SCORE / BITD Sportman UTV Class

RLBStore.com

Jul 17, 2015
California
www.RLBStore.com
Hi Everybody,

I have a quick question. What are the requirements for the UTV sportman class to race SCORE and/or BITD? I have read it can have doors w/ dual latch, and requires the safety basic needs as nets, 5 point seat belts, extinguisher, etc. But, can have long travel? stock fuel tank? I really appreciate your help!

Thanks!

Ratoutahell

Sep 21, 2014
Western Colorado
So for BITD Sportsman and Stock Sportsman are different. Talking with Cory it was explained that for BITD as long as the stated rules for Stock Sportsman are met you can race. There are no limitations at this point so you can just barley meet the rules or have a full-race build to compete. It is meant to be open to anyone but not necessarily fair...Sportsman requires more to be done.

Best in the Desert UTV stock sportsman class rules:

Must have driver and navigator
6 Point Aftermarket Roll-Cage. (No stock roll cages allowed)
Front and rear bumpers are required
Side Panels / Doors Required (Doors must be secured to prevent from popping
open)
Window Nets Required
Roof Panel Required
One 2.5lb Fire Extinguisher Mounted On UTV w/ Quick Release.
5-Point Seat Belts Required 2” or 3” Wide Belts OK, 3” Preferred
One Piece Fire-Suit Required SFI.A1 (SFI.A5 2018 will be required)
Helmet w/ DOT or Snell Decal. Eye Protection Must Be Shatter Resistant.
Gloves and Neck Brace Are Recommended (2018 neck restraints
will be Required)
Numbers On Both Sides Of Vehicle. Minimum 8” Tall Numbers, Yellow Background
w/ Black Numbers (Refer To BITD Entry Form
For # Assignment) Background w/
Black Numbers (Refer To BITD Entry Form For # Assignment)
Two 10lbs or one 20lbs Fire Extinguisher In Your Pit. Must Be Near Vehicle During
Fueling.
Fuel Mat Required For Pit Stops
KC Hilites spec blue strobe light Rear facing, is required and must be wired to the key switch. This light must be mounted as high up on the cage as possible

Notice some rules are "recommended" while others are required. It can easily get confusing.

RLBStore.com

Jul 17, 2015
California
www.RLBStore.com
Thanks for the info. Any suggestion for the fuel tank? Also, can I have a long travel suspension on it?

Thanks

So for BITD Sportsman and Stock Sportsman are different. Talking with Cory it was explained that for BITD as long as the stated rules for Stock Sportsman are met you can race. There are no limitations at this point so you can just barley meet the rules or have a full-race build to compete. It is meant to be open to anyone but not necessarily fair...Sportsman requires more to be done.

Best in the Desert UTV stock sportsman class rules:

Must have driver and navigator
6 Point Aftermarket Roll-Cage. (No stock roll cages allowed)
Front and rear bumpers are required
Side Panels / Doors Required (Doors must be secured to prevent from popping
open)
Window Nets Required
Roof Panel Required
One 2.5lb Fire Extinguisher Mounted On UTV w/ Quick Release.
5-Point Seat Belts Required 2” or 3” Wide Belts OK, 3” Preferred
One Piece Fire-Suit Required SFI.A1 (SFI.A5 2018 will be required)
Helmet w/ DOT or Snell Decal. Eye Protection Must Be Shatter Resistant.
Gloves and Neck Brace Are Recommended (2018 neck restraints
will be Required)
Numbers On Both Sides Of Vehicle. Minimum 8” Tall Numbers, Yellow Background
w/ Black Numbers (Refer To BITD Entry Form
For # Assignment) Background w/
Black Numbers (Refer To BITD Entry Form For # Assignment)
Two 10lbs or one 20lbs Fire Extinguisher In Your Pit. Must Be Near Vehicle During
Fueling.
Fuel Mat Required For Pit Stops
KC Hilites spec blue strobe light Rear facing, is required and must be wired to the key switch. This light must be mounted as high up on the cage as possible

Notice some rules are "recommended" while others are required. It can easily get confusing.

Low Cash Racing

Oct 30, 2017
I’m planning on a couple Sportsman class races. Running stock fuel tank. Not sure on long travel, I’m just running a heavy duty stock replacement setup. Make sure you order the blue spec light it Was on backorder from KC finally got it last week. Also have one of your RLBs

Low Cash Racing

Oct 30, 2017
What took you out?
Got bumped at mile 3 as I was pulling over to let a car pass, Found out it bent the bumper up a smidge at milepost 24.. Upper inner radius rod heim Sheard off from hitting the bumper, then that broke lower shock mount and sheard the lower swaybar heim. We got it rigged up enough to get back to mid pit, and drove it all the way to Bouse to load up on a trailer.

dezertBandito

Sep 16, 2013
Got bumped at mile 3 as I was pulling over to let a car pass, Found out it bent the bumper up a smidge at milepost 24.. Upper inner radius rod heim Sheard off from hitting the bumper, then that broke lower shock mount and sheard the lower swaybar heim. We got it rigged up enough to get back to mid pit, and drove it all the way to Bouse to load up on a trailer.
Did you race the same day as the rest of the pro cars?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000