Save Johnson Valley

The Lyin King

Public Lands Advocate
Feb 7, 2009
Signed

Thanks for posting this
Right on Leo! Ya know, this Marine expansion isn't popular with the people who live in the immediate area, it isn't supported by the Tortoise preservationists, the flower sniffers, rock hounds, petroglyph hunters, scenic view or solitude seekers and it damn sure isn't supported by the OHV community but the only way to make this clear is to . . .

SIGN THE PETITION

It didn't cost a cent to create, doesn't cost a cent to sign yet it can send a message that is priceless . . . enough Government over reach, Nationwide the OHV community of 55 million Americans stand unified against this expansion.

The only thing Politian’s understand or care about is the vote, signing this thing and showing them our numbers may make them stand up and take notice. Next time they might think twice and consider how their decisions will impact our community and their jobs.

NIKAL

May 13, 2012
Only 13,113 signatures still needed!

Lets get on it folks! Pass the word around, e-mail your friends & family who dont visit these sites.

The Lyin King

Public Lands Advocate
Feb 7, 2009

The Lyin King

Public Lands Advocate
Feb 7, 2009
This petition is up on dozens of OHV forums, access advocacy sites, FacePlant and is even in the press. One OHV forum shows a membership of around 250K!!!

Here is a Google search that shows some web presence.
http://www.google.com/#hl=en&tbo=d&...74,d.cGE&fp=35aa3d940bc48dd8&biw=1093&bih=425

This should have had 25K signatures the first day it was released; it should have at least 250K by now.

While it is heartening to see the signatures of folks from nearly every State in the Nation who actually get it, the overall lack of participation speaks volumes about how much we really value our recreation.

A strong showing here would have sent a loud message to Washington not only about JV but the voting potential held by 55M motorized public land users.

Is it any wonder we are constantly being stomped by a couple million hiking boots and ignored by a political machine that highly values votes and lubes the largest squeakiest wheel first??

This petition will be lucky to reach its goal and that’s just flat arse embarrassing!!!

Here is the petition link just in case you haven’t signed it yet . . .
https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pe...ms-marine-base-expansion-keep-public/5r0C7Xw4

NIKAL

May 13, 2012
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJqrR6VxCbE"]Save Johnson Valley Petition - Save The Hammers by 2/14/13 - YouTube[/ame]

dkiewicz

Space Cadet - UTVUnderground's La Familia
Nov 28, 2009
Hesperia Ca
Sent NBC, ABC and CBS the link and info. Also talked to Sindy Saito at the NBC news desk and sent her an email with the links and a little background. You might see it on the 6 o'clock tonight if we're lucky!!!:D

Dan ...

The Lyin King

Public Lands Advocate
Feb 7, 2009
Sent NBC, ABC and CBS the link and info. Also talked to Sindy Saito at the NBC news desk and sent her an email with the links and a little background. You might see it on the 6 o'clock tonight if we're lucky!!!:D

Dan ...
Way to step it up!

NICE!!! :D

BLR

Dec 15, 2010
Florence, Oregon
I am highly disappointed with the whole OHV community..this should have hit 25000 the 1st day...and especially when the King of the Hammers is just around the.corner..
I have come to the conclusion..OHVers are a DIFM. Group...I dont care if I loose my Public Lands to the hikers, birdwatchers etc.

gotta love life

The Lyin King

Public Lands Advocate
Feb 7, 2009
I am highly disappointed with the whole OHV community..this should have hit 25000 the 1st day...and especially when the King of the Hammers is just around the.corner..
I have come to the conclusion..OHVers are a DIFM. Group...I dont care if I loose my Public Lands to the hikers, birdwatchers etc.

gotta love life
Yup, what we really needed to do was kick 'em hard in the balls showing our unity and voting clout utilizing this one highly publicized fight, not just give 'em a little slap!

Setting a goal of minimal achievement (which in this case may or may not be met) isn't the way to be successful or accomplish anything meaningful in this life!!!

NIKAL

May 13, 2012

gotta love life
Yup, what we really needed to do was kick 'em hard in the balls showing our unity and voting clout utilizing this one highly publicized fight, not just give 'em a little slap!

Setting a goal of minimal achievement (which in this case may or may not be met) isn't the way to be successful or accomplish anything meaningful in this life!!!
<dl class="discussion clear i0 xg_lightborder"><dd> Yep we should have had 25,000 signatures in the first few days. And 25,000 is the minimum in order to get a response. The more signatures the louder our voices are heard.

</dd><dd>Here is what really bothers me and shows how little the OHV community cares.

</dd><dd>Some Sci Fi geek thought hey lest start a petition to the White House to ask them to build a "Death Star". Yes the Death Star in Star Wars! Do you know they had over 34,000 signatures!

</dd><dd>Do you mean to tell me some Sci Fi geeks are more organized and care more about having our Government build a Death Start then we the outdoor recreational user is about saving the largest piece of OHV land in California?

</dd><dd>Something is really, really wrong! Because of our lack of caring we deserve everything we have coming to us.

</dd><dd>
</dd></dl>

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000