin who was a golfing prodigy, who crashed on a quad on a Texas farm causing him head trama. His chances of a pro golfing carrier was over, but he since has fully recovered and that is most important. He is doing great and has a wonderful family now. Everyone thought golf was the most important thing until his accident. You realize what is really important. I pray this is the case for your son.

Bottom line racing is nothing and family is everything. I can't imagine what it's like to be in your shoes. So once agian I apologize for my unintentional jab. Really my jab was more in regards to Score, but clearly came out wrong. I stand by my feelings regarding this rule change, but who really cares. And your right I have no dog in the UTV fight. So I will keep my opinions to myself and enjoy the ride from the sidelines.

Last edited:

Rusty5150

UTVUG PHOTOG
Jan 9, 2009
Matt once again I apologize as after re-reading and learning of your sons injury I can see how my comments can be insensitive. I think you know me and my previous post to know I would never wish bad will on someone. Like I said I have prayed your son recovers from his injurys. I had a cusin who was a golfing prodigy, who crashed on a quad on a Texas farm causing him head trama. His chances of a pro golfing carrier was over, but he since has fully recovered and that is most important. He is doing great and has a wonderful family now. Everyone thought golf was the most important thing until his accident. You realize what is really important. I pray this is the case for your son.

Bottom line racing is nothing and family is everything. I can't imagine what it's like to be in your shoes. So once agian I apologize for my unintentional jab. Really my jab was more in regards to Score, but clearly came out wrong. I stand by my feelings regarding this rule change, but who really cares. And your right I have no dog in the UTV fight. So I will keep my opinions to myself and enjoy the ride from the sidelines.

Well said. Thanks for clearing that up.

GOLF CART DORK.

SiltSifter

May 1, 2011
Sooooo BadAssMav

Did you guys complete all 8 laps or not?

Was there not some ride-a-long cars and trucks on the track at the same time???

Give us the skinny.

badassmav

Jun 11, 2013
Jamul
Sooooo BadAssMav

Did you guys complete all 8 laps or not?

Was there not some ride-a-long cars and trucks on the track at the same time???

Give us the skinny.
We raced until SCORE told us that our race was over. Period. After the race was over, SCORE was doing something with TT's and paid rides is what I heard. I don't know if that is true or not. It's just what somebody in the pits had told me.

SiltSifter

May 1, 2011
We raced until SCORE told us that our race was over. Period. After the race was over, SCORE was doing something with TT's and paid rides is what I heard. I don't know if that is true or not. It's just what somebody in the pits had told me.

So Marc did not complete all the laps, just like I counted.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000