SB Filter question

Bajaxp

SXS Racer Extraordinaire - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 21, 2010
OC
No, actually it keeps water out of your filter. It separates dirt, dust, silt, sand, snow, and even water from getting to your air filter. Helicopter technology. It works and it is very trick. My 2 pesos.

bdk

Jul 28, 2016
My understanding of the process is the inlets create tiny vortices (think tornado) and the heavier particles (dust, sand, water etc) are pushed to the outer edge by centrifugal force where the scavenge fan draws it out and expels it while the clean air in the center (eye) gets passed into the engine intake tube and then gets passed through your stock air filter. It's really just a prefilter

Reactions: BajaBoundMoto

Bajaxp

SXS Racer Extraordinaire - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 21, 2010
OC
My understanding of the process is the inlets create tiny vortices (think tornado) and the heavier particles (dust, sand, water etc) are pushed to the outer edge by centrifugal force where the scavenge fan draws it out and expels it while the clean air in the center (eye) gets passed into the engine intake tube and then gets passed through your stock air filter. It's really just a prefilter
Not really a pre-'filter' because there is no 'filter' per se. But I get why you say it functions as such as you still need to run your regular air filter. It is 94% efficient (meaning it prevents 94% of dirt from ever getting to your filter) and will never plug like a filter skin and will never be restrictive.

Reactions: Simi Dude

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000